Need recommendation

cftongtan

Re: Need recommendation for good Confinement Lady from mid feb 2012

Hi dolphyant,
I agreed with you that Siew Ling Jie is very popular and always booked by people. :)

janmummy

hello all mums..

would someone provide some info. on how much will the cost for CL during CNY period...thanks so much...

Sunflower1979

Will like to share my experience with 2 CLs that I have hired. I was early by 2.5 weeks (gynae wanted to induce) and my original CL can't come as she needed to go on holiday with her family. She tried to find a CL for me but could not get anyone. In the end, the day before I was induced, I was frantically looking for a CL to cover for a week before she was available.

I got a contact and got Auntie Fong as my CL. She happened to be available before her next assignment which was due a week after. She is very good and took very good care of me and baby in her 1 week stint here. She cooks very well and in her one week here she taught me a lot of handy tips in showering, feeding and soothing babies. When I was desperate for breast milk, she uses very very hot towel and massages my breast to improve circulation.

When my original CL came, Jasmine (Singaporean, which I got her contact from this forum!), it was a total nightmare and she was so unhygienic and yet kept bragging about how capable she is. She is demanding (maybe becoz she is Singaporean) and kept insisting that baby is not hungry and refuse to let me feed when he cries non-stop for an hour In the end, i sacked her after a week and coped with 3 weeks w/o CL.

I miss Auntie Fong a lot and asked her to come back and teach me again how to shower my baby after her assignment which ended last week. She is very jovial and bubbly and has a lot of passion in her job. She is responsible and very willing to teach mothers, maids and grandparents on wat to eat and what not to eat and what to cook etc. Her meals are delicious and very easy going.

She is with me now can be contacted at 83864182 or 016 7430588 (u can quote Liping for reference). I know she has an assignment in HK till next year March and she will be available after that. I do not gain anything for advertising her. Just that she has been receiving jobs from other CLs that takes commission from her and will like to help her get some jobs and get the full rate that she deserves.

Just in case, the CL Jasmine (Singaporean) which is very atas and unhygienic, her number is 91279879. Please avoid her at all cost. She charges above market rate as well.

Niuniu

Hi all, i am doing my confinement now, and would like to introduce my confirnement lady- Aunt Kiau to those who are interested, she is very handworking , do all the house work, cook for the family and take care of baby and myself. she is very hygiene and motherly..those who is interested you may contact her directly at 9094 2456 or 017-7165175 and tell them you want the same service that you provided to Sarah :)
Hi, I would like to share my personal experience with Aunt Kiau. I was looking for a CL and found her contact on this forum.
I had called her and told her my intention of engaging her service, that time she was in M'asia. She told me to meet up with her which she will be coming to SG for a confinement job 2 months later.

My hubby and I went down to the place where she is doing her confinement and she has increase her price to $100 more than what we had spoke to her previously. But we feel that it is ok as long as she is able to help us. So we agreed on engaging her but we didnt know we have to pay a deposit on the spot. We told her we will contact her again (before she goes back to M'asia) to make payment and get her passport info to prepare her work permit as well.

A few days later she had sms my hubby, saying she cannot do our job has she has agree to do for another couple. We were very angry and question her as we had engage her 1st and she also agreed to take up the job. She replied saying we still haven't made payment so she has the choice to reject us and also we were not sincere enough to make payment in the 1st meeting. My hubby and I suspect that the other couple maybe paying her higher hence she cancel ours.

We feel that she do not honour her promise and luckily for us, we still can find another CL in time. I can't imagine if it is a last min cancellation, how to find another one within a short period of time? Perhaps she would feel that as long as she return the deposit $ to you, it is ok. and she can take up another higher offer job..

She told us she can do many things, help up in housework too. But we really doubt her words now.

Jelly

Hi,
Anyone has any good CL to recommend and who is willing to travel to to Japan for the confinement period? Really desperate to find one cos as baby will be due in February. :embarrassed:

CJmom

Hello,

I'm from Sep 2011 thread and I have a good CL that I will like to recommend to all mummies. Siew Ling jie was the CL for my 2 SILs and they sang praises of her which was the reason why I decided to engage her.

On the first day she arrived, she revamp my kitchen and create a very neat system for keeping the milk bottles and my breast pump equipment. She is also very encouraging and supportive of breastfeeding. The first 4 days, my breast milk has not kick in yet and I was feeling very stressed and down. She boiled papaya soups and always remind me to drink lots of red dates tea to help with the milk production. During that period, she gave me alot of encouragement on breastfeeding. She is very alert especially for night duty of taking care of baby. The moment my baby starts to go eh eh, she is already up and heating up ebm to feed him.

After being discharged from hospital and that 1st week of back home and trying to adjust to be a mum, Siew Ling jie is really a godsend helper and teaching me alot of things about taking care of baby, learning how to differentiate the various tones of my baby's cries which means different needs of my baby.

She is also a very good cook and takes care of me very well. She always whip up interesting dishes cooked in different ways. Check out some of the dishes she has cooked for me so far.

View attachment 65585
View attachment 65584

She is very hardworking and even cleans those hard to reach corners in my kitchen and does the household chores fast and efficient.

Overall, she is really a good CL and I will highly recommend her to all mummies. I will definitely engage her again when I have my 2nd child.

Her contact is:
Singapore HP - 81195431 (contactable when she is working in SG)
Malaysia HP - +60137067061 / +60127609538 (contactable when she is in Malaysia). Do tell her you are recommended by Meiyu. She usually will give higher priority to those who are recommended by mummies who engaged her before. Do book her early for your confinement as she get booked pretty fast!
Hi dolphyant

Great to hear you got such a good CL. Cos heard many from hell stories and my previous one was not good in terms of experience and gave many excuses so will not re-engage her this time.

Btw does your CL Siew Ling jie do any marketing? Can she prepare tonic stuffs too? Cos I won't know what to buy. How much did you pay for her 28 days? Also if you could share about the ang pao, how much to give? My email is teowyg@yahoo.com.sg.

Thank you for asking so much.

Ps: if you have a pic of her to email me too?

hayashi43

Hi all,

I am looking for cl nowadays, but 1 thing i am not v sure, issit a norm to pay them deposit?
cos my friend told me dont need, but 1 cl just told me i need to pay her a $500 deposit if we cfm on her....so??

janicehoon

Hi all,

I am looking for cl nowadays, but 1 thing i am not very sure, issit a norm to pay them deposit?
cos my friend told me dont need, but 1 cl just told me i need to pay her a $500 deposit if we cfm on her....so??
My current confinement lady is from perak in malaysia, she just arrived on 31/10 Monday 6pm after an 8hrs trip and will be staying for 28 days in my house.

I book her in advance and informed her mine EDD so she will reserved the slot for me without deposit. But we also talk trust and dont misuse their kindness. She been working as a confinement lady for 10 years already. But she dun work during chinese new year

babystarlet

Dear mummies, I've just delivered My second baby in oct 2011.And I'm currently still
Doing my confinement.
I would like to recommend my confinement lady to whoever need.
I fully understand how stressful it is to find a good confinement lady.

She's from Indonesia, batam. A Chinese . She can cook proper confinement food and ca. Take good care of baby.

She's also very hardworking. When she's free, she will help mop and sweep the room.
she also don't mind cook for my hubby and mum as well.she gets along well with my mum who's staying in with me.

Do email me at xoxotweetgal@yahoo.com for her contact.

As she's still in spore, u may talk to her or meet up with her face to face.

As a word of advise, some mummies would like to save money and DIY confinement. I urge u to spend the money if u can , because having a confinement lady really makes a difference.

All the best !

baby closet

I'm currently doing my confinement and will end on 7 Dec 2011. This is the first time I engaged a confinement lady, though this is my 2nd child. But have never regretted engaging one. Thumbs up for my confinement lady.

Her contact details:
Auntie Ying
Malaysia Contact: 018-60197541829
SIN Contact: 9054 3385

She's very good in cooking delicious meals, especially soup. She has also took good care of my baby with great patience!

eve34

Thank u. Now having problem finding confinement lady who will be free next June. Those tat I called are booked. Anyone use the confinement agency in Singapore? Any good?