Need recommendation

mommymommymommy

I need a confinement lady around July 2012. My first one... I need all the help..
Any recommendation? Please share with me your experiences. My email is ne99ne99@yahoo.com
I have a rough start to my confinement. My baby was underweight and have to be put in special care at kk for 11 days. I didnt expect that to happen and had informed my CL to come on my scheduled discharge date. Thus, I was home alone with the CL for the first 11 days. Fortunately the CL was very nice. Since my baby is in hospital and she only needs to take care of me, she spend her days cleaning the house and preparing the chinese needed for my confinement for me. Luckily she is quite easy going and not caluculative, possibly feel bad that she does not have to take care of my baby. Thus, she do all the ironing, clean the windows and even the toilets, all without us asking her to do. She is also able to spent more time preparing my confinement meals and herbal soup.

Looking back, although I was worried sick with my baby initially, I was not too bad after all as I have the first 10 days to adjust to my new body, rest, and deal with my breast engorgement and recover before my baby comes home on day 11. And I have time to communicate with my CL and both of us get to know each other better before my baby comes home.

In the end, we extended her service for one more month after she finished the first 28 days as we are comfortable with her. I believe the important thing in a good confinement is for both parties not to be too calculative and to communicate. I'm sure she wouldnt be too happy if we were to deduct her fee just because my baby is not home and she would not be doing all the extra housework that is not part of her CL duty.

mo2xs

hi....

Anyone know english or malay speaking nanny?
I found one, but she disappear after setting up an appointment for interview
This is my 1st child and my due is mid april, may be earlier

Thanks

MummyzYang

Hi, I am currently doing my confinement and would like to intro my confinement lady. She will be available in march 2012. She only does day confinement (9am-6pm). No overnight. She is very pro breast feeding and will bring baby to you whenever you want to breastfeed. Cooks for my hubby and son too and does simple household chores. She very clean too, washes her hands before handling baby and she keeps my kitchen clean and neat. So far I am very satisfied with her performance. Anyone interested to hire her can pm me with your contact and I'll get her to call you back as she is with me now.
Hi JO_mum,
can you please PM me her contact number? showpeng@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance!

cheers,
SP

mumba

Hi All,

I am keen to contact Autumn's CL. Can anyone send me her details at mumba_me@yahoo.com.sg? My EDD is 12 July this year. Has anyone else used her services too? Can you pls share your experiences? I'm staying alone with my hubby who leaves like 630am and only home in the evening so I will need all the help I can. Wont mind give and take but just need proper help so that I can rest and recover in peace. :)

Thank you for all the help!

Does there pay include the food?
As in CL is about 2k onward right? So does her pay include the confinement food or have to give her extra? sorry its my first time :)

elaine01

As in CL is about 2k onward right? So does her pay include the confinement food or have to give her extra? sorry its my first time :)
Does not include food. It's only her pay. Have to give a red packet upon arrival & before she leaves. Pay increases about $100 annually.

then how much extra do i need to pay her for food?
cos im comparing whether i should get a confinement lady
or get the confinement tingat meal delivery + maid
....hmmm

elaine01

then how much extra do i need to pay her for food?
cos im comparing whether i should get a confinement lady
or get the confinement tingat meal delivery + maid
....hmmm
confinement tingkat is about $1000+(i think) for the food only. CL cooks confinement food, shower baby, looks after the new mum & helps with simple chores.

you can get hubby or parents to buy food for the whole week. my CL dont eat much. just plain bread n coffee is enough for her. you buy food to cook for everyone in the family. i dont know about other CL. my CL plans what she wants to cook each meal & inform us when food is running low.

Krisjoel

Hi all, I just finished my confinement during dec. The lady was very good in her duties that i extend her 2 more weeks to help me out. She does housework,cook 3 meals, take care of bb n me. She would teach me hw to take care of bb.She stays at our house and would chat with me. Help out whenever my family members need anything. Cooks tonics for me.. She clean, and very hygiene..This very impt for bbs!!!Pm me for more details.
Please e-mail me the nanny contact. my wife is due mid-march 2012
krish_haran@hotmail.com

ldawnl

Hi Jo_mum,

Thanks for sharing! Hope a speedy recovery for u!

Being looking for day confinement lady for quite some time le. Haha May i know how much does she charged? Also, can i have her contact no.?

THanks! ^^

Hi, I am currently doing my confinement and would like to intro my confinement lady. She will be available in march 2012. She only does day confinement (9am-6pm). No overnight. She is very pro breast feeding and will bring baby to you whenever you want to breastfeed. Cooks for my hubby and son too and does simple household chores. She very clean too, washes her hands before handling baby and she keeps my kitchen clean and neat. So far I am very satisfied with her performance. Anyone interested to hire her can pm me with your contact and I'll get her to call you back as she is with me now.

skyspectrum05

Hi all, I just finished my confinement during dec. The lady was very good in her duties that i extend her 2 more weeks to help me out. She does housework,cook 3 meals, take care of baby n me. She would teach me hw to take care of baby.She stays at our house and would chat with me. Help out whenever my family members need anything. Cooks tonics for me.. She clean, and very hygiene..This very impt for bbs!!!Pm me for more details.
Hi, can email me the confinement lady contacts at skyspectrum05@yahoo.com. My EDD is late July. Thanks.

Angel9

Actually the market rate is only about $1400+ right now. The $600-$700 extra is for agent's finding fee. The other $170-$250 is for MOM's fee. The 2 red packets are at your discretion. (Except for GPLS which forced us to pay a set amount for the red packets, which made the total cost go up by $200+!) Food and lodging costs are not included. The agencies might give the confinement ladies a retainer as they have to sign contract with the agency which prevents them from working privately. In the end, it costs about the same whether you go private or agency. With agency you get replacement if the CL is sick or cannot get on with you. With private, if they back out, it's your own problem.

Last edited:

afoomi

Your mailbox already full, I can't send any PM to you. Can I have her contact?

yingzy

Hi All,

I've just finish my confinement in Nov. I would like to share my confinement nanny from Malaysia to all. Her name is Qun Jie, has been babysitting since 1997 I tink... She is very good, love babies and cook nice confinement food. Like most gd nanny she will help out with simple hse chores. She is friendly and lovable, she gets along with my in law family very well bcuz she was my sis-in-law's confinement nanny too. But she only takes care of me & my son. As for my hubby cuz he only come back for dinner so she is pretty flexible so she will cook his share w/o extra charges. But if i'm not wrong if you have other children that needs her to help take care too, there will be extra charges (afterall a CL is suppose to take care of mum & baby only). She collects a deposit of $200 to confirm that she will be taking up ur job. If interested can PM me...I will share her number with you.

PS. She is very popular, when she is doing my confinement in Nov, I heard she is booked up to July/Aug 2012 already.