Need recommendation

Eeyoremum

Hi! How long is your confinement with your confinement lady? Did u apple permit?

Any dpst needed upon confirmation?

Can we extend her if we like her?

Due to bad experience with the 1st one, this time must choose carefully

ahchan5

Re: fishy

+60197541829
The more I think about it the weirder it seem. I hv yet to confront that aunty yulian recommended by ferfer8 above, but I wd like to warn all mummies here to beware of scams and recommendation.

I totally agreed with Mojito! There are fake recommendation posted by some podders here whom are probably children of lousy CL named Ying Jie (+60197541829, 90543385), a fat lady with curly hair, crossed eyes. Pls beware! I terminated this CL after seeing her snoring and not waking up in middle of night when baby cries during her first night at work!
When ask her to clean baby stuffs when she is free, she replied 'tomorrow'!
She doesn't wipe baby dry after shower. I see baby's hair wet and she didn't bother dry corner of legs etc. She can chitchat on phone while baby is sleeping besides her, so inconsiderate! Ended up baby can't sleep and cry! She takes alot naps too!

SereneHuang

Hi mummies,
Would like to recommend my confinement nanny who is still at my place. She is way better than my expectations so I think it is good to share with you mummies too. As finding a good confinement nanny isn't that easy.

She cooks well. Hard working. Will sweep and mop my floor whenever she is free or find it dirty / oily after my massage. She even washed my fridge for me which had surprised me a lot. Both me & my hubby are very happy with her and intend to give her bigger ang pao when she leaves.

What's more is that she is charging quite cheap. Kinda below market rate.

You can contact her at 84011502(sg) or +6281372655271(Indonesia) We call her Mei Jie. She is from Indonesia.

Hope you find her equally good too!! ^_^

Enjoy your pregnancy and motherhood!! My son is 18days old today. Still trying to learn from CL how to take care baby. So far still can cope. Hee..

matrixyuki

confinement lady陪月

hi, I am starting this thread to introduce my mum as a confinement lady. She has extensive experience (over 15 years) as confinement lady and know all kind of confinement food just for the mother. The only shortcoming that she has is she can only speak Mandarin and Hokkien as she is a Malaysian. Those interested to engage her service can call myself at +60182524575

Last edited:

diorly

Re: fishy

+60197541829

I totally agreed with Mojito! There are fake recommendation posted by some podders here whom are probably children of lousy CL named Ying Jie (+60197541829, 90543385), a fat lady with curly hair, crossed eyes. Pls beware! I terminated this CL after seeing her snoring and not waking up in middle of night when baby cries during her first night at work!
When ask her to clean baby stuffs when she is free, she replied 'tomorrow'!
She doesn't wipe baby dry after shower. I see baby's hair wet and she didn't bother dry corner of legs etc. She can chitchat on phone while baby is sleeping besides her, so inconsiderate! Ended up baby can't sleep and cry! She takes alot naps too!
Is she from agency or freelancer? It sounds terrible! If i were you I will be so angry too!

confinementlady

Dear all mummy to be,

A good confinement lady is very important to all mummy during confinement month.
My mum from malaysia has 20 years experience as a confinement lady.
She speak mandarin, contonese and indonesia language (Advantage for those indonesian chinese who work in singapore).
Feel free to call or sms me at 9-8-6-3 _2 4-3-8 for more details.

Daily Duties:
Confinement cooking for the mother
Taking care, feeding & bathing newborn
Laundry for the mother and newborn
Do Marketing (if required)
Provide 24 hrs general baby care – to ensure complete rest for mummy

Just Me

Hi mummies,
Would like to recommend my confinement nanny who is still at my place. She is way better than my expectations so I think it is good to share with you mummies too. As finding a good confinement nanny isn't that easy.

She cooks well. Hard working. Will sweep and mop my floor whenever she is free or find it dirty / oily after my massage. She even washed my fridge for me which had surprised me a lot. Both me & my hubby are very happy with her and intend to give her bigger ang pao when she leaves.

What's more is that she is charging quite cheap. Kinda below market rate.

You can contact her at 84011502(sg) or +6281372655271(Indonesia) We call her Mei Jie. She is from Indonesia.

Hope you find her equally good too!! ^_^

Enjoy your pregnancy and motherhood!! My son is 18days old today. Still trying to learn from CL how to take care baby. So far still can cope. Hee..

Hi SereneHuang,

May I know how much is her rate?

CynLAI

Hi all mummies-to-be

I would like to share my experience with my confinement nanny, Auntie Yali who spent 2 months with me, prolly the most difficult times of my life with all those post-natal conditions. She is a Cantonese Malaysian from KL who could cook both traditional and modern confinement foods. I have never thought that confinement foods could be so nice with all those double-boiled soups!

What's more, she really gives her heart out for babies. When my baby first comes back home, he has developed rashes and she insisted that everytime he poo poo or even wee wee, she would rinse his butt to make him feel better (coz using baby wipes and cotton pads would cause more pain) though it would be more troublesome. She would not choose the easy way out and jeopardize baby's interest. That's why my baby loves her so much and smiles at her all the time. Baby never lies!

As for me, I am grateful that I have her around during all those ups and downs, with all those support and care. I have managed to survive for the new motherhood. I didnt expect I could have enough breast milk for my baby but out of my surprise, I could breast-feed my baby for these 2 months, without having formula milk. I have to thank her for all those encouragements and loving care..and most of all, waking up at 3am to accompany me to latch or pump until the engorgements and lumps are gone...she is my angel!

If you would like to know more or would love to have her contact, please pm me.

She has just finished and went back to KL for CNY...we all start to miss her already!!

bbbreeze

Hi CynLai
may I know does she do basic cleaning like cleaning the floor etc.? Will she cook your hubby as well?
thanks!

vivianlau84

I just finished my maternity leave and got one good confinement nanny called auntie Meng ( dream 梦) recommended .im the 1st time mummy and don't know how to feed baby. I got attend child care class but I just learning the theory . Lastly, I found out only nanny can teach us how to feed and bath baby from practical. So I would like to recommend my nanny here . I love her food and she do the thing very fast. Her number is 98106140. Later I will post Her malaysia number here. Thank you

CynLAI

Hi CynLai
may I know does she do basic cleaning like cleaning the floor etc.? Will she cook your hubby as well?
thanks!
Hi bbbreeze,

Yea, she can do basic cleaning and in fact, she has taught a lot of useful skills and tips to my maid so that she could do the housework more efficiently. She could train ur maid well in cooking and doing housework so that your house would still be neat after she leaves and you could continue to have confinement foods if you want.

She cooks for my hubby without extra charges and even my in-laws and friends when they visit us. She is more than happy to share her cooking tips and recipes too. What I like about her is that she would not mind doing more works than she is supposed to and finds it a compliment when ppl enjoy her foods and work.

Cxoxoc

Do not hire Aunty Lian or Lian Jie from Pahang. Her real name is Low Har Lin.

Phone number 8285 7060 in Singapore and 019 993 9483 in Malaysia.
I hired Aunty Lian and had a terrible experience. She cooked the exact same thing for me for lunch throughout the entire 28 days.
Also for dinner, she cooks things like fried chicken and fried wantons -hardly confinement food. Her so called tonic soups were so thin that they tasted like water.

As for caring for baby, I think she has no skill in soothing baby. All she does is to feed the baby whenever baby cries, even if baby has just fed. Many times she says baby is hungry but when my mum takes over to carry, baby is soothed and sleeps. Even my jamu lady could not stand it when bb cry for one hr, after my jamu session, she asked to carry baby and baby slept in her arms within 5 mins. And what does Aunty Lian do - she went to prepare bath saying want to bath baby when baby just fall asleep. Both Jamu lady and me were shocked.

Talks on the phone a lot as well - I have no idea why she has so many phone calls.

Very calculative as well - first few days she cooked too little and I told her to cook more. What follows after that was...she purposely overcooked for the next few days...

When she sees that I am expressing, she does not wash the milk bottle and leaves it there for me to wash together with my pumping equipment.

So - I will not recommend her at all.

bbbreeze

Hi bbbreeze,

Yea, she can do basic cleaning and in fact, she has taught a lot of useful skills and tips to my maid so that she could do the housework more efficiently. She could train ur maid well in cooking and doing housework so that your house would still be neat after she leaves and you could continue to have confinement foods if you want.

She cooks for my hubby without extra charges and even my in-laws and friends when they visit us. She is more than happy to share her cooking tips and recipes too. What I like about her is that she would not mind doing more works than she is supposed to and finds it a compliment when ppl enjoy her foods and work.

Hi CynLai
thanks so much for the info!! Can I have her contact no. please?

CynLAI

Hi CynLai
thanks so much for the info!! Can I have her contact no. please?
No problem. Her Singapore number is 9241 9582 Malaysian number is 60 166508680 or 60 122748376.
Guess she is still in KL at the moment. You can call her to discuss more. You could just tell her u get her number from Madam Fung ( yea she likes to call me this way, haha) and she will know.

Just let me know if u need further info.

Hi my edd is aug 2014 and i am looking for a confinement nanny that can cook well and does household chores . However i have 2 dogs so she muz nt b afraid of dogs plus charges pref to b $2k or less. Any recommendations? Thanks!!