Need some advise please

huiyin87

Hi mummies, got a few questions wanna ask
1) is it that all gynae will cut *below* when giving birth? regardless of whether it is big enough for the baby to come out?
2) will we be put on drip once admit? or is it case by case basis?
3) will your gynae press very hard on your tummy after stiching? so as to make the uterus shrink..

btw, i am seeing dr adrain.. so mummies delivered with him pls help...
would like to know how his proceudres are..

thanks

CanCanMum

Hi huiyin87:

1) a cut is needed if u require assisted delivery procedures, meaning if fetus head is not in right "position" for that last and final push....or if mother got no strength? Den they will need to perform a cut at the perineam area, that sensitive tissue between the vagina opening and the anus. From wad i heard there are two types of cut - 2 degree and 4 degree cut....4 degree cuts are longer and stops before the anus area. All depends on your babys size. But sometimes if we pushed too hard it will result in a tear. Personally i feel that a tear is easier to heal den a cut. Not sure about other mums but i had both. A cut is needed to insert a forceps to "clamp" the baby out.

2) a drip is needed for antibotics if waterbag burst or if oxytoxin is required for induced birth.

3) yes. The nurse did for me a massage to make it shrink. But only start after your lochia discharge is lesser...meaning after confinement.

wenz

My doctor had the pratice to do cuts, i had cuts for my both kids thou mine is normal birth w/o any assist nor epi... never try tear before but usually cuts will recover within 2 weeks time as our virgina area had high healing ability...

i was not on drip before so not sure wat is it for, but i know one of the induce method is to put u on drip... i think c-section oso require to put on drip so u cannot eat anything and they can input painkiller after the ops...

wenz

oh ya forgot about no.3, yes they do massage ur tummy to let the placenta come out and let ur uterus shrink back a little... a little painful thou after the fierce fight to push the baby out the tummy is kind of more tender so can feel pain when massage...