Need to change baby's passport???

diymummy

I made my baby's passport when he was 4 months old. Now, he's 1 year old and my hubby says that the photo looks different. Must I change it?

I mean when he was 4 mths, he looks chubbier with no hair and now he's skinnier with more hair.

Any mummies or daddies here face this? Making baby's passport when very young then later baby's looks kind of "matures" and change?

camom

I will change only when I am told to do so by customs. Very expensive to keep changing passports cos ICA don't allow photo updates now.

diymummy

Thanks camom mummy.

I just called ICA and they also asked me if it was suggested by customs that I change the photo.

Am asking also coz my brother was stopped once not at the Singapore customs but at the Malaysian customs due to an old photograph a few years back.

autumn82

So I've to go to the customs to "test" whether they accept it?! :eek: I was also thinking about Belle's passport pic that was done in 2007.. :err: Now looks kinda different.. Geez..

diymummy

Hi Autumn mummy,

Ya lorr.. That's what the lady over the phone asked me. She feels that it shouldn't be an issue. That the customs will inform me if I need to change the photo. But my worry is what if I'm stopped at a foreign country's customs?

Was wondering if I should get a birth extract from ICA (certified true copy of birth cert)... That one costs $30.. Instead of changing the passport which would cost me $70.

I sound so KS right? Hahaha... Rather confirm and go thru all the hassle here than have some checkpoint spoil my holiday.

TANZHENZHI

Autumn i think you can go change Belle passport le haha.. more than 2yrs surely look diff la.. hahaha :001_302: later you reach the customs they say cannot pass then how? waste your trip there then go home? :err:

autumn82

Hi Autumn mummy,

Ya lorr.. That's what the lady over the phone asked me. She feels that it shouldn't be an issue. That the customs will inform me if I need to change the photo. But my worry is what if I'm stopped at a foreign country's customs?

Was wondering if I should get a birth extract from ICA (certified true copy of birth cert)... That one costs $30.. Instead of changing the passport which would cost me $70.

I sound so KS right? Hahaha... Rather confirm and go thru all the hassle here than have some checkpoint spoil my holiday.
:eek: That's my worry too. Going M'sia this end of the month.. Geez. I thought passport is valid for 5 years. If after 2 years cannot use then, I gotta keep on changing?! :embarrassed:

Why must get birth extract??

I agree.. So troublesome.

THE SAID'S

Yes, once when we tried entering Malaysia, the custom requested that my 2 year old girl's photo be changed. We never thought how serious it was to change till the 2nd visit to Malaysia ... The custom on duty asked me why the photo never been changed. He gave me a stern warning and scribbled something on her passport (with big exclamation mark!). Luckily, my ex-colleague's wife works in ICA. She helped me changed the photo. I couldn't remember paying any fees for that .. but things may change for now.

autumn82

Autumn i think you can go change Belle passport haha.. more than 2yrs surely look diff .. hahaha :001_302: later you reach the customs they say cannot pass then how? waste your trip there then go home? :err:
But the passport is supposed to be valid for 5 years and less than 3 years I gotta spend another $70 for it? :err::err::err:

autumn82

Yes, once when we tried entering Malaysia, the custom requested that my 2 year old girl's photo be changed. We never thought how serious it was to change till the 2nd visit to Malaysia ... The custom on duty asked me why the photo never been changed. He gave me a stern warning and scribbled something on her passport (with big exclamation mark!). Luckily, my ex-colleague's wife works in ICA. She helped me changed the photo. I couldn't remember paying any fees for that .. but things may change for now.
:err::err::err::err:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

diymummy

Autumn, get birth extract so that I can proof that this is my baby and I'm not trying to smuggle or what.. Haha. Coz birth cert got his full name and ID number plus my full name and ID number which I can proof with my passport.

Not sure if that's necessary. Maybe I'd just do it in case?

I think that's the problem with children's passports. Their face changes all the time...

The Said's, how old was your baby when her passport was made?

Checked with ICA, they said that from now on, passports are biometric and cannot add photo. If face changed, need to spend $70 to make a new passport. $80 if you do it at the counter.

Last edited:

autumn82

Autumn, get birth extract so that I can proof that this is my baby and I'm not trying to smuggle or what.. Haha. Coz birth cert got his full name and ID number plus my full name and ID number which I can proof with my passport.

Not sure if that's necessary. Maybe I'd just do it in case?

The Said's, how old was your baby when her passport was made?

Checked with ICA, they said that from now on, passports are biometric and cannot add photo. If face changed, need to spend $70 to make a new passport. $80 if you do it at the counter.
Why don't bring his b/c instead? Then dun have to spend $30? :001_302:

They sure know how to make $$! :nah: Next time must limit children below 10 cannot leave country. :p Wahahahah

diymummy

WAHAHA!

Limit children less than 10 cannot go holiday means mummy and daddy for 10 years also cannot go holiday. LOL.

Don't want bring original birth cert. Scared lost...

autumn82

WAHAHA!

Limit children less than 10 cannot go holiday means mummy and daddy for 10 years also cannot go holiday. LOL.

dont't want bring original birth cert. Scared lost...
Go Sentosa spend hols & let them earn more lohh.. Tat's the motive rite? :p Wahahahah.

Hmm.. Jialatz.. Maybe when I collect Iggy's passport, I bring Belle's there to ask also.. :p

camom

I didn't change my 6yo's passport till tis yr. No choice, cos told by customs to change after our holiday last year. She used the same passport since she was 10 mths old.

diymummy

Autumn, ya, when you collect Iggy's passport just bring down Belle's to check if it's ok. When you collecting? Try to collect it by making an appointment to collect. It's faster. If no appointment, could wait up to 2 hours. That's what my friend faced. I made appointment to collect on a Sat, I only waited 10min.

Camom, thanks! LOL! Glad you can see the similarity. Hahahaha. I think I won't change his passport already. Maybe wait till he's 2?