Newborn baby behaving like an owl.

Pwiincess

babyboy is almost 1mth old. He sleeps soundly in the day. At times, waking up for milk only after 5hrs! But when it comes to night, he is wide awake! Tried to coax, pat & cuddle him til his next feed, hoping he would fall asleep back. But he's awake in less than an hr! Increased his milk so that he wud sleep longer but failed. It has been nights hubby n i slept only 2hrs. Baby kept crying n refuse to sleep. Only til about 10am next morn, then he sleeps soundly. Any methods to share? We tried waking him up this evening to play, hoping he will b more tired at night. Hope it works!

chiro

think he slept too much in the day. Maybe you can try to cut down his sleep in the day gradually by waking him up after sleeping for 2 hours or so?to adjust his timing?
When my son reaches 1 month old, he every hour drink milk for 5 to 15 min, sleep for 5 to 15 or maybe 30 min, wake up again for milk. He can do this from 12 mid night to 9am,sleep all the way until 4 pm .

Pwiincess

our method worked last night. Baby keison only woke up for milk. After his feed, he went back to sleep. But this evening when hubby & i disturbed him, he refused to wake up although we made alot of noises! And now, he is wide awake again, crying everytime i put him back in his bassinet. Guess it would be another sleepless night for us again!

chiro

maybe u can carry him until he is in deep sleep then put him in bassinet?

some mummies shared some techniques of putting baby's arms across his body to let them know they are still being carried (when they are not)

my style is when i put him on our bed, my whole body pressed against him for a while...then gradually move away from him...

cos bbs are light sleepers ..any movement they will wake up...

my son used to sleep in a cot, but as he become more and more alert, we let him sleep wif us...cos he will wake up shortly after i put him in cot

our method worked last night. Baby keison only woke up for milk. After his feed, he went back to sleep. But this evening when hubby & i disturbed him, he refused to wake up although we made alot of noises! And now, he is wide awake again, crying everytime i put him back in his bassinet. Guess it would be another sleepless night for us again!

Foxtrot

my baby was an owl when he's about 1 month old too! in the morning will be very sleepy, and no matter how we wake him, and noise level, he'll nod off to sleep. then at night, no matter how quiet we are, he'll wake up at the slightest sound. and he feeds for a long time so i was literally awake all the while to feed him. longest sleep was only about 1 hr at a stretch. . we try to wake him during the day and at night have less noise that would wake him. then he just slowly got better. so don;t worry, it will be better! and soon!

CanCanMum

for babies who are night owls, i was told this habit cannot be changed until they are older....(not too sure)

becoz i was a Nite Owl baby (my mum said)

u can try waking him up in the daytime, keep naptimes shorter (3-4 hours in total), gonna be difficult but can try~~~

*Hugs*

=>or another way of getting more sleep for yourself is u follow his schedule (only if u r not working lorr)

chiro

gotta slowly adjust their habit n time

when its nite time, tune down the lights.. Lower vol of tv...play soothe music..change them into long pants at regular n consistent time every nite

there was a period of time he will crry at magical hr of 1030pm.. N we will drive him around the estate n he went to ssleep...tis happened twice,,

Babies r demanding n unreasonable.. Dun gif up.. How is ur bb now?