No. 2 - To have or not to have?

Triquetra

For those mummies who have only 1 child, have you ever considered having another one? Or have you already decided to stick to just 1? What factors will you take into consideration?

ling.er

For those mummies who have only 1 child, have you ever considered having another one? Or have you already decided to stick to just 1? What factors will you take into consideration?

:wong19:Maybe i will consider to havr another one in next 2 yr . ^^ I love kids.. As for mi my MAXI is 3 kids .. .. Anyway nature tk course :tlaugh:

apollo

i would want a #2.. if not becos my flat is coming, nd a big amount of cash for reno, i dun mind to have #2 now.. but i think i shall wait for 2 more yrs =)

whitecat

Alpha Male
If it comes, it comes.... deliberate delays will be at certain level of disadvantage as ageing parents. Not mentioning the big age gap in-between siblings. Their understandings towards each other will not be closely link.
Children is the gift-of-life.

Ting

well, currently due to my wedding issues, hv decided to hold on having #2.
would LOVE to hv #2 now, but decided to TTC 2-3 yrs later. :)

adlieyn

I wud love to have no.2 .. and wud like to have a baby boy this time .. My hubby thought that 1 kid is enough . But I don't think so . I just think that having another one would be better . However , I'm glad that he accept my decision .. But I let nature takes it course ..

lekdao

Well. if financially can afford why not. kids wants/needs companion.
My elder gal always look forward friends visiting us coz she got friends to play with. And also at times my gal will want to go to my sis's hse, look for her cousin although the cousin are much more older (age 17 & 18) then her.

TANZHENZHI

Yes, i love kids too and now expecting my #2. My boy now 19months and he likes to play around with other kids. So i think giving him a bro/sis will make his day more occupied. :) I agree if financially allows then i think having more kids is good. When me & hubby grow old, at least the kids also not alone. :Dancing_wub:

Phoebii Cheng

Yes I would love to have #2 too.....now my son is 2yrs old, and we felt tht the age gap is just nice....so hopefully good news soon :tlaugh:

Triquetra

I wouldn't want to have the age gap between dear daughter and her sibling to be too big if I intend to have no 2. I am also worried that if anything happens to me and hubby *choy* she will have no immediate family member.

My ex colleague's parents passed away in an accident but she and her sister were there for each other.

Having a sibling/companion is also good in a way that there's another person who shares your childhood and memories with you. Priceless.

Another thing is education which I feel that having a closer age gap will help you to be more familiar with the subject syllabus, too many years later who knows how much changes are there.

However, hubby doesn't seem keen or think that way because of our environment and our financial situation. However, dear daughter is growing up and I feel more "settled". It's not because I think it's a necessity and I love kids a lot, I just feel that proceeding to the next phrase where I fully focus on both kids instead of going through it again many years later.

Triquetra

I thought of stopping at 1 but I find it quite selfish towards my dear daughter. The only person I can rely on is my own parents and I feel guilty to trouble them.

I decide to stop at 1 in the delivery room . The moment i gave birth , on the spot tell my hubby "no more second one " . In fact my gynae is smiling there when i say that and offer me "preventive" measures when i went for check up after delivery ...

Now six month have passed , having second tots on it . Also my hubby kept to his promise and take care of my BB since she is born . He would want to have the second one as well as he say scare my BB will be lonely next time.

If my health permit , i think i just go for the second one . Now leave it to the fate .

$$$ wise , we are doing ok as we are not huge spenders and housing loan only left about 7 years so should be comfortable after that .

:001_302:

apollo

I decide to stop at 1 in the delivery room . The moment i gave birth , on the spot tell my hubby "no more second one " . In fact my gynae is smiling there when i say that and offer me "preventive" measures when i went for check up after delivery ...

Now six month have passed , having second tots on it . Also my hubby kept to his promise and take care of my baby since she is born . He would want to have the second one as well as he say scare my baby will be lonely next time.

If my health permit , i think i just go for the second one . Now leave it to the fate .

$$$ wise , we are doing ok as we are not huge spenders and housing loan only left about 7 years so should be comfortable after that .

:001_302:
HAHA! i said "no more #2" to my hubby when i suffered from v bad MS. and aft i gave birth (via c-sect), though the wound is painful, but not as 'suffering' as those MS.. so during tt time i slowly change my mind :tlaugh:

lekdao

HAHA! i said "no more #2" to my hubby when i suffered from very bad MS. and after i gave birth (via c-sect), though the wound is painful, but not as 'suffering' as those MS.. so during that time i slowly change my mind :tlaugh:
Same here... after delivered my # 1, gynae joking with us said can plan for #2. immediate replied 'no, 1 is enuff', labor really no joke thou missed the pregnancy (treated as queen) period.
after some thinking, 1 will be very lonely for my gal and decided to go for #2.

huiboonimini

Will love to have no. 2 but afraid that we can't give both the best.

So we r comtemplating =(

i agree to this statement.
I am giving this one and only one the best of everything we can find & afford.

I would think that I have to compromise on #1 so as to have #2, be it financially or quality time etc.

Hence, #2 is still 'on hold' status.

I wish I can get pass this thinking.

PinkDiamonds

Decided to have #2 when DD was around 8-9months old, mainly to provide company for her & also I don't like the idea of having too wide an age gap between my children. Plus if I go back to work, then I may drag #2 even longer & need to "interrupt" my career.

now with #2 & #3 I think after this no more. Scared. lol.

hueychye79

Isaac is 9th months now! Plan to give him another sibling 1 years later.

Although handle the new born is very tired but is fun and enjoy also.

Thank you from my supporting hubby....

xicloudix

me n hubby wants no.2 hopefully its a gal.... in my heart would like no.3 also.. but hubby disagree, he feels that our $$ can only give 2 kid stable life (average/ more than average) so he do not want No.3 , he is afraid not able to give equal love and attention... and not able to give all 3 comfortable life... only can give 2 comfortable life...

His mum has 3 kids, he always feel he is the neglected one so he insist no NO3.... so no one will be neglected...

see how it goes, No. 2 confirm have... no.3... haha

it really depends on you if you are going to have 2 or more children, you should consider if you're able to take care 2 or more kids, if you are able to give them a bright future.. Being responsible is enough to know how many kids you want to have..