no baby smell

hakisumi

hi mummies..

you know..babies got those baby smell 1...
but mine dun have already.. and his head got a kind of -adult sweaty scalp smell- (abit similar to hubby's)ahhahaa :x ..even after shower....

anyone experience this?

autumn82

hi mummies..

you know..babies got those baby smell 1...
but mine dont have already.. and his head got a kind of -adult sweaty scalp smell- (abit similar to hubby's)ahhahaa :x ..even after shower....

anyone experience this?
:err::err: Does he have craddle cap? Coz if have usually the hair would be smelly too.

If not craddle cap, try another shampoo! Iggy pespires alot as well, and he stinks when I was using J&J for him. I changed to Mustela and Pigeon and he smells soo heavenly after it even when he pespires. :p Wahahahah

hakisumi

no.. he dun wear those cap.. LOL

yes yes.. i use the J & J top to toe also..

ok..maybe i go change to Mustela / pigeon..

PIL say he dun smell heavenly... LOLz...

I know what you mean. My daughter also lydat. I was so sad when initially I smell her she got no baby smell and her head so stinky.

But now she got abit baby smell. Dunno izzit bcos breastfeed. Her shower foam I use pigeon fragrance free and shampoo I use kodomo yellow colour shampoo. Now her head smells slightly better.

apollo

last time ds has smelly head/hair so we will use J&J shampoo to wash his head but now okay alrdy.. does ur baby has lotsa head? cos if have lotsa head will sweat easier and will have the sweat smell easier too.. did u apply lotion for him? i apply lotion (last time powder) on ds's neck and armpit, plus ru yi oil aft bathing, to let him smell nice nice.. haha!

autumn82

no.. he dont wear those cap.. LOL

yes yes.. i use the J & J top to toe also..

ok..maybe i go change to Mustela / pigeon..

parent in law say he dont smell heavenly... LOLz...
:err: craddle cap is not to wear darling.. Its like "dandruff or hard scaly skin on the scalp that makes it smelly.. :001_302:

Can try Pigeon 2-in-1 hair & bod wash which is nice smelling, moisturing and cheaper also. So far, Iggy smell good after using despite running around and pespiring.. :tlaugh:

hmm.. my son also no baby smell.. i miss his nb smell..

what do you mummies apply first lotion then powder? is it necessary to apply powder? cos i realised that if apply powder, it will overpower the lotion smell then after awhile the nice smell is gone. is it ok to apply lotion on neck and armpit as well?

thanks!

diymummy

My baby also lost his baby smell. He had cradle cap that time as well as dry skin. So his skin not nice and scalp very smelly.

I was also using J&J then I switched to Seba Med for his sensitive skin. For the cradle cap, I used Dentinox cradle cap shampoo and once healed, I switched to Seba Med children shampoo.

I apply lotion on my baby. But I don't apply powder. I heard that it's not advisable to use powder as it clogs pores.

adelynn

I was just talking to my mummy friends about babies losing their 'baby smell' or that babies nowadays does not have that 'baby smell' as i remembered babies to have many years ago. My friends told me that if you use J&J products, you are halfway to achieving the 'baby smell' but with the advancement of technology and better diapers and formula (which according to them attributes to the baby smell), wala! our babies no longer have that smell.

:)

hakisumi

:err: craddle cap is not to wear darling.. Its like "dandruff or hard scaly skin on the scalp that makes it smelly.. :001_302:

Can try Pigeon 2-in-1 hair & bod wash which is nice smelling, moisturing and cheaper also. So far, Iggy smell good after using despite running around and pespiring.. :tlaugh:
oic..LOlz.. silly me.. tot u ask me he got wear those cap or not...
ahahaa...
he does have alot of hair.... hahaha>.LOlz..
no dandruff nor scaly scalp..

chiro

my son's smelly head was gone after we shaved his head when he was 2 mom is old. Had noticed layers of dead skin on his scalp after shaving him and such smell is no more. The smell is like old man smell like tat haha! My son was born with alot of hair too

Oppsgal

hmm.. my son also no baby smell.. i miss his nb smell..

what do you mummies apply first lotion then powder? is it necessary to apply powder? cos i realised that if apply powder, it will overpower the lotion smell then after awhile the nice smell is gone. is it ok to apply lotion on neck and armpit as well?

thanks!
My baby dont put powder on. Heard talc not good if gone into nose. Only put lotion, but the smell gone after baby crawl about and become sweaty.

hakisumi

My baby dont put powder on. Heard talc not good if gone into nose. Only put lotion, but the smell gone after baby crawl about and become sweaty.
i also only apply lotion the J & J pink color 1..not very lasting smell for my son.. lol..
nvr apply powder from day 1.. ehhehe.. in hospital missy say no need...

chiro

thought j and j baby lotion got cancer causing agent?
i also only apply lotion the J & J pink color 1..not very lasting smell for my son.. lol..
never apply powder from day 1.. ehhehe.. in hospital missy say no need...

CanCanMum

yup craddle cap mebbe part of reason for the cause of the smelly scalp

my baber smells so baby still lehhhh (now) i always say he got baby smell:wong19:

tat kodomo powder oso plays a part in keeping him smell like a baby~~~

newbie2009

must cradle cap be hard and scally? I noticed that my baby has like a layer of yellow skin or something on his scalp. Is it because of the shampoo we used? or that we did not clean his head properly? Pls advise how should we get rid of it?

CanCanMum

must cradle cap be hard and scally? I noticed that my baby has like a layer of yellow skin or something on his scalp. Is it because of the shampoo we used? or that we did not clean his head properly? Pls advise how should we get rid of it?
i think there are shampoo for cradle cap......

last time the aunties told me to use olive oil to rub off those yellow skins....but baber cried coz i think its painful

i used pigeon baby oil to rub off those yellow skins, quite ok. After tat did not come back anymore.