Not gaining enough weight

Flora_84

Hi,

I am about 4 and a half months pregnant. I have only gained less than 1 kg so far. My Gynae has assured me that this is fine and that my baby is growing well so there is nothing to worry about .But it still worries me a little as some pregnancy books and websites emphasize on the importance of weight gain. Is this normal and is it possible to gain weight in the coming weeks?

sugarcookie

No worries! As long as your baby is growing well, there isn't a problem. And the weight gain WILL come! I didn't gain much in the first 4 months but once I hit my 5th month, I started gaining like crazy.

Eat well, don't diet, and everything will be fine.

Cheyenne

Hi Flora,
Not to worry, me too, didn't gain much even at 21 weeks now. Still wearing my usual working pants (my colleagues also can't believe me). Now in the middle stage, too small for regular clothes, and yet too small for materity clothes.

Also not much appetite, hence not eating much for regular meals. But, once I feel like eating (usually junk food eg. chips, ice cream and root beer), I will just let go and enjoy it.

Catty

I'm in my 21 weeks still not having any good appeite, my DH will keep on asking "you eat so little enough meh?" but sat just went for my detail scan, can see my weight and my baby weight still gain and totally not affected by my small appetite, my gynae also never mention of my weight so should be fine ..

dodos

No worries! As long as your baby is growing well, there isn't a problem. And the weight gain WILL come! I didn't gain much in the first 4 months but once I hit my 5th month, I started gaining like crazy.

Eat well, don't diet, and everything will be fine.

Ya me too. Now don't dare to see the weighing machine liao.

jojoki

me 32 weeks now.. so far gained only 4kgs, out of that 1.6 belongs to baby and at least 0.5kg is placenta, amniotic fluid,etc.... sumore doc say bb a bit biggish???!

dodos

me 32 weeks now.. so far gained only 4kgs, out of that 1.6 belongs to baby and at least 0.5kg is placenta, amniotic fluid,etc.... sumore doc say bb a bit biggish???!
Wah! Congrats! You will loose all of it right after delivery, nothing left no extra. Envy evny....

not to worry if not gaining much weight bah..
for me, nv gain any weight up till the 5th month..
until recently when i went for my 6th mth checkup,
ballon up alot.. gain 5kg..

adv_sports

yup, same here.

there is no visible weight gain(ard 1 kg for 1st 4-5mth) due to morning sickness but my baby is growing well. then sudden weight gain started to head north from 5mth onwards -- m 23-week now and total weight gain is 5kg!

raeka

Is ok one no worried,
I also did not gain weight somemore i was underweight when i was 3month preggie but my gynae say ok so long ur baby is gaining weight. in my whole 9month 2weeks preggie i was gain only 5-6kg.my boy is grwing well. .

Yuki Miaka

Hi,

I am about 4 and a half months pregnant. I have only gained less than 1 kg so far. My Gynae has assured me that this is fine and that my baby is growing well so there is nothing to worry about .But it still worries me a little as some pregnancy books and websites emphasize on the importance of weight gain. Is this normal and is it possible to gain weight in the coming weeks?

not to worry ... like others said, as long as doc assured you that bb is growng well...that will be ok le.

i am in my 35weeks of pregnancy already , my baby is 2.2kg now.. and in total i am onli gaining 1.9kg throughout the whole pregnancy... meaning.. my baby gain weight and i lose weight for about 300g.

So far my gynae didnt say anything wrong with my losing weight and he said baby is growing well and she is now in a very good position, easy to deliver.

pmiumiu

i'm 4 mths now and my weight is still fluctuating. so far i gained abt 1-1.5kg. but the weight keeps gng up and down plus/minus 1kg :s my gynae (Male) veri bad one.. ask me to keep weight constant so as not to become too fat

not to worry ... like others said, as long as doc assured you that bb is growng well...that will be ok le.

i am in my 35weeks of pregnancy already , my baby is 2.2kg now.. and in total i am onli gaining 1.9kg throughout the whole pregnancy... meaning.. my baby gain weight and i lose weight for about 300g.

So far my gynae didnt say anything wrong with my losing weight and he said baby is growing well and she is now in a very good position, easy to deliver.
wow yuki miaka...u only gained 1.9kg:elvis:
am now in my 4th month, already gained like 4kgs...1kg a month :shyxxx:

Yuki Miaka

wow yuki miaka...u only gained 1.9kg:elvis:
am now in my 4th month, already gained like 4kgs...1kg a month :shyxxx:

lol yah.. somemore that 1.9kg is all baby's weight..because baby is 2.2kg, the remaining 300g, she suck my nutrient from me i think... my frn also tell me hardly hearing ppl losing weight during the whole pregnancy. -.-"

Yuki Miaka

hehehe went check up yesterday, good news...i finally gain 100g weight.. and baby's weight is now 2.7kg.. thanks to durian.

My hubby has been worrying why bb onli 2.2kg at her 35weeks... told him normal liao he still worry... haiz. now 2.7kg liao (37weeks) at least he will not force me to eat anymore durian liao hehee..

January84

hi yuki... my DS weight was 2.39kg when he was born, perfectly healthy! if they are growing well, weight does not matter cos they will put on after that.