Nuh anyone??

pixie

I delivered my girl by Prof Rauff last June and I am pleased with her team. They are very caring and professional and that alone gave me absolute comfortable to remain with Mary Rauff even though she is always busy (and in my routine visit, I had to wait 2-3 hours).

My hospitalisation bill (from normal birth but led to emergency c-section+ Epidural) came up to be <$10k (of which we forked out <$4k in for 4-day stayed and in 1-bedder. I took up the antenatal package as well.

Should I be so blessed to conceive again, I will still choose NUH and will want Prof Rauff to be my gynae.

Last edited:

pixie

I stayed for 4 days and can attest that the food (in terms of presentation and taste) served in the Ward is far better than many other hospitals. In the monrning, you will be presented with a menu and you choose what you want to eat. I chose asian food for lunch and western one for dinner (and vice versa). None of the asian or western food contain any ginger - I suppose cos the hospital is encouraging the mother to breastfeed, so no ginger is added in the meals.

On the 2nd day of my stay, a candlelight dinner was served (again, you chose from the menu). My spouse was pleased with such arrangement. When we were having our dinner, the nurse came in and brought the baby back to the nursery so that husband and I can spend some quality time together in the room.

I always finished all the food that's served to me as they are so palatable! :)

Last edited:

xuezhen09

oh.. candlelight dinner.. oooo.. so sweet of NUH..
but i believe that tts for 1 bedded ward..

but wat would they provide for u to bring hm.. like diapers and others??

oh, is it true that if you dun have enough cash to pay upon discharge, you can pay by installment or must pay in full before they let you discharge??

leecheng

I have the same good views as Pixie on the food and presentation, on nice trendy bowls and plates too. Even the caterer servicing staffs are dressed very nicely, like restaurant waitresses. :)

We also tried the candle light dinner. Nice! :)

leecheng

As for gifts to bring home, I brought back the extra unused diapers in my baby basket and they gave me gift pack which included sponsors gifts like baby magazines, sample baby lotion, shampoo, body wash (J&J as well as Kodomo), pamplets with a few diapers samples (I had dryers, mummy poko and pampers before in different years' gift pack), discount coupons, etc. I suppose the gift packs will differ year on year with different sponsors.

zaclin29

I also feel the list NUH provided is not extensive enough.. I got below from another girl in the forum...
The hospital list for Parkway East, Mount E and Gleneagles.

For Mother:
1. Your birth plan
2. Two sets of outfits (preferably with front openings for breastfeeding)
3. Disposable panties
4. Toiletries (thou the hospital will provide a basic toiletries pack)
5. Nursing bra
6. Maternity pads
7. Slippers
8. Marriage Cert
9. ID / Passport
10. Letter from your doctor, laboratory (if any)
11. Cord blood collection kit (if any)
12. documents to claim for Medisave
13. Bath Towel
14. Cardigan
15. Mobile Phone & Charger
16. Camera
17. Nipple Cream
18. Breast Pads
19. Spectacles
20. Chicken Essence
21. Nursing Pillow
22. Headband

For baby:
1. Receiving blanket / baby blanket
2. Baby mittens and booties
3. Baby hat
4. One outfit for the trip home (All-in-one stretchy outfits are best)

On top of that, pack a bag for your hubby too.. including snacks, change of clothes, magazines, camera, list of people to call and some toiletries to freshen up!

Hope this help!=)

Last edited:

xuezhen09

Thank u :)

The list tt NUH gave was really vague.. Even my hubby thinks tt it's not enough.. When shld I start packing the bag?? I m currently at my 33rd week..

tealeaf

I prefer to pack slowly at early time (like week 30 onwards). At least be prepared in case of emergency. Also if I forget something, I can add that into the bag. hehehe

xuezhen09

I was wondering if NUH is similar to TMC in terms of charging xtra 50% if u were to deliver on weekends???

Anyone gt an and for this??