Nursing Pads & Maternity Pads

Nutzabelle

Hi there,

I'm a mtb, EDD end of jan nxt yr. Starting to scout for my essentials, nursing and maternity pads, and prepare for d day. Any idea which brand is gd, affordable and where at?

Thanks!

gumbokins

Personally, for maternity pads, i just buy those Extra long pads for night use, no need to get special maternity pads.

i also bought big packets of extra long night pads.
as for nursing pads, i bought boxes of disposable ones from the brand tollyjoy as well as washable ones from spring maternity.

ast0212

For nursing pads I mostly used baby face washers folded up and stuffed into my nursing bra.. for going out I used disposable (otherwise my boobs will looks like squares).

chjean

thanks! this thread reminded me to buy the sanitary pads and disposable panties.. better remember to get those later..

lyra

My breasts leak milk heavily n I tried tollyjoy, NUK and Pigeon brands of disposable breast pads. So far, I find NUK the best. More absorbent n won't drop.

For pads, I use overnights pads for heavy days but the lochia lasted more than a month n prolong wearing of pads gave me rashes, which goes away after I use my baby's nappy rash cream. Lol! I switch to using more breathable light days pads n it's much better. No rashes. I used pureen maternity pads but I dun think it's better than normal pads.

Vivic

I used Pureen Madamme sanitary pad.I find this very good, long enough.for nursing br, Iused lucky baby disposable pad.

magdalenechoo

photo (10).jpg

****Maternity High Waist Disposable Panties with Cotton Crotch****
High Quality Disposable Wear
Comfortable fit
Size : 56"
Colour : Floral pattern
Suitable during pregnancy and postnatal
Packing : 7 pieces

i have 3packs unopened and 5pcs loose.
letting go at $5/pack or take all at $18.
**selling becos sizezs are too big for me**
Suitable for XL to XXXL sizes

PM me for fast deal :)

Rukia

I saw that kotex has two types of maternity pad; one type is looped the other is adhesive. What is the difference? Is kotex maternity pad good? Usually how many must we buy and how long will the period last after childbirth?

magdalenechoo

I saw that kotex has two types of maternity pad; one type is looped the other is adhesive. What is the difference? Is kotex maternity pad good? Usually how many must we buy and how long will the period last after childbirth?
looped one is the type that can be tied to the waistline, this is usually used after childbirth as we will not be wearing our panties after that....
both are of high absorbency. depending on which hospital u chose. mine was Mt A and they provided me with 1 pack.

as for 'period', so called the postpartum bleeding, the duration vary for individuals.
see Postpartum: Normal bleeding and discharge (lochia) | BabyCenter for more details.
hope the above helps :)

Rukia

looped one is the type that can be tied to the waistline, this is usually used after childbirth as we will not be wearing our panties after that....
both are of high absorbency. depending on which hospital u chose. mine was Mt A and they provided me with 1 pack.

as for 'period', so called the postpartum bleeding, the duration vary for individuals.
see Postpartum: Normal bleeding and discharge (lochia) | BabyCenter for more details.
You mean after birth we cannot wear panties? How come? I bought alot of disposable panties....

magdalenechoo

mine was a c-section and after birth they will insert the catheter and we will be bed-bound until they remove the drip + catheter then we can get off the bed to walk... not sure for natural delivery though :)

You mean after birth we cannot wear panties? How come? I bought alot of disposable panties....
I think can. Kandang Kerbau Hospital provides adhesive maternity pads now, and i think there is no way you can use those adhesive pads if you dont't wear panties. i'm going to buy adhesive type of maternity pads too cos easier to use. i dont't know how to tie the loop types.

DiyanAkmal

Hi, i have a couple of adhesive maternity Kotex pads for sale... Bought alot when i gave birth to my dd last year... I also have the cooling maternity pad which comes with a cooling gel, extremely good for the first 3 days after delivery..bought thosefrom kkh... Pls sms or whatsapp me at 82880203 for fast deal.. Too many baby items to let go... Deal at amk or yshn.. :)

katsg

Hi,

I've bought the LOOP type from KOTEX. Can I know how to tie it to the waistline ah? Does it have any adhesive below?

magdalenechoo

Hi,

I've bought the LOOP type from KOTEX. Can I know how to tie it to the waistline ah? Does it have any adhesive below?
totally no
adhesive part thats why it comes with string (loop) to be tied around waist.
dnt worry if u dnt know how to tie, actually the nurse in the ward needs to tie it for u every few hours...

katsg

totally no
adhesive part thats why it comes with string (loop) to be tied around waist.
dnt worry if u dnt know how to tie, actually the nurse in the ward needs to tie it for u every few hours...
So you meant a string is provided with every pad to tie it to our waistline? After that still need to wear a panty?

miracle25

where can I get Kotex maternity pad? I bought 1 pack of from Watsons, free size, to try out first before I stock up for confinement (now I'm 31 weeks).. and I dun recommend tat although it's comfortable and soft... its not 100% cotton (cloth type).. after wearing for one whole day, the wool stuck onto my black pants and torn (at the front).. maybe I'm too 'violent' pulling up and down the panty.. haha..

I think I'll pay more to get those cloth type.. slightly more ex but dun have all these issues...