Nursing Pads & Maternity Pads

Rukia

where can I get Kotex maternity pad? I bought 1 pack of from Watsons, free size, to try out first before I stock up for confinement (now I'm 31 weeks).. and I dun recommend tat although it's comfortable and soft... its not 100% cotton (cloth type).. after wearing for one whole day, the wool stuck onto my black pants and torn (at the front).. maybe I'm too 'violent' pulling up and down the panty.. haha..

I think I'll pay more to get those cloth type.. slightly more ex but dun have all these issues...
I think its better to get the cotton disposable panties. Those non cotton ones tears quite easily in my opinion.

Sorry first time mom here
may i check how long will we bleed after delivery?
how many pack of maternity pad and breast pad do we need?
(At least for the first month, dont want to bother my husband go buy such item for me hahahaha)

Hi all, same as Steffy I would like to more about this.

1. Breast pads= Nursing pads right?
2. How many breast pads do I need to buy for 1 month confinement?
3. As for maternity pads we cannot use those when we have our regular monthly periods? Ie there is such thing called maternity pads meant just for after childbirth is it?
4. How many maternity pads do we need to buy for one month confinement?
5. Does NTUC sell the maternity pads(KOTEX), disposable breast pads, and cotton disposable panties?
6. For disposable panties, how many do I need to buy for one month confinement?

miracle25

Re: Nursing Pads & Maternity Pads

3. As for maternity pads we cannot use those when we have our regular monthly periods? Ie there is such thing called maternity pads meant just for after childbirth is it?
5. Does NTUC sell the maternity pads(KOTEX), disposable breast pads, and cotton disposable panties?
hi cherrycheery and Steffy,

1. Yes, Breast pads= Nursing pads

2. For me, I didnt buy any as my colleague gave me 4 unopened boxes from Pigeon. In the end, I only used 3 pairs. It depends on whether your milk will leak or not. My suggestion is maybe you buy one box first to standby.

3. After delivery, hospital will use their maternity pads (they will stick 2 pads overlapping each other) and on my 2nd day, I used my own maternity pads (adhesive type as the loop type too troublesome). I was discharged on the
4th day and when I return home, my 1st day I still use maternity pad.. as I notice the bleeding got lesser, I changed to the normal sanitary pads. Maternity pads are thicker and can absorb more blood (I think so).

4. I only bought one pack of maternity pad (Kotex adhesive type) and a Sofy sanitary pad (41cm) but in the end I didnt use this Sofy one I use my normal 27cm Laurier Night Use. However, if yours is a C-sect, it will be different.

5. Yes, you can get all these at NTUC.

6. Disposable panties I got them from Watsons (though the quality not tat good, but since I dispose everyday, it doesnt realy bother me). As I did my confinement at my in law hse, I use disposable panties everyday (no need to wash). So in total I used about 7 packs.

Tannie

I had jus delivered last Sunday, will answer u base on my experience, I guess diff ppl has diff Sanrio.
I got one box of breast pad but till now have not use one. Breast milk dun kick in so fast for most of us, hence u dun need it till ur milk supply is steady... I suggest get smallest pack, what I gathered is most ppl did not use it after buying.

Yes, the maternity pad is specially for after birth. It is thicker and more absorbant. It is cotton surface for comfort. My friend said it is also to prevent the stitches got hooked by those netted sanitary pad.

U need to bring maternity pad to hospital, in case u used up the pack they provide u. Different ppl bleed diff amount, the bleed also depend on ur method of birth... Maybe u can stock up 2 pack, one to bring to hospital n the other one keep at home.

Yes, ntuc sell Kotex maternity pad, get the self adhesive type. Ntuc also sell breast pad n disposable panties.

Y do u need one month supply of disposable panties? U only need one pack to bring to hospital, after discharge, u can use back ur normal panty. In fact I din use any disposable panty in hospital cause TMC disposable panty is very good.

Pinkybabe

Dear mummies, if you are looking for reliable, cost-effective and user-friendly breastmilk storage bags, I would strongly recomment Nanny Breastmilk Storage Bags. Check out their FB : Like at Food for Totz | Facebook or friend at Foodfortotz Elaine | Facebook and receive a Gift Pack worth $5.00 for first-time customers only :

Boo Cai Ling Have been ordering Nanny milk bags from Elaine and it has been really good! I like the fact that it's thick and has double zip. I think I have probably ordered more than 50 boxes of milk bags from her and at my peak, I had 2 freezers full of milk in Nanny milk bags! Anyway, highly recommended and really fast and efficient service from Elaine who has never failed me.
May 7 at 1:51pm · Like · 3

cyberie

hi cherrycheery and Steffy,

1. Yes, Breast pads= Nursing pads

2. For me, I didnt buy any as my colleague gave me 4 unopened boxes from Pigeon. In the end, I only used 3 pairs. It depends on whether your milk will leak or not. My suggestion is maybe you buy one box first to standby.

3. After delivery, hospital will use their maternity pads (they will stick 2 pads overlapping each other) and on my 2nd day, I used my own maternity pads (adhesive type as the loop type too troublesome). I was discharged on the
4th day and when I return home, my 1st day I still use maternity pad.. as I notice the bleeding got lesser, I changed to the normal sanitary pads. Maternity pads are thicker and can absorb more blood (I think so).

4. I only bought one pack of maternity pad (Kotex adhesive type) and a Sofy sanitary pad (41cm) but in the end I didnt use this Sofy one I use my normal 27cm Laurier Night Use. However, if yours is a C-sect, it will be different.

5. Yes, you can get all these at NTUC.

6. Disposable panties I got them from Watsons (though the quality not tat good, but since I dispose everyday, it doesnt realy bother me). As I did my confinement at my in law hse, I use disposable panties everyday (no need to wash). So in total I used about 7 packs.
y is c-sec different for the needs on maternity pad? will the bleeding be worse??

B zhai

I bought the adhesive kotex maternity pads. 2 packets to stock up for initial stage. Got it from shop and save @ $6.30, inside has 10pcs. 2 packets of disposable underwear total 12pcs. If not enough, I can ask my hubby or mil to buy for me lo. Haha!

mangobees

For normal delivery because you tear or have episiotomy, i find maternity pads help cushion the wound too cos the pads are thick. Kotex maternity pads have the best material. :)

wxw001

Where did u buy the disposable panties? Need to buy some before I due.

View attachment 70434

****Maternity High Waist Disposable Panties with Cotton Crotch****
High Quality Disposable Wear
Comfortable fit
Size : 56"
Colour : Floral pattern
Suitable during pregnancy and postnatal
Packing : 7 pieces

i have 3packs unopened and 5pcs loose.
letting go at $5/pack or take all at $18.
**selling becos sizezs are too big for me**
Suitable for XL to XXXL sizes

PM me for fast deal :)