OCBC Mighty Savers

happygolucky

I save in UOB for the kids under their own name. I put all their angpow money there and if they have savings from their pocket money.

CanCanMum

do they have minimum amt to set aside? Any initial deposit needed?

i like this coz no min amt no service fee and no initial deposit...means $1 oso can deposit.....

happygolucky

I cannot remember whether they have minimum amount. The first deposit was their angpow from their 1st month birthday and continue until today. If no minimum deposit then OCBC is better.

Catty

My 2nd DD i open POSB for her, just $1 deposit will do..

Thought of changing to OCBC saving account for her as i find POSB & DBS is not that good anymore, even my POSB account i also seldom use already, now i mostly use either UOB or OCBC..

LoVeS

i tink their freebies r gd enuff to attract kids to save up more~:tlaugh: Got open an a/c for my ds~

ya.. posb interest is very lo... they gave me $28 interest for 2008.... i dont think i will open posb or dbs account for my baby...

ocbc gives lots of freebies but is it really useful?

wenz

hmmm my son owns an OCBC Mightly Saver account, no initial deposit required to open the account, after u open for him/her den u can slowly dep money inside... no need to maintain min amt also.. so far my son saved most of his pocket money there... he got around $100+ inside...
i find it gd to let him got the habit to save his extra pocket money inside...

i dun contribute for him cos i wan him to save by his own and when he grows up he wun anyhow spend tat money cos it's all his own pocket money which he save for so long...

elmo493

I opened a ocbc mighty saver a/c for him when he is 1yr old. (got a free watch on his birthday month)
I saved all his shower month, new year and 1yr birthday ang bao for him.
So next time he can use the money to get things he likes.
This might help him to watch his budget in future.

CanCanMum

ok ok so its good hor....but i got lots of coins leh....so far only yishun northpoint OCBC has an auto coin deposit machine....

u all know where else have???

how do we deposit the $ for them?

CanCanMum

oso hor....does it means the $ must only be taken out when he reaches 21 years old?

what if we need to close the account prematurely?

Did the bank pple tell u?

i will go open tomolo at shenton way branch coz 4got to bring bb birth cert.

CanCanMum

yeah!

i went to open today!

Freebies :

1) very cutie bank book

2) bracelet

3) ang pao

4) new year deco

5) stickers and card

and account will auto switch to normal passbook savings when kid reaches 15 years old.

heeeee

canx terminate or take $$ out. No need initial $$ to start one account.

july-winter

ok ok so its good hor....but i got lots of coins leh....so far only yishun northpoint OCBC has an auto coin deposit machine....

CanCan Mum,
u mean that Yishun NorthPoint OCBC got auto coin deposit machine? any coin deposit charges for depositing? i have been searching for coin deposit machine to deposit the coin(quite a lot) in ocbc mighty saver. (did not know that ocbc got that too. i thought only dbs have this :err:)

lisa_ng

i opened a ocbc mighty savers account for my girl during their road show promo.

got a free lunch box, 2 night lights and many other free gift with min. deposit.

i was given a card and stickers.
this to encourage the little one to save money.
every $20 saved and deposit into account will have a mystery gift.
i understand cannot withdraw for the first 3mos in order to be entitled.

mighty saver have their own queue and teller.
so should faster than the usual queue.

not quite sure if have to maintain $500. i heard from my friend don't have to for ocbc.
went to uob and was told need to maintain $500 even for kids account.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
My gal has this acct too... sometime back.... got other gifts...
Ends up we the parents deposit $$ for her... see whichever Sunday free... bring her there to deposit the lump sum....
No mystery gift lah... tat's only for 1st sign-up....they just give u a new card.... feel like kena cheated leh :p
Supposedly got own Q.... but always no ppl to attend... cos' all bz with the other counters... once we were 1st in Q... Q until behind me got a few parents... stil no one attend to us... then I see some join the normal Q....also move faster then us... I fed up... went up to one of the bank rep....ASK VERY LOUDLY for service... then managed to get someone to go behind the counter.
So now, once in a while they go Q up n deposit.... waste my time only :p

i opened a ocbc mighty savers account for my girl during their road show promo.

got a free lunch box, 2 night lights and many other free gift with min. deposit.

i was given a card and stickers.
this to encourage the little one to save money.
every $20 saved and deposit into account will have a mystery gift.
i understand cannot withdraw for the first 3mos in order to be entitled.

mighty saver have their own queue and teller.
so should faster than the usual queue.

not quite sure if have to maintain $500. i heard from my friend don't have to for ocbc.
went to uob and was told need to maintain $500 even for kids account.

lisa_ng

My gal has this acct too... sometime back.... got other gifts...
Ends up we the parents deposit $$ for her... see whichever Sunday free... bring her there to deposit the lump sum....
No mystery gift lah... tat's only for 1st sign-up....they just give u a new card.... feel like kena cheated leh :p
Supposedly got own Q.... but always no ppl to attend... cos' all bz with the other counters... once we were 1st in Q... Q until behind me got a few parents... stil no one attend to us... then I see some join the normal Q....also move faster then us... I fed up... went up to one of the bank rep....ASK VERY LOUDLY for service... then managed to get someone to go behind the counter.
So now, once in a while they go Q up n deposit.... waste my time only :p

so bad de??
i actually prefer uob de. my side here tat outlet no queue de.
ai yo attracted by the free gifts.

i saw the girl in front use the card to bank in money and got a badge.
but har not interesting to me lah. moreover the teller like ask so much.
don't know is it so reluctant to give.

those free gift i've got i also have to ask for it de.
after that then they ask how much i'm going to deposit when we open acc.
since they advertise all those free gift with min deposit they should promote or ask.
took us few hours to join the q for opening acc then to the teller to deposit.

did i make the wrong choice for not choosing uob over the free gifts?? :001_302:

BudgetMum

CanCan Mum,
u mean that Yishun NorthPoint OCBC got auto coin deposit machine? any coin deposit charges for depositing? i have been searching for coin deposit machine to deposit the coin(quite a lot) in ocbc mighty saver. (did not know that ocbc got that too. i thought only dbs have this :err:)
I dun recommend saving coins in the bank as they charge a fee for a x no of pc of coin deposit. Also i dun think they accept coins everyday, gotta check with the bank b4 u go.

i think its worth to spend a little more time to count the coins on our own & change with some merchants eg pawn shop, hawkers, etc.

for me i use the coins for my elder pocket $$ when she enter pri sch.