Overweight BF baby

TeenyWeeny

Hi
My baby Chloe is on her 11th week and she already weight 7.8kg. I'm rather worried for her as I worry that it may hinder her developement. She is on total breastfeeding. Anyone wif this problem to share?:wong19:

isabelandrew

Hi
My baby Chloe is on her 11th week and she already weight 7.8kg. I'm rather worried for her as I worry that it may hinder her developement. She is on total breastfeeding. Anyone with this problem to share?:wong19:
hi there, well done :) I don;t think BF babies can ever be over-weight. the content of it is so natural and in the long run - BF bb dun get obese.

what is her birth weight? normal for bb to double their weight within 3 mths. also was chloe born a 'big' bb?

if ur PD is okay, be happy :)

sherz4628

hi there, well done :) I dont;t think BF babies can ever be over-weight. the content of it is so natural and in the long run - BF baby dont get obese.

what is her birth weight? normal for baby to double their weight within 3 mths. also was chloe born a 'big' baby?

if your pediatrician is okay, be happy :)
It is actually possible for breastfeed baby to be overweight. My baby 5 weeks old already 5.5kg. Pediatrican says she already overweight. Was born 3.48kg...

What to do..she keeps wanting to drink...

TANZHENZHI

wow baby chloe is really a big girl. Good job. When you bring her for check up the doctor never say anything?

beerbelly

Hi
My baby Chloe is on her 11th week and she already weight 7.8kg. I'm rather worried for her as I worry that it may hinder her developement. She is on total breastfeeding. Anyone with this problem to share?:wong19:
hi!

is chloe's weight/height/head circumference within the same percentile? if so, then she is proportionate.
my boy has always been in the 97th percentile, and he has been totally breastfed, direct latch on since birth. he is 7mths 2wks now, and is slowly leaning out, as he is very active, crawling, rolling and flipping etc.

my boy was 8kg at 3mths, 10.1kg at 7mths.....he is big...and i do sometimes worry/feel bad/defensive when people comment or appear shocked at his size/age, so i know how you feel. but do not let this jeopardize the wonderful job you are doing of breastfeeding chloe. if a doctor suggests lessening chloe's breastmilk intake, seek a second opinion from a pro-breastfeeding doctor.

my pediatrician says breastfeed baby won't be overweight.. my boy's weight is always 97th percentile.. he put on 1-1.5kg every month.. now he weigh 11.5kg.. though his weight gain should slow down by now my doctor still say not to worry and ask me to continue breastfeeding. sometimes genes plays a part, me and hubby abit taller than average so it's not surprising our boy bigger than average too.

allycat

So envious of those weights!!! Quan is almost fully breastfed and he is only 6.8 kg at 5 months old.

jojoki

mine was overweight too but i think no worries la. whn she was around 13 mths she stopped putting on weight.. but now at 16 mths is 13 kg.

TeenyWeeny

Hi all
Sorry for late reply. Chloe birth weight was 3.205. Last week just bought her for vaccination luckily her weight did not increase much (7.880kg). Weight 97%, head and length 75%. Doc say she is rather overweight, just need to monitor for next few mth. Chloe is on her 13th week, I'm just worried abt her lifting her head and also unable to flip due to her weight.
Overall she is a very happy baby, laugh when we talk to her. Her elder sister was not as big. She is 23mth weight 12kg.