Pain in bone joints after birth

littlerat

I am on 4th day after delivery and even before that, during gestation 36 weeks onwards, I feel that my finger bone joints are in pain, something like rheumatism. After delivery now, the pain is still there.
Any one experience this before?

Porukadotzu

I am on 4th day after delivery and even before that, during gestation 36 weeks onwards, I feel that my finger bone joints are in pain, something like rheumatism. After delivery now, the pain is still there.
hi, i have the same exact pain like you.. i thought only me.

i got it few weeks after delivery my finger starts to feel bit numbs, i thought coz of the manual breast pump? now my left hand fingers joint feel like rheumatism, specially in the morning, i felt very stiff. sumtimes if bb cry and i woke up suddenly but feel quite pain when i tried to lift the baby up.

sumtime i can feel the pain running up to my left wrist also.

as for my right hand, still feel the numbness on all my 5 fingers.. i tink i almost loose the sense to feel with my fingers too.. so upset about this..

hmm wonder why.. i'm thinking to go to get accupuncture..but dunno where the good one..

Porukadotzu

hi, i have the same exact pain like you.. i thought only me.

i got it few weeks after delivery my finger starts to feel bit numbs, i thought coz of the manual breast pump? now my left hand fingers joint feel like rheumatism, specially in the morning, i felt very stiff. sumtimes if bb cry and i woke up suddenly but feel quite pain when i tried to lift the baby up.

sumtime i can feel the pain running up to my left wrist also.

as for my right hand, still feel the numbness on all my 5 fingers.. i tink i almost loose the sense to feel with my fingers too.. so upset about this..

hmm wonder why.. i'm thinking to go to get accupuncture..but dunno where the good one..

littlerat

2 mths?? That's very long. Wah if I have to pain for long, dunno if I can endure or not. Did you have a normal delivery?

don't worry it won't last. i was very achy in the weeks after giving birth too but now after 3 mths i'm ard 85% good. except my left knee still quite weak but tt's about it.

you should take care to rest properly & well as you need your energy for bb.

Porukadotzu

2 mths?? That's very long. Wah if I have to pain for long, dunno if I can endure or not. Did you have a normal delivery?
yea i hv normal delivery, is tat gotta do with this?

yea, i also tink its been too long and still hv this numbness feeling.. very upseting.

sumtime i can not how warm the milk bottle, i hv to put on my cheek then i can feel.:embarrassed:

Porukadotzu

don't worry it won't last. i was very achy in the weeks after giving birth too but now after 3 mths i'm ard 85% good. except my left knee still quite weak but tt's about it.

you should take care to rest properly & well as you need your energy for bb.
ya? i hope it won't last too..

maybe coz during confinement i keep washing the milk bottle and the pump even at night time.. no choice...:embarrassed:

littlerat

yea i hv normal delivery, is tat gotta do with this?

yea, i also tink its been too long and still hv this numbness feeling.. very upseting.

sumtime i can not how warm the milk bottle, i hv to put on my cheek then i can feel.:embarrassed:
dunno whether related but at least know that I am same with yours, same normal delivery and same pain ... haizzz ... now I am on Panadol to relieve some pain.

mooners

Hi, may i join in? Not to worry as it will not last long. I have got it also and last for about 6mths. I don't take pain killer. I only take calcium tablets and it helps after 2 mths. I think is due to too much blood lost giving birth. Now my problem is my hair loss. Going botak soon.

SH74

i think some ppl take longer time to get rid, some ok.

for me, ok la. no more such pains aft 1+months.

but recently, every morning, step on floor, feet feel a bit tight n pain. dunno y. but walk a bit, ok alr.

jojoki

i'm in my fifth month and my right hands have been getting numbs.. esp at night it can be really jialat. in the morning when i wake up i cant even lift my tooth brush. I m very worried if it will get worse as i progress in my pregnancy... but i tot after birth will go away....

Porukadotzu

i'm in my fifth month and my right hands have been getting numbs.. esp at night it can be really jialat. in the morning when i wake up i cant even lift my tooth brush. I m very worried if it will get worse as i progress in my pregnancy... but i tot after birth will go away....
hi,

your whole hands or your palms? mine the fingers..

i'm now taking my calcium tablets again..

trulyjava

That is why a good post natal massage will be useful. the hot herbal oil will prevent the wind form entering the body to get this kind of aches. Get your self a hot oil for massage it helps, but remember do not get wet at least 4 hours after the hot rub. It is bad..

tracyk

I think it happens to everyone . Did your have an epidural? For me after my first child also always got this problem. But after my mum in law ask me to drink Huiji, and after taking it my joints are not so numb and the pain subside after taking one bottle. Maybe your can try it out as well.

pearly

To Porukadotzu: Numbness in the fingers or pain running down the arm could be caused by misalignment of the spine. One's spine can sometimes become misaligned when one is carrying heavy loads. In your case, it could have been caused by the weight of your baby in you. This in turn could result in the compression of the nerves running in and out of the spinal cord, causing the sensation of numbness or pain in any part of the body. I suggest that you have your problem diagnosed by a qualified chiropractor.

Porukadotzu

To Porukadotzu: Numbness in the fingers or pain running down the arm could be caused by misalignment of the spine. One's spine can sometimes become misaligned when one is carrying heavy loads. In your case, it could have been caused by the weight of your baby in you. This in turn could result in the compression of the nerves running in and out of the spinal cord, causing the sensation of numbness or pain in any part of the body. I suggest that you have your problem diagnosed by a qualified chiropractor.
i see... yea i should see one.

coz i'm taking care of bb and do the laundry too.. so it could be..

now my righthand fingers not so numb... but my left hand finger always feel stiff every morning.