Pain on left and right side of lower abdomen

AngieTan

Hi all mummies,

I am new here and have just entered into 3rd tri yesterday... Around night time yesterday, I experienced pain on both sides of my lower abdomen... Sharp, stabbing pain... It comes and goes... The pain made it hard for me to walk so I decided to rest early...

It lasted the whole night and I couldn't really sleep... The moment I opened my eyes, the pain is there... This morning and now, it's still there... I noticed that the right side of my tummy will become rock hard at times and then it was really painful for a while then it's gone... :07:

I read about Braxton Hicks and that they shouldn't be painful? Also read about Round Ligament Pain which should be pretty brief but mine lasted like so long? So, I am really not sure what it is... =/

Any mummies experienced this before and can advise me?

chiro

hi hi..

If its painful and acute..better see gynae..fast

when u mean hardening.. Did u notice the limbs of ur baby moving inside

it could be ur bb doing gymnastics inside...

Maybe u wanna go kkh to check it out..

AngieTan

hi hi..

If its painful and acute..better see gynae..fast

when you mean hardening.. Did you notice the limbs of your baby moving inside

it could be your baby doing gymnastics inside...

Maybe you wanna go Kandang Kerbau Hospital to check it out..
Baby is still moving, that's why I am not too "gan jiong"... Just wondering whether is it normal?

Phoebii Cheng

It happens especially if you r in 3rd tri....could be ur bb sitting on a nerve thts why u experience sharp pain.....however, do monitor the pain, if it really is unbearable better see the doc

Tht time I also had pain but not at the abdomen, but the leg......my gynae told me the same thing

AngieTan

It happens especially if you r in 3rd tri....could be your baby sitting on a nerve thts why you experience sharp pain.....however, do monitor the pain, if it really is unbearable better see the doc

Tht time I also had pain but not at the abdomen, but the leg......my gynae told me the same thing
Ok... Hope it's really just that and nothing serious... =/ Thanks...

Think the pain happens when my stomach is expanding... Felt it during my 24th week too but not so prolonged... So really don't know whether it is supposed to be this way or not...

NIisme

This happened to me last time during my 3rd tri too. While I'm working den suddenly feel so pain, stand also cannot, sit also cannot, lying down also roll till like a ball. Luckily I'm working in a clinic, so my doctor ask me drink more warm water(warm but more to hot type) and try relax my whole body. It did help to ease a lil bit pain. Always remember to calm down yourself and not to struggle around with the pain. Don't keep thinking about 'omg! Very pain!' :)

AngieTan

This happened to me last time during my 3rd tri too. While I'm working then suddenly feel so pain, stand also cannot, sit also cannot, lying down also roll till like a ball. Luckily I'm working in a clinic, so my doctor ask me drink more warm water(warm but more to hot type) and try relax my whole body. It did help to ease a lil bit pain. Always remember to calm down yourself and not to struggle around with the pain. dont't keep thinking about 'omg! Very pain!' :)
Thanks for your reply... :tlaugh:

Yesterday night was bad... Was lying on my left side then suddenly stretch towards my right cos I wanted to take something and I felt like the right side of my tummy "tear" that kind of feeling... :eek:15:

Anyway, went to see my gynae this morning to get it checked out... He told me it is normal as stomach is expanding fast now... If want to ease the pain, can take panadol but I don't want to take any drugs unless very necessary so guess will just bear with the pain... =/ Gosh... Think will get worse since now is only the start of 3rd tri... :eek:

Gynae also mentioned maybe also due to pressure put by baby (baby already 1.3 kg as of today - is he too big or too small?) and told me to MOVE SLOW... Haha... If can, don't move too much better still... So funny... :001_302: