partially breastfeeding .

karynn

Hi mummies , i'm currently partial breastfeeding as i have low milk supply & on med that prescribe by my gynae . And i've been partial breastfeeding for about 3months. Should i give up and give my son fully on formula or continue ? Any suggestions ?!

Miaeko

Hi mommy,
I, too was low ms and w little support for bf, wanted to give up bf. BF was time consuming (baby slow drinker), and was sleep deprived with achings all over. Did wonder if I was too harsh on myself since baby can finish milk formular within 5min.
With the emphasis of e goodness of bf (best gift of all for babies), I'm still hanging on. Not only that, I've come to realized that my little one sometimes "cry" for e bonding session even after she had formular. Priceless.

huishih

my bb is 9 mths plus , currently still on full bf. I have similar experience when my baby was first few mths. My bb latch on until I fall sleep , esp at night , and he drink every two hourly. Almost going to get crazy . day time I still need to look after my eldest son who is only two yrs old . but I insists breastfeed my baby . I tahan tahan until my bb reach 6 mths when he is ready for solid foods then I pump out my milk every 5 hourly. now I am very happy because he is very healthy. same to you , even partial bf , you should continue. do it for yr baby.

karynn

Hi mommy,
I, too was low ms and w little support for bf, wanted to give up bf. BF was time consuming (baby slow drinker), and was sleep deprived with achings all over. Did wonder if I was too harsh on myself since baby can finish milk formular within 5min.
With the emphasis of e goodness of bf (best gift of all for babies), I'm still hanging on. Not only that, I've come to realized that my little one sometimes "cry" for e bonding session even after she had formular. Priceless.
Hi mummy . Thanks for the advice . I know that bm is the best nutition in the world thats the reason I keep finding ways to increase my milk supply . But no valid. Milk isn't increasing . So i decided not to pump the milk out(as i was lazy too) so i just let him latch on . Sometimes i just hate myself for having low milk supply . Maybe i'll bf him till half year . ;)

karynn

my bb is 9 mths plus , currently still on full bf. I have similar experience when my baby was first few mths. My bb latch on until I fall sleep , esp at night , and he drink every two hourly. Almost going to get crazy . day time I still need to look after my eldest son who is only two yrs old . but I insists breastfeed my baby . I tahan tahan until my bb reach 6 mths when he is ready for solid foods then I pump out my milk every 5 hourly. now I am very happy because he is very healthy. same to you , even partial bf , you should continue. do it for yr baby.
I see . I only give him bm 3 times a day . Morning, afternoon and midnight . I've to drag the time longer if not there v little milk for him to drink due to little glands in my breast (i think) . Yup, maybe i should bf him till 6 months . You're a great mum! V impressive !

Miaeko

Yes, sama sama.. I've tried most methods as other successful mommies said.. Cnnt mean means cnnt, esp e part on pathetic 20ml pump out.. I suspect for my case was lack o rest and was too tensed up.. So now, i jus Latch on n dun bother abt washing e equip. Lets Jiayou !

karynn

Yes, sama sama.. I've tried most methods as other successful mommies said.. Cnnt mean means cnnt, esp e part on pathetic 20ml pump out.. I suspect for my case was lack o rest and was too tensed up.. So now, i jus Latch on n dun bother abt washing e equip. Lets Jiayou !
Ya lo . Jiayouuu!!!

lyra

Jia you, mummy! Maybe after constant latching on, you'll find that breast milk supply actually increase? Because baby is the best "pump". Haha! Some mummies shared that they cannot get much milk when pumping but when they latch, baby can empty their breasts and feel full.

Hi mummy . Thanks for the advice . I know that bm is the best nutition in the world thats the reason I keep finding ways to increase my milk supply . But no valid. Milk isn't increasing . So i decided not to pump the milk out(as i was lazy too) so i just let him latch on . Sometimes i just hate myself for having low milk supply . Maybe i'll bf him till half year . ;)

leesc

Hi there.. My bb is now going to 3months n I'm feeding her expressed bm during the day n latch on in the mid night. Now I got a low milk supply problem. I don't latch on much cuz no way can gauge her intake n will not
know when she is full. also when latching on, it took so long fr her to suck. I can't stand on it though it's precious moment fr bonding. she will tend to suck fr up to 1hr especially at the night. She will not sleep if she is not full enough. This is why I preferred to express the milk n feed her with bottle.

any advise out there that I could increase the supply? I really hope I can feed her bm as long as possible.

Really salute to those mummy can bf their babies fr more than 1year.

huishih

Hi leesc , I have been breastfeeding my bb until now . Currently he is 10 mths , going to feed him until 1 yr old or...I let my baby latch on first few mths then subsequently I pump out every three hourly . Important : Consistent pump out every three hourly to maintain your milk supply. Even at night I wake-up every four hourly to pump out my milk . I pump put until my breast feel soft. And I let him latch on at night before he sleep . If you really want to breastfeed your baby , you should consistent pump out your milk and rest well , so your body will produce more milk.

leesc

Hi leesc , I have been breastfeeding my bb until now . Currently he is 10 mths , going to feed him until 1 yr old or...I let my baby latch on first few mths then subsequently I pump out every three hourly . Important : Consistent pump out every three hourly to maintain your milk supply. Even at night I wake-up every four hourly to pump out my milk . I pump put until my breast feel soft. And I let him latch on at night before he sleep . If you really want to breastfeed your baby , you should consistent pump out your milk and rest well , so your body will produce more milk.
so meaning day time u feed bb bm with bottle?

My BBoth supply different a lot. One side Max 60ml n another 80 or sometimes can reached 120ml.

So when u r out fm home u also pump when the time comes? Did u drink soup everyday? My fren told that need to have soup everyday to get more milk. Is that so?

huishih

Dear, yes different breast give you different quantity.120ml consider very good , consistent pump out so you will maintain good supply. for the first few mths , I drink a lot of soup and eat a lot of fish , after confinement, I gained weight , 5 kgs because I drink a lot of soup., bread, milo, etcs but I was happy coz my milk supply increase . now I eat as per normal but milk doesn't drop, once your milk stabilize, should be ok . what you need to do is consistent to pump out your milk .
If I want to go out , I will pump out my milk and take it out together. Got eg : I want to go out at 5 pm , I will pump out at 4pm-4.30.pm. you can put your milk at room temperature up to 6 hour. And before I go to bed , I will pump out and feed him when my bb wakeup ay night. Now my bb already 10 mths , I didn't wake-up at midnight to pump out my milk . My last pump will be at 12midnight and I leave the milk at outside, in case my bb wan to drink. If he didn't wake-up , I will put back to refrigerator. And around 6 am , I will wake-up to pump out and leave it outside for baby to drink around 8 am. Last time before my baby eat porridge, I wake-up every four hourly at night to pump out my milk.

JJ2011

Hi,mummies,
I m facing a problem now. Bb seems not satisfied I bf about 2 hr. sometimes, he fall asleep during bf. so, no choice, we have to give him formula. But, I afraid my milk supply will be low n gone eventually. My bb is 16 days old. I on med to produce milk. Dunno this is good or not. Sometimes, I feel down n wonder y I cannt fed my bb till make him satisfied?
anyone face same prob as me?

huishih

Hi gal , what kind of medication you take to produce more milk ?
Eat and sleep well, let baby latch on . if ur bb fall sleep , call him/her up , open his diapers.
Last time I put ice on my baby legs to call him up. ha ha pls don follow my way...
if ur bb fall sleep , try to pump out ur milk , consistent every three hours.
Trust me , you can increase your milk supply coz only 16 days. this few weeks is very important for u., work hard my dear . Before your milk stabilize , you need to eat , sleep well and drink more soup. yeap...

Mummy73

U shouldn't stress yourself too much over bf. If u r stress, you won't produce much, n hey, even if u dun bf, that doesnt make u a lousier mum or ur BB unhealthy. I just met w a frd recently, she had inverted nipples n gave up on bf. Her child had been to the ped max 5 times. The child is now 4 Years old. Most mothers of our gen din bf us. We grow up fine.
Just make sure u give ur child healthy semi solid food, enjoy ur motherhood.

huishih

Hi dear , what mummy73 said is good for u , don stress urself. eat , sleep and rest well. try your best to breastfeed ur bb. Only take medicine recommend by doctor yeap....

leesc

Dear, yes different breast give you different quantity.120ml consider very good , consistent pump out so you will maintain good supply. for the first few mths , I drink a lot of soup and eat a lot of fish , after confinement, I gained weight , 5 kgs because I drink a lot of soup., bread, milo, etcs but I was happy coz my milk supply increase . now I eat as per normal but milk doesn't drop, once your milk stabilize, should be ok . what you need to do is consistent to pump out your milk .
If I want to go out , I will pump out my milk and take it out together. Got eg : I want to go out at 5 pm , I will pump out at 4pm-4.30.pm. you can put your milk at room temperature up to 6 hour. And before I go to bed , I will pump out and feed him when my bb wakeup ay night. Now my bb already 10 mths , I didn't wake-up at midnight to pump out my milk . My last pump will be at 12midnight and I leave the milk at outside, in case my bb wan to drink. If he didn't wake-up , I will put back to refrigerator. And around 6 am , I will wake-up to pump out and leave it outside for baby to drink around 8 am. Last time before my baby eat porridge, I wake-up every four hourly at night to pump out my milk.

Wow, I nvr thought of keep the freshly pump bm in room temperature. We only go out after feed bb. How to warm up the milk? Put in the thermos fr porridge to warm up? n u'll keep the milk iin the warmer bag? what a bout the fridge bm? How long can last in the rroom temperature actually? I ever keep warm in the warmer fr mmore than an hour. N bb only poop fr alternate day, after I changed back to only warm the milk when bb is hungry then she can poop everyday.

another thing, can I mix the formula n warmed bm in one to feed bb? since both milk is warm.

After u kept the milk in room temperature fr 6hours let's say, n how long can keep in the fridge? Within 48hours to consume still?

Night time I bearly can wake up to pump milk though. Super sleepy cuz day time I didn't rest much due to taking care of bb n house chores etc.

Mummy73

My lactation says on the safe side , leave milk out for only 4 hrs. Some days it gets v warm, n we can't be constantly monitoring the temperature. Leave it in the fridge if u need it more than 4 hrs later.
I mixed my breast milk w powder milk( some days v lazy to wake up to pump) , n I also mixed some rice water in. My BB had diahorrea n doc advised to cut down on milk. I feel it's also a gd chance to intro the LO to food other than milk. He was 4 mths plus...
When u r outdoor, ask for a cup of hot water, n warm water to adjust the temp Urself. Often servers serve u extra hot or too Luke warm to warm the milk. Make sure u can do a quick dip into the water n ur finger feels ok to ensure its not too "hot" to spoil the milk properties. When water gets cool, add more hot water, I met a very enthusiastic server before who helps me put my milk into the smoking cup, she's some auntie, can't fault her for ignorance. She said back during her time , where got so many rules ... Lol. If u know your Lo ain't gg to feed for more than 4 hr, place the milk in a cooler bag, m warm up later. Or u can bring some water along, and even in food court or kopitiam, they fun charge when u flash them the milk bottle n ask for some hot water.

leesc

Ohh.. Thx fr the info.

I have bought a lucky baby warmer bag. so I just put in the freshly pump bm in it n feed to bb within four hours, am I right? Sorry fr keep asking question. Hehe. Just make sure I do it correctly.

Is that the warmer bag cannot keep fridge bm? or I pre-warm it n put in the warmer bag?