partially breastfeeding .

Mummy73

No worries;-)

I rotate the BB between my house n my mum's, some days I dun hv any bagvw me, I just wrap in in a small towel.

Can put fridge breast milk in warmer bag, but remember that it's warming to room temp, so make sure u use it in 4 hrs. No need to pre warm, the warmer the milk is, the easier it will breed bacterial. Just ask for warm water, or bring ur own flask.

huishih

Hi dear, normally I just keep my express milk in the bottle. I didn't use towel or keep inside warmer bag so far my baby is doing well. normally we go to shopping, so is in the air con room . Even our weather is very hot, but all the places , normally is fully air con.
The milk you pump out can keep up to 4 hours in room temperature.
For the milk from the fridge , I just warm it when my bb wan to drink . after warm, I put keep it in the room temperature, or if I wan to go out . I just put inside my shopping bag, normally I will let my bb drink within one hour. I didn't warm it again when my bb wan to drink.
I didn't put in the warmer bag. After warm just keep in the room temperature within one hr , my bb will finish the milk.

mswong

Hi mummies , i'm currently partial breastfeeding as i have low milk supply & on med that prescribe by my gynae . And i've been partial breastfeeding for about 3months. Should i give up and give my son fully on formula or continue ? Any suggestions ?!
Hope you haven't given up breastfeeding.
My son has just turned 102 days. The first month my confinement lady helped me to feed my baby with formula and latch on me once or twice a day. The second month I tried to breastfeed him as much as possible because my target was two months breastfeeding at that time. I do realize my supply is low probably due to my laziness in the first month. I should have breastfed him more often during my confinement period. When I went back to work after two months of maternity leave, I was struggling if I should give up breastfeeding. Then, I received a lot of encouragement from my colleagues who supporting breastfeeding. At the beginning I only pump 1~2 ounces every 3 hours and now about 3~4 ounces every 3 hours. I am now still partially breastfeeding coz I think we should not give up. Now I have set my target to 2 years. Hope I can fully breastfeed my baby until he turns 2 year-old.
Don't give up! Breastfeeding is the best! <3

JJ2011

Hi,huishih,
Thx for the info. I took fenugreek (i buy from GNC, but i did ask my doc can i take tht) n motilium ( motilium is given by doc)
i try hard to feed him, but he always fall asleep n cry after Awhile.sometimes will feel down. N after we top up formula for him, he will slp sweet n sound. Sob sob
i m start to think other way.. Partially bf n formula for the bb. Dun let him starving..afraid him lose weight...

Hi gal , what kind of medication you take to produce more milk ?
Eat and sleep well, let baby latch on . if ur bb fall sleep , call him/her up , open his diapers.
Last time I put ice on my baby legs to call him up. ha ha pls don follow my way...
if ur bb fall sleep , try to pump out ur milk , consistent every three hours.
Trust me , you can increase your milk supply coz only 16 days. this few weeks is very important for u., work hard my dear . Before your milk stabilize , you need to eat , sleep well and drink more soup. yeap...

JJ2011

Hi,mummy73,

I know.but sometime it really feeling down n disappointed...I think I too sturborned to insist of bf , which make myself more streeful. I did lose control n cried in hospital at 3 rd day when my bb jaundice, didn't satisfied after bf, n didn't poo poo n urine. I m a bit sensitive.
If a mum really cannot bf, should give formula for their bb,right?
BM n formula also can make bb grow,right?

U shouldn't stress yourself too much over bf. If u r stress, you won't produce much, n hey, even if u dun bf, that doesnt make u a lousier mum or ur BB unhealthy. I just met w a frd recently, she had inverted nipples n gave up on bf. Her child had been to the ped max 5 times. The child is now 4 Years old. Most mothers of our gen din bf us. We grow up fine.
Just make sure u give ur child healthy semi solid food, enjoy ur motherhood.

leesc

No worries;-)

I rotate the BB between my house n my mum's, some days I dun hv any bagvw me, I just wrap in in a small towel.

Can put fridge breast milk in warmer bag, but remember that it's warming to room temp, so make sure u use it in 4 hrs. No need to pre warm, the warmer the milk is, the easier it will breed bacterial. Just ask for warm water, or bring ur own flask.

Ok noted. Thx so much fr ur sharing. :)

leesc

Hi dear, normally I just keep my express milk in the bottle. I didn't use towel or keep inside warmer bag so far my baby is doing well. normally we go to shopping, so is in the air con room . Even our weather is very hot, but all the places , normally is fully air con.
The milk you pump out can keep up to 4 hours in room temperature.
For the milk from the fridge , I just warm it when my bb wan to drink . after warm, I put keep it in the room temperature, or if I wan to go out . I just put inside my shopping bag, normally I will let my bb drink within one hour. I didn't warm it again when my bb wan to drink.
I didn't put in the warmer bag. After warm just keep in the room temperature within one hr , my bb will finish the milk.

Okok.. Well noted. Thx fr sharing ya. Hehe

Mummy73

The med u took should boost ur milk production. Actually I also dun produce enough for my 6 mth old. Initially I thought was my low production, despite the frequent three hr pump at night, I still wasn't producing enough. I finally went to see a lactation, n found out my milk ducts are grossly clog! I wore underwire bra during my pregnancy plus I sleep on tummy, combine this two elements are deadly for breastfeeding. I supplement w formula milk as well. Dun be stress about it, enjoy ur motherhood. Giving ur BB the love he or she deserves is far more efficient then the kind of milk u choose.

karynn

Hi mswong ,
Im still partial breastfeedin him. Is has been 3 months+ and i don' think my milk supply will increase , so i just let my boy suckle whenever i thinks he need some comfort . The max is 2oz . I'll never reach till 3oz and above . How sad is this . ):

mswong

karynn:661988 said:
Hi mswong ,
Im still partial breastfeedin him. Is has been 3 months+ and i don' think my milk supply will increase , so i just let my boy suckle whenever i thinks he need some comfort . The max is 2oz . I'll never reach till 3oz and above . How sad is this . ):
Are you a full time mother? When i was taking care baby in the second month, i never pump as i did not have time to pump while taking care of him. Now i pump at work and let him latch on at night. I am expecting to meet the feeding amount when he starts to have solid food. Hopefully he can survive without formula at that time. Keep it up for two more months. =)

andieluv2

low milk supply.

I am a 23day old mummy and i am still experiencing low milk flow. Started bottle.feeding my love at day 4 and i think she now prefer the bottle over my breast. i am stil
able to latch her on abt 3-4x per day and i am pumping strictly every 3hrly. However each pump only gives me 30. Sometimes i may hit 50mls. Sometimes even.lesser than 30mls. Am really depressed as breastfeeding my baby is my dream. I.have.seen the lactation consultant and she said i have blocked ducts and did massage for me which hurts so much even whn i got.no engorgement. i religiously massage at hm before each pump but i still feel the lump. My love is currently on partial bf. I gotta supplement with formula bcoz i am woeried she dun have enough. I've tried almost everything i could. Drink more water, unripe papaya soup, fenugreek 3tabs 3x perday, domperidone 2tabs 4x a day. Mother's milk tea. But it doesnt seem.improving. I am wondering will my supply so off slowly and.disappear eventually or will.it still increase as i am still in my first month. I feel guilty and stress whnever i.see her cry and whn i feed her formula, i feel so guilty. Like as if i am feeding her poison. My mum is.always.comparing me with her friwnd daughter sayibg they got so.much.milk and all and why isnt mine flowing? I feel really upset. Juz wanna know is thr anyone out there experiencing the same situation as me before? I feel like giving up bcoz its.really bery tiring to pump every 3hrs, 30-45 mins each session and not forgetting i gotta latch her.and.take.care.of her. Haiz...

karynn

Hi mswong, yes i'm a full time mum for the time being . I did not pump out , i stri give him latch on . No point pumping out as my supply is really low. I will continue to give him latch on till i start working but most probably will stop once he starts solid food . This is what i can do for him for now being ): i see . At least you still have a certain amt in ur milk supply . For me if i did not take med , my supply will drop ..

karynn

I am a 23day old mummy and i am still experiencing low milk flow. Started bottle.feeding my love at day 4 and i think she now prefer the bottle over my breast. i am stil
able to latch her on abt 3-4x per day and i am pumping strictly every 3hrly. However each pump only gives me 30. Sometimes i may hit 50mls. Sometimes even.lesser than 30mls. Am really depressed as breastfeeding my baby is my dream. I.have.seen the lactation consultant and she said i have blocked ducts and did massage for me which hurts so much even whn i got.no engorgement. i religiously massage at hm before each pump but i still feel the lump. My love is currently on partial bf. I gotta supplement with formula bcoz i am woeried she dun have enough. I've tried almost everything i could. Drink more water, unripe papaya soup, fenugreek 3tabs 3x perday, domperidone 2tabs 4x a day. Mother's milk tea. But it doesnt seem.improving. I am wondering will my supply so off slowly and.disappear eventually or will.it still increase as i am still in my first month. I feel guilty and stress whnever i.see her cry and whn i feed her formula, i feel so guilty. Like as if i am feeding her poison. My mum is.always.comparing me with her friwnd daughter sayibg they got so.much.milk and all and why isnt mine flowing? I feel really upset. Juz wanna know is thr anyone out there experiencing the same situation as me before? I feel like giving up bcoz its.really bery tiring to pump every 3hrs, 30-45 mins each session and not forgetting i gotta latch her.and.take.care.of her. Haiz...
Hi mummy . I'm in the same situation as you. My mum and my mil keep telling me ' the who who daughter has high supply of milk' i felt discouraged but i tell myself that no point comparing with them . Diff body diff. Don't need to care about how high their supply is
Hmm, i know i tiring to keep pump out as i did that lastime . Maybe you can just giv ur bb directly latch on . It works better to increase ur milk supply and not so tiring as pumping out . Don't worry , you still have the chance to increase ur milk supply . However , rmb to rest enough and stays stressfree . Gambateh!!

andieluv2

Hi mummy . I'm in the same situation as you. My mum and my mil keep telling me ' the who who daughter has high supply of milk' i felt discouraged but i tell myself that no point comparing with them . Diff body diff. Don't need to care about how high their supply is
Hmm, i know i tiring to keep pump out as i did that lastime . Maybe you can just giv ur bb directly latch on . It works better to increase ur milk supply and not so tiring as pumping out . Don't worry , you still have the chance to increase ur milk supply . However , rmb to rest enough and stays stressfree . Gambateh!![/QUOTE]

hi, whn she latch, i am not sure if she got the milk as i dun hear her swallow. usually u hear a swallowing sound.isnt it? so i am not sure is she even drinking in the first plc. the lactation consultant ask me to latch and pump still to empty my breast. i still wsnna persist on till i go bck to wrk in 3 months time. i hope by then the supply will increase. i am juz glad to know i am not a low milk alien. and i am not alone.. thankz for sharing...

karynn

Hi. Hmm. I did heard his swallowing . I see . Is the latching correct ? How old is ur bb ? Cause lastime my boy doesnt really know how to suck , but nowadays he will auto find my nipple and suckle it .
Haha. Yah lo. I have confidence in you ! Np ^^ don't worry , u're not alone :)

Last edited:

andieluv2

karynn:669203 said:
Hi. Hmm. I did heard his swallowing . I see . Is the latching correct ? How old is ur bb ? Cause lastime my boy doesnt really know how to suck , but nowadays he will auto find my nipple and suckle it .
Haha. Yah lo. I have confidence in you ! Np ^^ don't worry , u're not alone :)
i think she.is.latching.correctly. nose away from breast. checked. wiggling of.ears whn sucking.checked. i feel no.pain.checked. taking part of the aroela. checked. but she always fall aslp whn sucking. she is only 24day old..i dun know if she's too young to suck hard enough for.my milk to come out due to.my.low.flow.

najwee

What can I do when my bb girl refuses to suckle after a while and started to cry? I have resort to pumping out my milk and feeding it to her in a bottle... Will I be losing out on the bonding aspect of letting my bb suckle?

MamyBaby

you may want to try some nursing tea. Neuner's is a good choice. $17.90 for 20 bags in a box.
Check out from our website http://www.MamyBaby-store.com

mswong

Dear, i have experienced low supply as well before. But now I'm fully breastfeed my 4 month old baby! Don't give up! Just need to keep trying and keep feeding and pumping!