Passport for infant?

Ah Cheng

Yoz, does it means baby must have their own passport? Cannot tag along with mummy? Cos I dont want ppls to bring my baby out without me leh.

siongnelly

actually, it is good that they have their own passport lor... my son will follow my mother sometimes... to indonesia... and he is just back from korea with my mum in apr. so i had a week of holiday... great :)

kiddomummy

no tagging with mummy's passport now...

son's passport done when he 6mths old. I never change pic leh, coz he's features quite the same, I always put his watever lastest pp photo in the passport holder, in case customs ask... and it works.. :Dancing_wub:
He's 4+yr now... But have to change new passport soon loh.:err:

January84

I did for my son too, doing for my DD too... so far only my MIL brought my DS to Msia on a 1/2 day trip to walk walk... hahaha...

-SRI-

How about change thumbprints? Got to do a new passport too?

My thumbprints always change so cannot use the new machine for scan for entry. :001_302:
LOL... everytime u make new passport, u need to give them a photo & new thumbprint will be store in the chip of ur new passport..

-SRI-

huh i aso make my ds passport when he is 3months old if like tat then put 5yrs expiry date for what chey .. still mus waste another 70bucks for new passport .. crazy
tts y if u nt the type who travel, den its advisable nt to make the child passport when he/she still a baby..if nt wasted seh... $70 can go shopping lei... hehehehhehe....

The reason why valid for 5yrs due to the chip... Chip cant last for 10yrs... u noe.. technology don last tt long... hehehe... Futhermore ur particulars is stored in the chip.. tts explain y u need to renew after 5yrs...

January84

tts y if u nt the type who travel, den its advisable nt to make the child passport when he/she still a baby..if nt wasted seh... $70 can go shopping lei... hehehehhehe....

The reason why valid for 5yrs due to the chip... Chip cant last for 10yrs... u noe.. technology don last tt long... hehehe... Futhermore ur particulars is stored in the chip.. tts explain y u need to renew after 5yrs...
yes agree... for us always travel back to penang to visit my MIL mother so must do PP for children.. returning during CNY is a must and sometime can go jalan jalan too...

technology change super fast that sometimes i cant catch up...