persistent fever

tinkerball

my boy is entering the fifth day of fever now along with flu and cough. fever went down after medication but came back after a few hours or the next day. its been like this since day one. and his cough is so bad till he vomitted and didnt sleep well. and there's no signs of getting better even on the fifth day. already seen doctor two days ago. is he having some kind of infection?

Ting

might be a viral fever, usually last 7-10 days.
what did your doctor say??
n how high is his fever?
if gets too high, bring to KK.

allycat

I would advise that u bring your boy to KKH for futher tests. With H1N1 coming back, its better to be on the safe side.

tinkerball

might be a viral fever, usually last 7-10 days.
what did your doctor say??
n how high is his fever?
if gets too high, bring to KK.
usually 38 degrees. only last nite hit 38.9. now fever again. what is viral fever and how serious can it be?

tinkerball

I would advise that you bring your boy to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for futher tests. With H1N1 coming back, its better to be on the safe side.
i still cant decide wether to bring back to see the same doctor again or to go straight to hospital.

Phoebii Cheng

Its been 5 days so I suggest you straight away bring him to KKH.....just in case....

For me, if my son fever exceeds 3 days will bring him to hospital as advised by the PD

apollo

i agree with the other mummies, it could be viral fever. since this is alrdy the 5th day, better bring him to kkh A&E!

jojoki

My dd had high fever up to 40.6 for 5 days and on 6th day the fever broke suddenly and rash appeared... she had roseola. You may wanna wait one more day? since fever not tat high? if you see any signs of rashes it can jolly well means the fever is gonna break. rash normally starts from neck or face.

Ting

i also suggest u shld bring your son to KK instead back to the doc.
maybe u call up the doc n see what he says??
but i think since alr 5th day, can just bring to KK.
38.9 considered quite high alr for a young kid, even for adults alr high...
dun take the risk.

jojoki

go KK first thing dey do is let ur boy have urine test, so if u do wanna bring him there first thing u should let him drink lots of water whn nearing hospital cos they will put pee bag for him. Does ur boy cries whn urinating? could be urinary infection. ear infection can also cos fever, otherwise porb a viral infection which like wat Ting said, it takes 7-10 days to clear

tinkerball

My dear daughter had high fever up to 40.6 for 5 days and on 6th day the fever broke suddenly and rash appeared... she had roseola. You may wanna wait one more day? since fever not that high? if you see any signs of rashes it can jolly well means the fever is gonna break. rash normally starts from neck or face.
but his fever is not continous. it goes up and down. but now since u already mentioned of roseola.. is it accompanied with flu and cough?

tinkerball

go KK first thing dey do is let your boy have urine test, so if you do wanna bring him there first thing you should let him drink lots of water whn nearing hospital cos they will put pee bag for him. Does your boy cries whn urinating? could be urinary infection. ear infection can also cos fever, otherwise porb a viral infection which like what Ting said, it takes 7-10 days to clear
now one big prob i hav now is the lil dude refuses to drink water that i have to use a syringe to force feed him. even then he'll shut his mouth after a few rounds. i cant think of any other ways to make him drink.

Ting

goes up n down due to medication bahs.
if he take med, the fever will go down, but after tt the effect over then fever comes back.
fever is more like an indication tt somewhere in his body is infected.
might be ear, throat, urinary.
usually flu n cough wont hv fever that last so long.
for pin is max 4 days n 4th day is only a low fever.

Ting

now one big prob i hav now is the lil dude refuses to drink water that i have to use a syringe to force feed him. even then he'll shut his mouth after a few rounds. i cant think of any other ways to make him drink.
try telling him by drinking more water then he will feel better n his fever will subside??
i always tell pin she needs to drink more water so her cough/fever/running nose will "go away".
cos she knws how uncomfy it is to be sick.
but she usually hv no issues in drinking water.

tinkerball

try telling him by drinking more water then he will feel better n his fever will subside??
i always tell pin she needs to drink more water so her cough/fever/running nose will "go away".
cos she knws how uncomfy it is to be sick.
but she usually have no issues in drinking water.
this boy.. if force him he'll cry. when he cry he coughs. when he coughs he vomits. tell him nicely also dont work. he really need more fluids cos when i change his diaper its very light. not much urine inside. a sign of lack of fluid.

Ting

this boy.. if force him he'll cry. when he cry he coughs. when he coughs he vomits. tell him nicely also dont work. he really need more fluids cos when i change his diaper its very light. not much urine inside. a sign of lack of fluid.
is he having phelgm?? if so, he might be coughing out the phelgm..

yeah usually when they r having fever or not feeling well, gotta keep them well hydrated...
how abt juices???
maybe u can cook barley water for him? its cooling also~

tinkerball

is he having phelgm?? if so, he might be coughing out the phelgm..

yeah usually when they r having fever or not feeling well, gotta keep them well hydrated...
how about juices???
maybe you can cook barley water for him? its cooling also~
yup he's trying to cough out the phlegm but end up vomitting instead. barley? cooling? will it worsen his flu? cos he's dripping like a tap now. the aunt next door juz gave me some barley but im scared his flu will get worse.