Pimples on baby's face

Hi mummies,

my boy has got pimples on his face together with heat rash, it started when i breastfeed him but has yet to clear up now that it is day 11. Isit normal? I only rem my first boy having heat rash on his face but not pimples.

Anyone having same problem?

moomoo85

Hello aadenalexis2008 Mummy,

Maybe u can try using cotton pad with warm water and clean yr little one face once every feed.

My ds have the same problem when he is a newborn. Those rash/pimple stay for about 2months...

I remember once my MIL took ds urine and apply on ds's face!!! I almost faint!!!

Hello aadenalexis2008 Mummy,

Maybe you can try using cotton pad with warm water and clean yr little one face once every feed.

My dear son have the same problem when he is a newborn. Those rash/pimple stay for about 2months...

I remember once my mother in law took dear son urine and apply on dear son's face!!! I almost faint!!!
I did use warm water with cotton pad to clean his face but not after every feed tho, ok shall try. Thanks. Can't rem how long it took to clear up for my 1st boy.

OMG, urine?? thats unhygienic... but then again the older generation always have their own 'methods':)just like some would place bb's food into their mouth to cool down before putting into baby's mouth:)

Phoebii Cheng

Yes agree with moomoo....just use cotton pad soaked in warm boiled water to clean your son's face after every feed......:D

apollo

dun use warm water, use cool boiled water instead. clean aft every milk feed. usually such 'pimples' will come on n off (even u clean frequently), for 3-4 mths. just continue to clean his face =)

ryjo

My four-and-half month old baby used to get pimples too on his face, then I applied Mustella baby face cream and the pimples went away. But I guess it also depends whether e cream suits ur baby's skin. Now his skin is so smooth just like in those advertisement ;)

Michelle Tan

It's common for babies to have heat rash, pimples, .....on their face for a period of time.
My baby had so much red dots on his face and everyone said that it's heat rash due to my breastmilk. i felt so sad........but when i bring him to see the paed, doc said it's acne and that i have to keep everything clean (his bedsheet, clothings,.......).
His acne recovered after applying doc's cream.

actually im thking not too good to apply cream on baby's face cos for my boy, he keeps using his mittens to brush across his face and sometimes even put into his mouth. Cool boiled water with cotton pad works miracles... his face has cleared up quite a bit, but i know will come bk , just gotta keep cleaning...

Michelle Tan

most babies touch their face and put into their mouth. You have to apply cream prescribed by paed (not mother or mother in law) then hold his 2 hands (play with him, chit chat with him) for a period of time (maybe 30mins).