Playmat necessary?

candy_ian

I bought a parklon mat for my son n intending to get another to cover the whole room. I find it Betta than the alphabet mats. I bought one to cushion any fall while playing or walking

autumn82

I bought 1 for Iggy when he was still a baby, around 3-4mths old. He lies there and also learning to crawl on it when he's awake. After that, when he starts to move around the house, this mat is quite redundant. :001_302:

So currently, the mat is used as a base for his slide and swing.. :p

diymummy

I bought a Parklon one for my son. It's good cushioning compared to the foam ABC mats. But I find it hard to clean. Since he has learnt to walk, it's pretty redundant for me too.

pkshl

im not sure if i should get, worried it will become a white elephant once my son knows how to walk...

autumn82

im not sure if i should get, worried it will become a white elephant once my son knows how to walk...
:err: I think Keith is already coming to 1 year old. So very much he would be cruising or walking around soon. Unless he's gonna sleep on the mat for naps or you want him to play toys on the mat only, or whole room covered with the mat then maybe still useful.. :tlaugh:

raeka

is only useful when he is learning to crawl and prevent from falling.
when my boy was about 1 yr old.. he didnt use the playmat already. i use it for his play corner and normally he will tear it out and put at other place . lol..

SGJ

This bumper playmat is my life saver! My active girl dont't knock her head or fall on the hard floor anymore. I can safely put her in knowing that she will be okay even though she fell.

ABC mat was much harder and the fall can still be painful! (I tried it out knocking myself on both bunper playmat and ABC mat) May sound crazy to do this but I just want to protect my girl from painful fall.

Now that she is a year old, she walks very well and this mat becomes her playarea so she wouldn't mess up the rest of the house. Neat and practical!

Attachments

chiro

the only regret i had about this mat is tat i should have bought the biggest dimension, johanan have been using this parklon mat since he was about 6 months old.now tat he has started to walk, this mat is good cos he will walk on the mat cos he knows tat it will not be painful if he falls.he also walks on marble floor but with more care when walkingmaybe you wanna get a preloved one :)