Please share your birth story

zaclin29

Wow! Thanks for sharing yr birth story ladies!
I'm also in the waiting game now & actually can't wait to experience childbirth! I'm more excited abt the contractions than seeing the lil princess. :x (my way of psycho-ing myself to tahan the pain!)

zaclin29

Hi Ain1707,

I'm planning a water birth.

Will be totally drug-free & no matter what I have to tahan the pain. Pray hard I'll be able to take the pain. Water & laughing gas are my only pain relievers. :p

Are you going for natural w/o epi?

meikaey

Hi all! I had my boy at week 39 weighed 2.75kg. 4days b4 EDD. Baby is healthy as im petite in size. My weight was only 54kg at week 39. No epidural used as I was detected with scoliosis since age 12. Had laughing gas and LA on thigh. The day he was born I was planning to go medi/pedi one last time. Hahaha enjoy first ma.

8am - bloody show. Took my time to have breakfast, shower and wash hair. Called gynae and informed of situation. Was asked to visit him for check.

930am - friend came to visit me (prearranged as she passed me some preloved items & gifts). Did not feel any contractions.

1015am - friend drove me to gleneagles. Hubby already there waiting for me. He rushed down from work. Gynae expecting my arrival. Checked me up and was only 2cm dilated. Water bag still intact. But amniotic fluid a bit low. Advised me to admit and wait.

1135am - admitted to delivery ward. Strapped me up to the machine that detects baby's heartbeat. No pain yet. Water bag still intact.

1230 - gynae came to check. Still 2cm dilated. . He left for lunch and ordered nurses to give me toast and milo. I had 2 servings!

2pm - still nothing and only 3cm dilated. Burst my water bag and asked to wait further. After awhile felt mild cramps.

330pm - allowed to walk around the room. I even took picture of myself in the ward at 348pm.

4pm - still 3cm. Gynae induced labour. Nurse hooked me up to the solution and prepared laughing gas mask. Taught me how and when to use it. Felt contractions coming gradually. Hubby with me all the while. Timing them as they come. Controlled pain with deep breathing and gas.

530pm to 630pm - strong contractions felt and urge to push. Nurse came to check. Only 7cm. Was advised not to push yet. They were very caring and look more worried than my hubby.

7pm - some point in time here I wanted to swear out but held it (according to my hubby haha). Gynae arrived and everything else was a blur to me except that I am screaming for baby to quickly pop. Nurses and gynae guided me in the delivery. Breathing technique deep breath, hold breath and count to 10 while u push. Hubby instructed to count for me. All the nurses were very supportive and encouraging. Always assuring me that I'm doing very well.

859pm - baby head popped.
9pm - delivered a healthy 2.75kg baby boy. I was cut and so the rest is history. I did not feel any pain during the stitching. Later I was asked if I wanna looked at the placenta. I didn't. I asked hubby if he is ok coz he looked shocked and stoned. He told me he really is very shocked due to my screams and how i pushed. He say he really cannot imagine the pain but when he saw my lips went purple he was really scared and shocked! And he was still clenching on to the laughing gas mask! I don't even remember when I let go and did not use the gas anymore. I also started to shiver real badly. Doc and nurses say I'm fine. It's due to using all the strength and energy to deliver baby.

1030pm - rolled into maternity ward. No more dinner as kitchen closed at 9pm. So only had milo.

And that's my birth story :)

Kudos to all mommies in the world. Only after experiencing child birth do I know that all mommies are really 伟大. Brave and strong!

May all mums-to-be have a safe delivery! Stay strong and keep positive mindset. If olden days women can do it without proper medical support we have nowadays, I'm sure all of you can do it too! All the best and enjoy ur pregnancy!

Spend as much time as u can with hubby. Go for short trips while u still can and do stuffs u enjoy before baby arrives! After that it's welcome to parenthood and sleepless nights!

Ain1707

Hi meikaey,

Thanks for sharing your story and giving me confidence to go through it! Hope i can be as strong as u :)

bertrande

meikaey, really thank you for your story. The fact that you survived on gas and air while being induced is VERY inspiring!!

Ain1707

Hi Guys,

I just came back from check up, i have dialated 1cm, 50% effaced and cervix is soft, Do u think it's a good start for 38 weeks and 3 days?? Or... Otherwise?

ice_melody

If your cramps continue and get increasingly stronger consistently or increasingly closer confirm labor. If not.. False alarm. As they get stronger, the cramps get more painful till you shiver (by that time should be in hospital all settled in liao). Initially only like menstrual cramps. Feeling like pooping is when crowning starting to happen.

Ain1707

Hi ice_melody,

Thanks for the advice. Anyway yesterday i think i had lost my mucus plug and followed by some watery discharge. No blood thou. What cud that be mean??

ice_melody

Alamak, go hospital already. Water break & mucus plug (pinkish / bloodish) covers the cervix. Without it, even with no obvious contractions, go straight to hospital!

Ain1707

But there is no blood on the mucus, i dont think my water breaks since its just like one tablespoon of water only. And the contractions are not regular.

ice_melody

Sometimes can be trickle, sometimes can be alot. Actually ah.. Best is call doc and describe & let him decide. Tho I know that water breaking can also happen without labor, for those cases, usually docs will monitor & try and induce coz losing amniotic fluid means baby's space is more cramped & infections can be introduced without mucus plug.
I usually play the kiasu mum and call and ask my doc about every slight thing. They understand that from moms.

nlipeng

wow...just read all the post and stories here...really thanks to all the mummies to share your experiences. I'm also FTM and right now in my mid 38 weeks. no signs of contractions at all...i'm also preparing myself to go through without epi....
determination is what is important!!

anyway Ain, how are you? delivered yet? am getting anxious now.. :)

Ain1707

Hi nlipeng,

My doc just need me to track my baby movement. So far hes moving well. :) unless if there is any bloody show, regular contractions every 10mins, baby doesnt move, or waterbag burst then can head to the hosp.

Anyway when is your due date? And where are u giving birth at? Me SGH :)

nlipeng

oh...mine is on 1st of Sept...and i'm going to deliver at KK Hospital....

it's great to hear that your baby is on the right track...he's coming soon :) so, right now you must be very anxious...i'm also anxious for u....do share with us on your delivery ya.... so right now, have you felt your contractions yet?