Pls share ur baby cereal/porridge feeding time

apollo

Hi all, can i check with all the mummies here when can i drop a milk feed and replace it with a meal? My dear daughter is 6mths old..below is her schedule, she just started her solid (brown rice cereal) for 2 days..

7.30am : 180ml FM
11.30am : 180ml FM
12.30pm : 1tbls cereal (as just started)
3.30pm : 180ml FM
7.30pm : 180ml FM
11.30pm : 180ml FM

I would continue to feed her the cereal for 2 more days and will intro cereal + carrot to her..is it advisable to drop a milk feed and replace with solids before she's a yr old?

how to intro more quantity of solid? should i give her less milk on her 11.30am feed?
i intro cereal to ds at 5.5mth old and ard 2weeks later i fully replace it wih milk. and at the same time also intro porridge to him. and sometime later, intro 2 meal semi-solid food to him daily.

as for hw much to feed. i used to increase half tablespoom every 3-4 days until he takes 5 tablespoon of cereal for a meal =)

paull

do i have to reduce the amt of milk during the 11.30am feed if i'm to feed her solid at 12.30pm? if so, hw much do i have to decrease?

apollo

do i have to reduce the amt of milk during the 11.30am feed if i'm to feed her solid at 12.30pm? if so, hw much do i have to decrease?
IMO, u can increase the cereal 1st. if she always cant finish the cereal den u decrease the milk at 11.30.. =)