Pls share ur baby cereal/porridge feeding time

apollo

mummies,

pls kindly share ur baby's cereal/porridge feeding time..

ds has been h\taking solid food for ard 3weeks alrdy and usually i will give him cereal btwn 1.15-1.45pm

i intend to start giving him one more meal of porridge when he is slightly older but dunno which is the 'best' time to give...

below is his feeding schedule:

7.40am - milk
11.00am - milk
1.30pm - cereal
4.30pm - milk
7.30pm - milk
10.30pm - milk

my mum suggested to shift his cereal time to the 11am feeding, which means, feed him ard 10.30am... den porridge at the 1pm feed or feed at 6.30-7pm to replace that milk feed...

i'm think which timing is better for porridge... afternoon of evening time?

it is v diffi to plan the timing cos when ds is too hungry/tired, we cant feed him well via spoon.. so need to 'arrange' the timing well and i hope the timing will become a routine for him..

mummies, pls help!

thks in advance! :001_302:

babylover

Hi Regina, may I know how old is yr baby now?

My girl is 8 month+ now and taking 3 porridge meal @ 11am, 4pm and 7.30 respectively now. She's been trying porridge for 2 months now. Of course first month of trying, my baby is like yours, take only 1 meal/day and each meal is only 2 tea spoons.

diymummy

My son at 8mths was taking 2 meals. As he grew older, we just increased the amt we fed him and not increased the meals.

8am - milk
11am - cereal - then became porridge
2pm - milk
5pm - cereal
8pm - milk

I chose 11am to give him porridge coz that's the practise of infant care also. It's more convenient for us over the weekends as well because we usually go out in the afternoon.

When my boy is tired it's also hard to feed. I will try not to drag till he's too tired. For him at 11am, he just woke up from his morning nap.

autumn82

mummies,

pls kindly share your baby's cereal/porridge feeding time..

dear son has been h\taking solid food for around 3weeks alrdy and usually i will give him cereal btwn 1.15-1.45pm

i intend to start giving him one more meal of porridge when he is slightly older but dont know which is the 'best' time to give...

below is his feeding schedule:

7.40am - milk
11.00am - milk
1.30pm - cereal
4.30pm - milk
7.30pm - milk
10.30pm - milk

my mum suggested to shift his cereal time to the 11am feeding, which means, feed him around 10.30am... then porridge at the 1pm feed or feed at 6.30-7pm to replace that milk feed...

i'm think which timing is better for porridge... afternoon of evening time?

it is very diffi to plan the timing cos when dear son is too hungry/tired, we cant feed him well via spoon.. so need to 'arrange' the timing well and i hope the timing will become a routine for him..

mummies, pls help!

thks in advance! :001_302:
Agree with your mum, feed cereal at 11am feeding. Btw, the cereal is brekkie rite? Or it's gonna be lunch in future? :001_302:

Iggy's feeding since 5mths+ until 10mth+ is:
7am - milk
9am - milk
11am- cereal/porridge
1.30pm - milk
4pm - milk
7pm - milk

Iggy's feeding at 10mth+ until 13mths+ is:
7am - milk
9am - milk
11.30/12pm - porridge/fruits
1.30pm - milk
4pm - porridge/fruits
7pm - milk

Iggy's feeding at 13mths+ until now:
7am - milk
8am - 1 slice of bread wif cheese
11.30/12pm - porridge/fruits
1.30pm - milk
4pm - porridge/fruits
7pm - milk

Last edited:

apollo

thks for the info mummies!

but anyone feed cereal and porrigde in a day? lik 1 meal cereal, 1 meal porridge?

shd i feed porridge or cereal on the morning feed?? lik tt i hav to start cooking the porridge v early right??

apollo

oops, diymummy, u hav cleared my doubt.. hehe...

btw what time do ur start cooking e porridge for the morning meal?

apollo

Hi Regina, may I know how old is your baby now?

My girl is 8 month+ now and taking 3 porridge meal @ 11am, 4pm and 7.30 respectively now. She's been trying porridge for 2 months now. Of course first month of trying, my baby is like yours, take only 1 meal/day and each meal is only 2 tea spoons.
ds is 6mths old tml. wow ur girl 8mths only but eating 3 meals alrdy?

btw when can i start ds with porridge + threadfish? will the porridge be too 'thick' for ds to swallow?

diymummy

Hi Regina mummy,

On weekends I will cook at 9am, cook till 11am in slow cooker on High mode. Then at 11am I will switch to Auto mode and pour in the thawed vege puree to cook a while more before feeding. When I started feeding fish I will steam the fish from frozen state at 10.30am for 25min before mashing into the porridge.

On weekdays I will cook the porrdige overnight in Auto mode.

Porridge proportion is 1 chinese spoon of rice with 200ml of water. :)

diymummy

Oh Regina mummy! I forgot to add that the water I use to cook the porridge is hot water, like just boiled water... Hot... If not the porridge in the slow cooker will take very long to cook if you use tap water....

apollo

btw mummies,

ds is 6mths old and just started cereal for 3weeks as mentioned. so when can i intro him porridge with threadfish??

and when can i start giving him 2 meals of solid food per day??

pls, i need ans for these 2 qns.. :001_302:

autumn82

btw mummies,

dear son is 6mths old and just started cereal for 3weeks as mentioned. so when can i intro him porridge with threadfish??

The usual guideline to feed fish would be 9-10mths but usually for asians, there are people who feed as early as 5mths. For myself, I started Iggy on cod at 7mths old coz I'm afraid he might get allergy or unable to digest properly yet. :001_302:

Usually, you can start him on 2x semi solids after 1 mth of 1x semi solids (depending how well your darling takes it). For myself, I hold back that 2nd meal until he was around 10mths++ coz I kiasee, want him to drink more milk within the 1 year. :001_302:

jasobias

my baby is 4 months 1 week..i feed her abt 10.30am brwn rice cereal with either apple /banana puree n again at 7 plus pm brwn rice cereal with carrots puree.Between tht is all milk.My pediatrician said my baby 6 months can feed fish liao..hmm maybe its coz i started feeding her b4 she turned 4 months.

diymummy

btw mummies,

dear son is 6mths old and just started cereal for 3weeks as mentioned. so when can i intro him porridge with threadfish??

(1) Agree with Autumn mummy that most websites would recommend starting fish after 9 or 10 mths but asians usually start earlier. It's safer to start with threadfin compared to oilier fishes like salmon or cod. You can always start with threadfin first to see your boy's reaction.

(2) I increased an additional meal when one meal didn't seem to satisfy my son anymore. Take your time. You can intro another meal at say, 9 mths or so. This is so that your baby will still be taking adequate milk as milk should be their main source of protein/liquid till age 1.

apollo

thks!

lets say if today i wanna start him some fish porridge in e aftnoon, the morning cereal i will just give him milk?? giv him 1 meal solid food will do?

diymummy

Hi Regina mummy,

Do you feel that one meal is enough for your baby? :) If you feel it is ok, you can just have 1 meal for lunch.

For my boy if I give him cereal in the morning, he won't eat his lunch. He's too full to have lunch. So depends on your baby. :)

You can try giving him breakfast as cereal still.. See how he takes on to it and then feed porrdige.. See if he is hungry enough to take it. As long as he's still taking milk, it should be ok. :)

apollo

Hi Regina mummy,

Do you feel that one meal is enough for your baby? :) If you feel it is ok, you can just have 1 meal for lunch.

For my boy if I give him cereal in the morning, he won't eat his lunch. He's too full to have lunch. So depends on your baby. :)

You can try giving him breakfast as cereal still.. See how he takes on to it and then feed porrdige.. See if he is hungry enough to take it. As long as he's still taking milk, it should be ok. :)
hmm actually the reason for me wanting to start 2 meals so soon is become even after i started 1meal solid food, ds 1 day milk intake can still hit 1000ml!! last time was ard 1100ml... the cereal is only his 'dessert'! haha!! but of cos the cereal i didnt give him alot, currently he is taking 2.5tablespoon :001_302:

autumn82

hmm actually the reason for me wanting to start 2 meals so soon is become even after i started 1meal solid food, dear son 1 day milk intake can still hit 1000ml!! last time was around 1100ml... the cereal is only his 'dessert'! haha!! but of cos the cereal i didnt give him alot, currently he is taking 2.5tablespoon :001_302:
Iggy's still taking around 1l daily wor.. :p with 2 big bowls of porridge. :tlaugh: