Pls share ur baby cereal/porridge feeding time

autumn82

later his next feed is around 2.15 but now the porridge is not ready yet! waopiang slow cooker really very slow!!! cos i intend to give him porridge then after that maybe 90ml milk.. haha..
It's SLOW Cooker mah.. What do u expect.. :p

diymummy

Your slow cooker got mode one or only 1 mode? My slow cooker I can adjust to High or Auto. :p

Hehehe... I always use high. Only when I cook porridge overnight then I use Auto.

apollo

Your slow cooker got mode one or only 1 mode? My slow cooker I can adjust to High or Auto. :p

Hehehe... I always use high. Only when I cook porridge overnight then I use Auto.
i got both but the high & low de is a big cooker, so i use the small one which only has 1 mode. think tml onwards i hav to start cooking early in e morning haha...

Mummy to Baby V

Our home nurse advised this:
- lunch 11am - 1pm, when digestive system is most active
- dinner 5 - 6 pm, a bit of time to digest before sleeping

Other things I learnt:
- Start lunch only after 5.5-6 months when digestive system is more mature.
- Solid food is to supplement, not replace milk, in the 1st year.
- Feed lunch about 1hr after milk feed to supplement
- introduce new food during lunch, at least 3 days in a row to test for allergy
- New food: give only 1 tablespoon on Day 1, 2 tblsp on Day 2, 3 tblsp on Day 3 to test for allergy
- food passed allergy test can be included in dinner
- can introduce dinner about 1mth after lunch
- 6-9 tablespoons of food is considered 1 full meal
- never force-feed to create positive attitude to eating
- help baby learn to feed himself
- start introducing a bit of water through cup at 6 mths

kellymom :: Breastfeeding and Parenting is a good reference.

So far, my 9-month old boy has been taking in all the breastmilk as usual and having 2 full meals. Hope you find this helpful.

Mummy to Baby V
MummysReviews.com/category/feeding/weaning/

apollo

Our home nurse advised this:
- lunch 11am - 1pm, when digestive system is most active
- dinner 5 - 6 pm, a bit of time to digest before sleeping

Other things I learnt:
- Start lunch only after 5.5-6 months when digestive system is more mature.
- Solid food is to supplement, not replace milk, in the 1st year.
- Feed lunch about 1hr after milk feed to supplement
- introduce new food during lunch, at least 3 days in a row to test for allergy
- New food: give only 1 tablespoon on Day 1, 2 tblsp on Day 2, 3 tblsp on Day 3 to test for allergy
- food passed allergy test can be included in dinner
- can introduce dinner about 1mth after lunch
- 6-9 tablespoons of food is considered 1 full meal
- never force-feed to create positive attitude to eating
- help baby learn to feed himself
- start introducing a bit of water through cup at 6 mths

kellymom :: Breastfeeding and Parenting is a good reference.

So far, my 9-month old boy has been taking in all the breastmilk as usual and having 2 full meals. Hope you find this helpful.

Mummy to Baby very
MummysReviews.com/category/feeding/weaning/
THANKS DO MUCH!!! u have really clear my doubts!!! MUACKS!!!

diymummy

i got both but the high & low is a big cooker, so i use the small one which only has 1 mode. think tml onwards i hav to start cooking early in e morning haha...
I see no wonder so slow. My small one has 2 modes. I always use High mode that's why only take 1.5hr to 2 hr. Hee...

apollo

I see no wonder so slow. My small one has 2 modes. I always use High mode that's why only take 1.5hr to 2 hr. Hee...
yalo.. mine other than slow, actu v good to use... but must early in e morning latest 10am must cook for 3pm meal.. haha!

Juan

Can I check where you let your baby sit when feeding them? Will your baby sit quietly and let you feed? Every time I feed by girl till very dirtly leh, I let her sit on her walker but of cos will not let her walk around lah.

diymummy

My baby sits in a high chair when I feed him.

Sometimes he will fuss and refuse food but I will make him sit there until he finishes. He also eat until very messy. So I went to Mothercare to buy a bib that is long sleeve. That's one of my best investments. LOL. Especially when we go out.

I try not to give him toys or let him sit in his walker when eating because I want him to concentrate on eating. When he's distracted, I feel it's harder to feed. Plus I want to inculcate a habit of him finishing his food before playing and not playing while eating.

Juan

Diymummy, how you calm down your boy when he start fussing in his high chair? Will he refuse to eat after that?

apollo

Can I check where you let your baby sit when feeding them? Will your baby sit quietly and let you feed? Every time I feed by girl till very dirtly , I let her sit on her walker but of cos will not let her walk around .
i agree with diymummy! i also let ds sit on his highchair.

few days ago, i forgot to switch off the tv and he focus on the tv! so now, i will off the tv, take away all toys b4 feeding him.

and yes, v diry and messy.. but these few days better alrdy, cos i know when he will use hands put into his mouth, dig the cereal etc.. so b4 he started, i will hold his hands and say "CANNOT!"

autumn82

Can I check where you let your baby sit when feeding them? Will your baby sit quietly and let you feed? Every time I feed by girl till very dirtly , I let her sit on her walker but of cos will not let her walk around .

I let Iggy sit in high chair coz I wanna cultivate eating at dinning table and not running around in walker and I find the height of the walker like not comfy for me to feed him.

At first, I did not have problems feeding him like that w/o TV or toys. But since 11mths+, he will fuss when eating, so I gave in, give him some toys to play with while eating. But I still refused to on the TV for him to watch while eating. Not good habit. :)

diymummy

LOL. Regina mummy, my boy same pattern as you. Always try to play with the spoon and bowl.

Juan mummy, he will stop fussing when I show him face. LOL. When he was ill I will sing to him to calm him. Sometimes my boy refuses to eat when he feels sleepy.

Juan

Wah Diymummy, your boy so "Guai Guai" leh.
I do not have any high chair yet, think should buy 1 lol.

diymummy

LOL. Coz I fierce fierce. When my hubby feeds my son, my son a lot of nonesense. Hahaha.

Yeah you can buy high chair. Ikea's one is not bad. Easy to clean and cheap. Abt $25 without the table I think.

My high chair is Chicco brand. Bought from Mothercare when they had promo. Abit regret coz heavy and not easy to clean.

apollo

LOL. Regina mummy, my boy same pattern as you. Always try to play with the spoon and bowl.

Juan mummy, he will stop fussing when I show him face. LOL. When he was ill I will sing to him to calm him. Sometimes my boy refuses to eat when he feels sleepy.
yes, ds will snatch the bowl! so i gonna pin him down 1st b4 feeding him. ka chew jian!!!

apollo

LOL. Coz I fierce fierce. When my hubby feeds my son, my son a lot of nonesense. Hahaha.

Yeah you can buy high chair. Ikea's one is not bad. Easy to clean and cheap. about $25 without the table I think.

My high chair is Chicco brand. Bought from Mothercare when they had promo. Abit regret coz heavy and not easy to clean.
is the ikea one good? cos mine is those highchair cum rocker 'bed'.. he slp in it since young and now we convert it into a highchair cos it is 2 in 1, got table.. but it is cloth type not those PVC, diffi to clean, must WASH -.-"""