Pls share ur baby cereal/porridge feeding time

apollo

diymummy: tt's y lo... if 'lucky' he will drink ard 800ml... haha..

autumn: really? lik tt i more fang xin liaoo.. cos tot ds drink too much later too fat.. haha..

autumn82

diymummy: that's why ... if 'lucky' he will drink around 800ml... haha..

autumn: really? lik that i more fang xin liaoo.. cos thought dear son drink too much later too fat.. haha..
:tlaugh:Yes, despite Iggy drinking that amt, he still not as chubby as his sister at that age. He's taking 3x 240ml and 1x 180ml so around 900ml daily.. :)

Don't worry, your darling is fine.. :p

fioncess

i dun even know how much my baby drinking. =( cos my mummy take care of her n i bf on weekends... i feed her 2 time cereal on weekend... after cereal drink milk.. but she dun really wan.. so now i make her drink milk first then eat cereal...
i wan to cook porriage n make puree but dunno how...
i dun even have a blender...
so stress....
if there any timetable or list that i can follow step by step so i wun be so lost???

diymummy

Hi Fioncess,

Making porridge is quite easy.. Don't be stressed :)

For now maybe you just replace 1 cereal feed with porridge and see how your girl adapts to it.

Time tables some of the mummies have listed above. If you need more help, feel free to ask. :)

Domique

9am - Breakfast : cereal/bread+yogurt/biscuits+yogurt/fruits puree
1pm - Snack : bread/yogurt/fruits/biscuits
2.30pm - Lunch : Porridge
4pm : if 2.30 snack time is missed due to his nap then snack time change to 4pm.
7.30pm : Dinner : Porridge if at home/cereal if go out

fioncess

4pm : if 2.30 snack time is missed due to his nap then snack time change to 4pm.
you baby dun drink milk??

Domique

milk time yes... he drinks about 600-800+ per day.
but he drinks about 6-8 times as he is a small drinker, oni 100-140ml per feed so trouble to state all the timing.

:p

Roughly the below:

4am - milk
7.30am - milk
10.30am - milk
2pm - milk
4/5pm - milk
9pm - milk

you baby dont drink milk??

autumn82

fiOn darling: Andrea still young, don't need to start that fast.. Maybe 5mths+ can start on cereal and purees. Or she started already? :p

If she started then can try her on porridge when she's 5mths+ coming 6mth. Agree with diymummy on that. For porridge, u can soak the rice so that the cooking time is faster. Don't fret.. pretty simple. It's the feeding part that is :err::err::err:

:001_302::001_302::001_302:

apollo

ytd ds's timing is:

7.40 - milk
10am - cereal
1pm - milk
3.15 - porridge
6.25 - milk
9.25 - milk

he drank total of ard 750ml of milk.. is tt okay??

autumn82

ytd dear son's timing is:

7.40 - milk
10am - cereal
1pm - milk
3.15 - porridge
6.25 - milk
9.25 - milk

he drank total of around 750ml of milk.. is that okay??
For the cereal and porridge u fed him, is the quantity alot?? How come don't feed 1/2 milk after it?

The quantity of milk should be fine. :)

apollo

For the cereal and porridge you fed him, is the quantity alot?? How come dont't feed 1/2 milk after it?

The quantity of milk should be fine. :)
can feed somemore milk? cos my cousin told me to 'replace' the milk feed. 1 soilid replace 1 milk feed.. btw i feed him 2.5 tablespn cereal and for porridge also ard tt amount...

autumn82

can feed somemore milk? cos my cousin told me to 'replace' the milk feed. 1 soilid replace 1 milk feed.. btw i feed him 2.5 tablespn cereal and for porridge also around that amount...
:err::err::err: is 2.5 tablespoons of cereal/porridge enough to substitute 1 milk feed?? :001_302::001_302::001_302:

I don't think so, that's why I always pump up with milk after his cereal/porridge when he was younger. All the way until he finished up 1 bowl then I gave him 1/2 milk.

Only when he turns 12mths+, I then dropped 1 milk feed. I still have 3&1/2 milk feeds now. Maybe I kiasee, he hungry at nite will disturb me, so I pump his tank up in the day. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Domique

i feel that milk is the most impt too....

always get stressed up when alaric dun drink enuff.... :p

nothing should replace milk when he is less than 1 yr old

apollo

get what u mummies mean! thks! just nw ds ate cereal at 10am and i juat gave him milk at 11.15am and amazingly, he can finished 180ml!!! haha..

fioncess

get what you mummies mean! thks! just now dear son ate cereal at 10am and i juat gave him milk at 11.15am and amazingly, he can finished 180ml!!! haha..
i more stress.. andrea dun like milk..
she love eating..
she start when 4 mth old..
now she eat porriage, cereal, fruit, egg yolk, bread...

autumn82

i more stress.. andrea dont like milk..
she love eating..
she start when 4 month old..
now she eat porriage, cereal, fruit, egg yolk, bread...
If she doesn't really like to drink, u gotta include more calcium and protein foods in her diet.. so at least can supplement. But ya, agree milk is pretty impt during the 1st year.

autumn82

get what you mummies mean! thks! just now dear son ate cereal at 10am and i juat gave him milk at 11.15am and amazingly, he can finished 180ml!!! haha..
Good to hear that.. Ya, I was amazed abt it as well when I tried Iggy on it. :tlaugh:But must slowly gauge the timing, usually I'll give milk 60-90mins after food.. :p

apollo

Good to hear that.. Ya, I was amazed about it as well when I tried Iggy on it. :tlaugh:But must slowly gauge the timing, usually I'll give milk 60-90mins after food.. :p
later his next feed is ard 2.15 but now the porridge is not ready yet! waopiang slow cooker really v slow!!! cos i intend to give him porridge then aft tt maybe 90ml milk.. haha..