Pneumococcal Jab

cendrine

I know this is an optional vaccination.
I am thinking if I shld get my DD this jab.
Is it necessary ?

Any advise ?

stonston

I will be sending my boi to take this jab when he is going to playschool....at the moment his 'risk' is rather low, doc advised dunnid to give yet....

Crashz

ya, just had my DD this jab as he is going to nursery class next year. Recommended to have this jab after 2 years,if not younger baby will need 3 jabs!! and eacj jab cost the same!!! too ex and painful.....

LoVeS

so u mean if the bb stay at hm tis kind of jab is unnecessary rite? I am tinking if i should get my ds haf the jab or not sia.

Carol

so u mean if the bb stay at hm tis kind of jab is unnecessary rite? I am tinking if i should get my ds haf the jab or not sia.
Loves , I'd advise try to give when your Ds is older . At least 1 year old . At such a young age , they need take more than 2 jabs . Which is veri uncomfortable for them , not to mention that pneumococcal jabs are not cheap . Im going to give my Ds when he's 1 year old .

Carol

I think it's necessary . Since there's something to protect your child , why take the risk .

stonston

doc told me my boi's 'risk' is low cos he doesnt hang out with many kids n those kids dun go to school also (which means they also got low risk of picking it up)....

i'm gonna wait till he is ard 14mths then let him take since i intend to enrol him into playschool once he is 18mths :)

spottycow

I gave the jab to my boy when he was 4 and the girl when she was 2. They say the risk of getting meningitis/pneumonia in Singapore is very low, thats why it is not compulsory to get this jab. But I m not taking any chances because these illnesses could be fatal or cause lifelong disabilities. So what is $200 (can't remember the exact amt) for a peace of mind?

Carol

I gave the jab to my boy when he was 4 and the girl when she was 2. They say the risk of getting meningitis/pneumonia in Singapore is very low, thats why it is not compulsory to get this jab. But I m not taking any chances because these illnesses could be fatal or cause lifelong disabilities. So what is $200 (can't remember the exact amt) for a peace of mind?
If Im not wrong , it's $150 for a jab .

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
We gave all three of our kids the jab at the reccommedation of a gp that we respected. They only needed one jab each. At the moment, we're erring on the side of caution especially in the area of health.

siah_kate

I brought my gal for the jab last month and the doc charges me $168. If im not wrong 2 jabs for below 2 yrs old and 3 jabs for below 1yr old. After which i think its one jab.
Pneumo can be alot more dangerous than rota virus infection i heard. Not taking any chance though cos when they are sick we will be tire out too... not easy to be a mother now...

Pink daisy

I gave mine just recently when he's at his 3 mths coz I bring them everywhere including traveling (kiasu lah :shyxxx:) some more he's a premature.
Actually many kind of pneumococcal bacteries, these one just prevent some (not all) only, if you want to be even more kiasu opt for 5-in-1; it has some protection for the brain also beside meningitis.

Was charged $192 plus consultation at Dr.Sim @ Elias.

maine78

Loves , I'd advise try to give when your Ds is older . At least 1 year old . At such a young age , they need take more than 2 jabs . Which is veri uncomfortable for them , not to mention that pneumococcal jabs are not cheap . Im going to give my Ds when he's 1 year old .
same here. i'll be giving him the jab when my ds turns 1yr.