Poor appetite, feel thirsty often..

decollette

Hi mummies,

I'm now into my 33 weeks and dun feel hungry most of the time. Not that I have a big appetite to start with for this pregnancy.. but into third tri, I feel like tummy feels heavy and tight, no space for food.. esp dinner. Thus, forced myself to eat a lil everytime. Also, I always feel thirsty and in need of cold drink.
Anyone experiencing this?
Also, i realised like not really putting on weight..though i have gained 10.5 kg so far.
Last checkup was almost a month ago.. baby's growth and weight is fine.. should i be worried?

TIA!

Phoebii Cheng

Hi mummies,

I'm now into my 33 weeks and dont feel hungry most of the time. Not that I have a big appetite to start with for this pregnancy.. but into third tri, I feel like tummy feels heavy and tight, no space for food.. esp dinner. Thus, forced myself to eat a lil everytime. Also, I always feel thirsty and in need of cold drink.
Also, i realised like not really putting on weight..though i have gained 10.5 kg so far.
Last checkup was almost a month ago.. baby's growth and weight is fine.. should i be worried?

TIA!
Hi

I think if your bb's growth and weight is fine and u hv gained adequate weight in accordance to ur gynae, I think u shd not be worried at all.....

You are in ur 3rd tri naturally u will feel tightness and heavy cos ur bb hv grown.....as for the thirtsy could it be due to ur salt intake/ and also poor appetite could it be due to ur hormones? what did ur gynae say abt this?

canisque

Hi mummies,

I'm now into my 33 weeks and dun feel hungry most of the time. Not that I have a big appetite to start with for this pregnancy.. but into third tri, I feel like tummy feels heavy and tight, no space for food.. esp dinner. Thus, forced myself to eat a lil everytime. Also, I always feel thirsty and in need of cold drink.

TIA!
i feel the same like you also. thirsty more than hungry and always prefer cold water although before pregnant im not so into cold drinks. i don't think you have to worry if your gynae says that your baby is of the right weight. im in my 36 wk, naturally thin but have gained about 12 kg already. baby so far so good. average size. just make sure you do eat something even if not alot but perhaps more frequent?

decollette

Hi

I think if your baby's growth and weight is fine and you have gained adequate weight in accordance to your gynae, I think you should not be worried at all.....

You are in your 3rd tri naturally you will feel tightness and heavy cos your baby have grown.....as for the thirtsy could it be due to your salt intake/ and also poor appetite could it be due to your hormones? what did your gynae say about this?
hmm i only felt appetite poor since abt 2 to 3 weeks ago.. Will ask gynae abt this at next checkup which is soon. Didnt know being thirsty could be high salt intake,better watch what i eat from now on, thanks! Just cant help being thirsty, even as im typin now..

decollette

i feel the same like you also. thirsty more than hungry and always prefer cold water although before pregnant im not so into cold drinks. i dont't think you have to worry if your gynae says that your baby is of the right weight. im in my 36 wk, naturally thin but have gained about 12 kg already. baby so far so good. average size. just make sure you do eat something even if not alot but perhaps more frequent?
hi my baby also of average weight everytime gynae measured.. Im not that thin but weight only piled on in my second tri. Yup must make sure to eat something every few hrs even if not hungry. Wow u are already in your 36 weeks, popping soon.. All the best to u :)

diymummy

Hi mummies,

I'm now into my 33 weeks and dont feel hungry most of the time. Not that I have a big appetite to start with for this pregnancy.. but into third tri, I feel like tummy feels heavy and tight, no space for food.. esp dinner. Thus, forced myself to eat a lil everytime. Also, I always feel thirsty and in need of cold drink.

TIA!
It can be normal not to feel hungry as the baby starts to press on your tummy and you may also feel that you need to go to the toilet more often as the baby presses on your bladder.

Do try to feed yourself nutritiously and you can opt for many meals a day instead of the 3 main meals.

Putting on 10.5 kg since start of pregnancy is good weight gain. If your gynae checked that your baby's growth and weight is fine, there should be nothing to worry abt.

But don't skip meals as baby would still require nutrients to pack up before she is born.

shiyi

im only always hungry when i entered the 3rd tri.. only take cold drinks thruout the whole pregnancy.. dun worry bout the weight gain cos i only gained 10kg

mrsmorgan

ive always been skinny so when i found out that im preg, i was actually looking fwd to gaining a little weight.. haha! but till now ive only gained ard 10kg which i think only goes to my baby bump n cheeks n maybe a little to my boobs.. :tlaugh:

gynae said that it's fine cuz what's important is that baby is growing healthily.. n yes, i also cant eat much these days n im always thirsty n only cold drinks seem to quench my thirst! i also hav a habit of eating ice cubes! hubs is always scolding me sayin that all those cold stuff might lead to bb having asthma n frequent colds but i just cant help myself especially in this weather!! =(

maiz

Hi mummies,

TIA!
Hi decollete...

i'm exactly in the same situation as u too..am now gg into 36wks will be gg for c-sec in about 2wks time and nowadays cant eat much even if i want to cos i think really got no space at all and am thirsty from the moment i wake up til i sleep no matter how much i drink and yes i need to drink s'thing cold to quench the thirst too. dun worry too much cos as long as baby's growth is doing well and is avg then e'thing will be fine. and dun worry too much about drinking cold drinks means bb might get asthma cos i think our core temp is so hot that by the time the cold drink reaches bb its super warm already hehe :)

do try to eat small meals...even if its just fruits..i find that eating fruits taht are high in water content also helps quench the thirst...like apple or oranges...esp straight from the fridge :) take care!!

decollette

Hi decollete...

i'm exactly in the same situation as you too..am now gg into 36wks will be gg for c-sec in about 2wks time and nowadays cant eat much even if i want to cos i think really got no space at all and am thirsty from the moment i wake up til i sleep no matter how much i drink and yes i need to drink s'thing cold to quench the thirst too. dont worry too much cos as long as baby's growth is doing well and is avg then e'thing will be fine. and dont worry too much about drinking cold drinks means baby might get asthma cos i think our core temp is so hot that by the time the cold drink reaches baby its super warm already hehe :)

do try to eat small meals...even if its just fruits..i find that eating fruits taht are high in water content also helps quench the thirst...like apple or oranges...esp straight from the fridge :) take care!!

im also goin for csect! But roughly in a month's time.. i also eat oranges..they are juicy and can quench thirst. seems like alot of mummies here take cold drinks. hubby also like to scold me when he sees me drinking from the fridge :eek: and like to ask me why no cravings all the time:err: feel body so warm too.. like my palms and back always generating heat.

maiz

im also goin for csect! But roughly in a month's time.. i also eat oranges..they are juicy and can quench thirst. seems like alot of mummies here take cold drinks. hubby also like to scold me when he sees me drinking from the fridge :eek: and like to ask me why no cravings all the time:err: feel body so warm too.. like my palms and back always generating heat.
where will u be having ur csec??i'll be at gleneagles...cant wait to have him out hehehe...yea i realise cos our body temp is so hot that having cold drinks is the only thing that makes me feel cool. my hubby also dun like me to take cold drinks but he not here at the moment so he cant really 'scold' me tehehe..

haha cold drinks. i drank mos burger's ice lemon tea almost everyday when i was pregnant. everyday was like oven hot, so dont tell me to drink hot drinks! ~lol lucky u - i couldnt tolerate ANY acidic stuff. i ordered ice lemon tea without the lemon. wahahhaa. when i was in my 3rd trimester, i ate only 2 small meals a day. the acid reflux and indigestion was really HELLISH. but ok since gynae said baby's weight is increasing and healthy, i wasnt too worried.

good luck when u go into confinement later on. lol. still feel sweaty and hot everyday. never like air con but it has become my best buddy. hubby really not happy with me taking cold drinks. ok.... so far ive been a good girl.... 1 more week to go...

decollette

where will you be having your csec??i'll be at gleneagles...cant wait to have him out hehehe...yea i realise cos our body temp is so hot that having cold drinks is the only thing that makes me feel cool. my hubby also dont like me to take cold drinks but he not here at the moment so he cant really 'scold' me tehehe..
Hi maiz, I'm delivering at tmc.. will be opting for the half conscious csect. Mine also a boy :) yea can't wait to meet him but at the same time feel apprehensive le.. about the op, coping with a newborn (i'm first time parent)..so scary.

pineappletart: U doing confinement now? We've hired a confinement nanny mostly to help with the baby. Heard confinement can only have hot milo, longan drink etc. and no bath/shower. I will still shower and stay in air con room cos i think being comfortable is very impt.

i drink hot milo in the morning, plain water whole day, at night... hee... cold fresh milk. first few days i kept drinking longan red date drink but too much i buay tahan and got sick of it. haiz... cny we bought only yeo's red date longan drink. haha. thats the best thing we can do, cause if we buy soft drink, hubby know i'll defiintely drink secretly. my mil fraked out when she saw a fan blowing at me. LOL. your right lo, being comfy is very important. i read somewhere saying confinement is for ppl living in cold winter areas. we in tropical island also need to follow strictly ??? i just follow strictly with the tonics stuff.

i also shower and wash hair every day. so HOT n sweaty, pls lorr! lol. but in herbal baths. :( no use using fragrant bath gel or soap or shampoo. cause in the end, will still smell like tea bags. r u going to get those tea bags too?

Last edited:

maiz

Hi maiz, I'm delivering at Thomson Medical Center.. will be opting for the half conscious csect. Mine also a boy :) yea can't wait to meet him but at the same time feel apprehensive .. about the op, coping with a newborn (i'm first time parent)..so scary.

pineappletart: you doing confinement now? We've hired a confinement nanny mostly to help with the baby. Heard confinement can only have hot milo, longan drink etc. and no bath/shower. I will still shower and stay in air con room cos i think being comfortable is very impt.
im also opting for the half conscious csect hehe...want to be able to hear his cry and to see him when he's fresh out of the oven so to speak. yea me too..mine is drawing really near and feel really excited but at the same time feel so overwhelming. guess can only take one day/step at a time and try not to think too much about it. im also a first time mum so am getting a confinement lady..(hopefully)..had some problems with the one i engaged so now have to try and find another one at the last min...but no choice. really cant cope on my own esp with a csect. i am def gg to shower still cos i think its more of basic hygiene for me and baby. dun think my bb will like me much if im smelly too right? and yes air con will most prob be my best fren during that 1mth esp in this weather :)

decollette

i drink hot milo in the morning, plain water whole day, at night... hee... cold fresh milk. first few days i kept drinking longan red date drink but too much i buay tahan and got sick of it. sigh... cny we bought only yeo's red date longan drink. haha. thats the best thing we can do, cause if we buy soft drink, hubby know i'll defiintely drink secretly. my mother in law fraked out when she saw a fan blowing at me. LOL. your right , being comfy is very important. i read somewhere saying confinement is for ppl living in cold winter areas. we in tropical island also need to follow strictly ??? i just follow strictly with the tonics stuff.

i also shower and wash hair every day. so HOT n sweaty, pls lorr! lol. but in herbal baths. :( no use using fragrant bath gel or soap or shampoo. cause in the end, will still smell like tea bags. r you going to get those tea bags too?

Huh what are those tea bags? Never heard of and doubt i will be getting any. I also think the confinement rules are for those in very cold countries where they will be afraid that the cold will seep into their pores and cause probs later on. I will still shower esp sweaty, but at least with warm water.. maybe only wash hair every 2 days and make sure to blow dry quickly, thats all. :)

Maiz: me too! Half conscious c sect will allow hubby to join me in the room so we can both witness his arrival. Yeap trying not to think too much about the aftermath of c sect pains but cant help reading all the posts about it! All the best to u :)

maiz

Huh what are those tea bags? Never heard of and doubt i will be getting any. I also think the confinement rules are for those in very cold countries where they will be afraid that the cold will seep into their pores and cause probs later on. I will still shower esp sweaty, but at least with warm water.. maybe only wash hair every 2 days and make sure to blow dry quickly, thats all. :)

Maiz: me too! Half conscious c sect will allow hubby to join me in the room so we can both witness his arrival. Yeap trying not to think too much about the aftermath of c sect pains but cant help reading all the posts about it! All the best to you :)
haha me too..as scared as i am i still go and read the older threads about c-sect but i guess better to know than not to know cos at least wont feel so overwhelmed on the day if u know roughly wat might be happening. did u buy a tummy binder? i read from some mummies here that it really helps after a c-sec. i bought one fr my gynae..u can consider if u havent bought one yet. take care and look forward to the arrival of ur bundle of joy.:Dancing_wub: