porridge

joanneang

hi mommies,i will be giving my boy porridge next week,can i give him fish or just vegi for starting?can i give brocorri??

Phyllis15

I think its purely up to you as long as you introduce one new food at a time to ensure there is no allergy and the food is evenly pureed for the baby to swallow esp fish & meat. I personally use the double boil method to prepare the porridge but you might want to put every thing in the blender after cooking, which is easier.

isabelandrew

Go for one item first. Wait for 4 days to see any obvious reaction. Some said fish is allergic but I started fish porridge. Fish has high level of dha. But i use threadfin fish. Steam and then mash with spoon until it is very smooth. I use organic rice and cook in the slow cooker. It taste better and smoother. Then add the mashed fish and there my dot has been taking it since 10 mths. Broccoli can cause gas if u dun mind. Try heng cai?

These are the combination of food i have been using for porridge and surprisingly the porridge tastes good.

Try
1.Spinach/Kailan/Caixin, carrot and fish/pork porridge.
2. Carrot, potato, fish/pork porridge
3. Carrot, maize/corn, pork and fish porridge

Any of the above combi seems to work for me everyday. According to the paediatrician, recommended to take 2 types of meat everyday so i started to add both pork and threadfin/cod fish together in porridge after my gal turns 7th months old. Also i use shortgrain rice coz it softens faster.
Have not started chicken on her coz i feel chicken has more hormones/antibiotics kind of stuff unless its kampong chicken i guess.

Little moomoo

apollo

intro 1 food at a time and follow the 4-day-rule. when ds was 6mth old i started giving him porridge. and also threadfin. sometimes only plain porridge with homemade pumpkin puree. when he is slightly older, den i started to give him spinach den slowly 'upgrade' to broccoli.