Potty Training

ling.er

Hi Mummy, How big did you start to potty Train ur children ?

HW to potty Train, Please kindly share with me. As my Son is alrd 19Month.. Was thinking to teach him. I did bought the Potty but he wasfear to sit on it ><"

ast0212

Looks like we're in together on this :)

I'm starting to potty train my son too. He is 21 months now but we have been so busy that we haven't really done a lot to train him. He doesn't like to wear nappies much anymore and he knows he has a potty and pretends to pee and poo in it (but still hasn't). Sometimes we put him in underwear instead of nappies so he can feel wet if he pees, and also so we can pull them down easily to bring him to pee... so far no success peeing in the potty but he does know when he pees and poos and will tell us.

They learn by imitation as well so let your son see you on the toilet and tell him you're peeing or pooing...they get the idea :)

ling.er

I bought a training pant for him, but haven let him try yet..
Once i let him wear undies & did keep asking him wan shhh shhh anot then he jus shake his head.. When he play half way the weeee jus flow out then he stil can stand there eeeeeee ><"

ast0212

I bought a training pant for him, but haven let him try yet..
Once i let him wear undies & did keep asking him wan shhh shhh anot then he jus shake his head.. When he play half way the weeee jus flow out then he stil can stand there eeeeeee ><"
hahaha my son likes to stamp in his pee to make it splash! Or like yesterday he went to try to help me clean it up with a paper towel so he had pee all over his hands :|

Is your son showing signs of being ready for potty training? Here's a great article by Pinky McKay on potty training:

Potty Training - Tips for Potty Time Success

Try to time his pee, like after the first pee of the morning, give him water to drink and about half an hour later bring him to the potty and encourage him to pee.. If nothing try 10 or 5 minutes later till he does.

ling.er

Hi,

Thank for the articals, But im a full time mummy. Currently Mother in Law was helping me to look after. I able to train him on weekend Only..

hahaha my son likes to stamp in his pee to make it splash! Or like yesterday he went to try to help me clean it up with a paper towel so he had pee all over his hands :|

Is your son showing signs of being ready for potty training? Here's a great article by Pinky McKay on potty training:

Potty Training - Tips for Potty Time Success

Try to time his pee, like after the first pee of the morning, give him water to drink and about half an hour later bring him to the potty and encourage him to pee.. If nothing try 10 or 5 minutes later till he does.

Hi mummies

I wonder if any mummies get their boys to use toilet bowl to pee or use potty?

My boy(2.5yrs) will pee in the potty, as I find it difficult to let him use the toilet bowl. I need to carry him and the urine will go everywhere.

Any ideas?

raeka

My child is use the Ikea Steps Stool and pee in the toilet bowl.
u can try , provided ur child is able to stand firmly .. mine is i ask go with him until he is steady then he go himself.

lyra

My 3 month old just poo poo into the potty! I did part time elimination communication. Had him in nappy for a few hours in the afternoon. Managed to catch a shee shee and a poo poo today.

snowee

My gal 2yrs old just dun want to pee or poo in the potty or toilet.... When i bring her there, she sure said dun want and ran away or cry if i hold her to sit down :( help help.. how to train huh?? Will they automatically know how to do it when they are 3yrs old?

Mine is already potty trained, but the only prob is that she is able to go toilet to pee but when she wana poo, she will insist on wearing diaper and poo in it. I duno why she is so reluctant to poo in the toilet...any mummies had the same experience??

ling.er

Try.. But fail again... Dun like to sit on potty.. Even My mother in law bring him a tub tell him to Weeee he dun wan lo.. Remove the tub already then he Weee out ><"

Anyone use e 3 day potty training mtd b4? Any tips if e child refuse to sit @ potty? Just started @ day 1 & it is pure hell. Sigh DS peeing n pooing everywhere but potty. Will cry when we try to put him. Ok to sit only after we clean him up after pee/pooing....how?

ling.er

Same as mine lo.. I try using training pant & also keep telling him Wee wee & poo poo must tell mummy but the moment i saw him stand there 1min i knw he wan Wee laio rush to carry him to toilet/potty alrady too late... Wee off lei...

** Try many way already !
- place him on potty - cry n yell
- put sticker on potty, try to play with him & slowly place him - cry & yell
- Give him biscuit/sweet then trick him to sit - run away ><"

Anyone use e 3 day potty training mtd b4? Any tips if e child refuse to sit @ potty? Just started @ day 1 & it is pure hell. Sigh DS peeing n pooing everywhere but potty. Will cry when we try to put him. Ok to sit only after we clean him up after pee/pooing....how?

MamabbJ

Hi mummies,

Many thanks for all the tips, the articles and also all the funny experiences shared about your kids/babies. I will go thru them in more detail again. Makes me feel I am "not alone" in this.

My son is 14.5 mths old now. He was "sort of" potty trained by nanny at about 8 months. He could poo-poo in the potty but not pee in it yet. The strange thing is that: he will poopoo in the potty at the nanny's place (usually after breaksfast in the mornings) but refuses to do so at home. We use the potty with the same colour and size as the nanny's but still he hates to poopoo in the potty at home!! Why? I don't really know...
At home when we put him on the potty he kicks up a fuss and the poopoo time becomes erratic. What to do, huh?

ling.er

Maybe he use to it to the PLACE ( HOUSE ) My thinking is he is been potty train over nanny place that y like ba !!

So far my 21Month like tat stil duno hw to lo.. already wet the pant wan lolx..

Hi mummies,

Many thanks for all the tips, the articles and also all the funny experiences shared about your kids/babies. I will go thru them in more detail again. Makes me feel I am "not alone" in this.

My son is 14.5 mths old now. He was "sort of" potty trained by nanny at about 8 months. He could poo-poo in the potty but not pee in it yet. The strange thing is that: he will poopoo in the potty at the nanny's place (usually after breaksfast in the mornings) but refuses to do so at home. We use the potty with the same colour and size as the nanny's but still he hates to poopoo in the potty at home!! Why? I don't really know...
At home when we put him on the potty he kicks up a fuss and the poopoo time becomes erratic. What to do, huh?

hey been some time ... just wanna check any mummies here made any progress?
Managed to get my son to sit on potty - distracted him wif <iphone>... but worked only twice, he sat quite long abt 15mins then peed into potty. I suppose it's cheating a bit since I made sure he drank plenty milk/water before abt 1/2 hr before.

Now it doesn't work liao... think he's become smart. Suspect he quickly pee beforehand into his diaper before I take it out. Now he just happy to sit long long on potty diaperless & play wif my phone (but no peeing!)...sianzzzz....

Ekari

hey been some time ... just wanna check any mummies here made any progress?
Managed to get my son to sit on potty - distracted him wif <iphone>... but worked only twice, he sat quite long abt 15mins then peed into potty. I suppose it's cheating a bit since I made sure he drank plenty milk/water before abt 1/2 hr before.

Now it doesn't work liao... think he's become smart. Suspect he quickly pee beforehand into his diaper before I take it out. Now he just happy to sit long long on potty diaperless & play wif my phone (but no peeing!)...sianzzzz....
You should never trick your child in the first place. I mean it's okay in a sense for a short term solution. Mine takes awhile to adapt too. Goodluck with that ><

MamabbJ

I have some progress, finally! At 15.5 months my boy is willing to sit on the potty when he needs to poop -- need to watch him for the signs... eg. he will stand very still usually after a meal. Then I will quickly settle him down on the potty, calmly and with a toy to let him play in his hands.

At 16 months, he is willing to "wee-wee" into the potty in a standing position -- we let him go without diapers during the day (except during sleeping time) and will bring the potty to him to "wee-wee" every 30-45 mins. He gets the cue when we bring the potty and whistle for him!
:wesmile:

ast0212

MamabbJ that's wonderful your son is making good progress, and at such a young age too!

I started potty training my son again last month after a 3 month break and the first time I put him back on the potty he pee'd!! I was pretty surprised. It's been going well since then, with a few accidents usually when he is too busy playing. Getting him to poo is difficult at times which makes him constipated so we're working on that....and he prefers to sit down to pee. He'll get it eventually. Now it's nappies only for nap and night time and he'll ask for nappy if he is finding it hard to poo.

ling.er

My still FAIL after rest then try again.. He will take the potty & play instead of sitting there & Wee or Poo @@