Pregnancy Yoga

littlerat

Heard that there is this kind of yoga meant for woman during pregnancy, is that true?
I tried to find those VCD so that I can do it at home, but can't find any.
Anyone saw or know about this, please advise.
Thanks

toeneil

i saw a book in popular bookshop on yoga for pregnant woman... but hubby forbids me to buy.. $5.90 only... hardcover

CanCanMum

Heard that there is this kind of yoga meant for woman during pregnancy, is that true?
I tried to find those VCD so that I can do it at home, but can't find any.
Anyone saw or know about this, please advise.
Thanks
YES!

If i'm not wrong its actually called Pilates, and they have pregnancy and post-pregnancy pilates.

It focuses on training your pelvic muscles to prevent incontinence, and helps during labour and delivery.

U can find them at most VCD shops.

Theres a section on Pilates too, in this forum by the Editor, Endoh in the Press Room.

V

valeriegoh

Can go to a class at Tanglin Mall.. almost went(registered and everything) but in the end got lazy so decided to just do my own light exercises at home, hee.

Pinkliciouz

I was asking my Gynae about doing Yoga and she encouraged me to do exercises. She was telling me, actually pregnant woman should do light exercises. We should build up some muscles so that when we go into labour, we have the strength to endure until our baby comes out.

I was reading books and all the books recommends doing exercises cos some mothers, they don't have the strength, and before the baby comes out, they don't have the strength to push anymore, so the labour prolongs and it becomes more difficult for the mothers.

But must always check with our Gynae to get the greenlight cos some pregnant woman may not be suitable for exercises at all...

Yuhua

I know of one exceptional prenatal yoga instructor. I personally benefited plenty from her. I wrote about her in another discussions topic on prenatal yoga as well. If anyone of you wanna try prenatal yoga, you definitely must give her classes a try. wink wink..Look for WarWar @ 93362556.

Carlisle

Yoga is very great for the pregnant woman, Yoga work wonders on your health and capability to have smooth pregnancy... It can help to have a healthy baby...

lyra

Hi mummies, do we need to bring along our own yoga mat for trial classes? Coz I signed up for trial only, not sure whether to continue so dunno whether shd buy my own yoga mat.

lyra

I've attended a yoga session at Mother and Child. It's Relaxing and fun. I feel energized after a session. If not for the long distance btw Tanglin Mall n my home, I'll sign up! Btw, no need to bring yoga mat. They will provide. There r also comfy cushions n blankets.