Pregnant and yet smoking

Ting

i dun smoke.
but i think, the key to succeed to quit smoking when u r pregnant is to think of your baby.
if u want your baby to be healthy n all, just QUIT.
it's a strong motivation.

Ah Cheng

Ya. I also take this chance to ask my husband to quit smoking.

This is a good time for you to quit smoking. Always think for your baby first. It will be a good motivation factor to quit smoking.
No more excuses on delaying to quit. Do it now.

leey

Yes, smoking is not good for human,
and our local government are preparing to make an law of a fine of hk1500,if offenders take smoking at the public estate zone, which is not allowed for smoking.Maybe be effective at next year.

tiziana

i was smoking before i was pregnant & when im pregnant, i totally stopped smoking for the sake of my baby.

I cannot bear to harm my baby so just try to stop smoking as soon as possible. It will benefit you & your baby =)

yup. was smoking 1 pack / 2 days. the minute i tested preggy positive, completely stopped.

was hard first few days but after that i don't even think about it.

i can never forgive myself if anything happens to my bb - his time in the womb is incredibly important & it is our responsibilities as parents to ensure we give our kids the best possible start to life.

but now stopped bf already liao so back to my beloved sticks! :tlaugh:

SunShine07

yup. was smoking 1 pack / 2 days. the minute i tested preggy positive, completely stopped.

was hard first few days but after that i don't even think about it.

i can never forgive myself if anything happens to my bb - his time in the womb is incredibly important & it is our responsibilities as parents to ensure we give our kids the best possible start to life.
Totally agreed with you. Was a smoker before pregnant but stopped totally once pregnant even after that, just dun have the urge to smoke got sick of the smell.

Just imagine u inhale those tobacco and your baby also inhale it in too......it is bad for adult's lung, baby lagi worst.....

I have a friend who is a very heavy smoker. she smokes marl red pkt. She is also heavy coffee drinker. She still carry on with it throughout her pregnancy. Asked her why, she said not able to quit....told her that it will surely effect the development of the baby brain and lung and so on......but she just simply dun care. I find that she is so selfish and i feel kind of sad for the unborn baby.

After that, she give birth to a normal baby gal.....she brag and said 'the baby is find le' .....

Well, tha baby might not have anything wrong now, but in future??? As for me, i know it will surely somehow effect the health of the child be it now or future......

so please quit smoking for the sake of your beloved baby......

January84

yup,I know of a gal who is in a relationship to my DH friend, who continue to smoke(alot) and drink (alot) like she is not pregnent, she give birth successfully in Dec 06 but her son died in Feb 07, the report says the cause was something to do with lungs, . . .

anyway, she wont care de la, she got so many children with diff guys, crime cases, on and off jail... 乱七八槽 . . .

so if u really care, you should try all means to quit it.

For my case, I quit once I was preggy cos the tobacco smell irritates me suddenly, hate that smell, so from then on till now, non-smoker liao. =)
Maybe u can try to take hacks (black) one whenevery u have craving for cig. . . that works for my dad, hope u can do it too. =)

Last edited:

CynCyn

1st pregnancy I stopped after 3months and resume smoking after I give birth .
2nd pregnancy I stopped after a few weeks upon learning my pregnancy . Cut down to 1 stick a day until completely tobacco free .
Feel very guilty as well , for the sake of baby health .
And my dunno why for both pregnancy i can't finish smoking 1 whole stick i feel like vomitting and can't stand the taste as well .
But my mouth really very gao wei lo , must keep chewing sweet or tidbits .

V

valeriegoh

It's definitely not easy. I keep baby in mind for motivation whenever the urge kicks in.

werxbabe

I was a heavy smoker too..first mth of pregnancy cut down to one stick followed by a few puffs..thereafter I chewed on Nicotine Gums and somehow it helps to refrain me frm smoking

angelwendy

I used to be a very heavy smoker also.. have been smoking for 11 years already.....until i found out that i'm pregnant... starting is always hard cause is so suddenly u have to change ur lifestyle... but i feel so bad when i smoke... cause i know it will sure harm my baby in other ways... then i quit totally... my hubby was very happy that i can give up smoking for the sake of our baby.. i know is hard.. but u gotta try a hard as u can...

But i tell hubby is that i cannot promise him that i wont smoke back after the birth of our baby... but i will try to stay out totally... i think is a matter of give & take....

meiteoh

Hey, just to add...don't just think about your baby. Think about yourself and people around you.

Women who smoke age faster as smoking affects their skin, hair, teeth and nails AND it also affects calcium absorption. This means you stand a higher chance of getting osteoporosis in your old age. Not only that, you also stand a higher chance of getting stroke and cancer.

If you don't care about yourself, then at least think about those around you. Lung cancer is not just a killer for yourself BUT it hurts and kills your family members. My friend's father died from lung cancer and my friend had to quit her job to take care of him only to put up with him abusing her all the time till his dying day. Then she found out that her mum also had lung cancer. Imagine having to take care of both your parents and watching them suffer, become shells of what they used to be, change before your eyes and then die. Is that what you want for your children or spouse?

My dad used to be a smoker but he quit when I was born and cold turkey style. His motivation? Money. :p

I believe if you love your family, you'll do what's best for them (and yourself).

munchkin2926

Is there anyone out there who is pregnant and yet smoking? Have you thought of quitting and how to success?
hi..honestly i still smoke for the first 2 months of my prenancy but not evryday ! i took one or two stick a week . I stop totally after 2 mths of pregnancy till now . In fact no more temptation at all . I even hate the smell of cigarette ! But its best if you could stop totally after knowing your pregnant .. For baby's sake =D

Meowmeow123

Is there anyone out there who is pregnant and yet smoking? Have you thought of quitting and how to success?
I quit smoking due to MS, as it makes me more giddy and very uncomfortable.
i had withdrawal whereby i dream that i was really enjoying the feeling of smoking... and i had the same dream 3 times in 2 weeks.

After that i no more symptoms and urge to smoke anymore.

As for hubby, he swap to a Electronic nicotine replacement device which help him to stop smoking. good for us, both smoke free now.

Good luck and Jia you!!

maine78

I'm a heavy smoker. 1st pregnancy i stopped at 1.5mths. 2nd pregnancy, i stopped 2 days after i know i'm pregnant. After ms kicks in, you will find yourself escaping frm cig smoke.

1st trimester dun smoke coz it's just so unstable. Think for the bb and you will be able to quit.

simiko

for me i quit as soon as i found out i am pregnant.. very determine.... my husband smoke also but he only smoke when i am not around or go to the toilet to smoke.. trying to get to to quit completely... i dun like the idea of parents smoking infront of children.. like set bad example like tt.. so i quit and wan mt husband to quit also.. :001_302:

xue

For me 1st pregnancy i stop but took a few puffs at times when my friends arnd me smoke.. But it was very rare...
After that i smoke again..
2nd pregnancy, i totally stop until now as im still bfing my girl. Just think of your little one and you will stop. Jiayou!

TANZHENZHI

I'm not a smoker but i think it's always good to have your child in mind and it motivate you to stop smoking. Jia you to all mummies who are trying hard to quit smoking. It's a good things for everyone. :Dancing_wub: