Pregnant can drink cold water/ice cream?

shopaholic

I took both during pregnancy. Honestly, I cant do without cold drinks so I took drinks like orange juice, ice lemon tea and ice milo which is my fav! I also took Ben & Jerry's ice-cream... :p I hv heard of taking cold stuff as making kids prone to asthma, but never hard in delivering. Anyway, not true lah... all my kids are fine.

The key is take everything in moderation.

Fiona73

Take whatever you crave for. I am on coke for my first 3 months. This was that I told my inlaw: If I dun fulfill my craving, next time baby keep drooling how?

Pinkliciouz

The pantang saying is that when pregnant woman takes cold drinks/food, the baby's lungs won't be very strong. The baby will have asthma/constant cough and stuffs...

Doctor's advise is not to take coke/coffee/tea/chocolate as they contain caffeine... So when you take it, you will realise your baby don't want to sleep and will keep kicking you... That's why usually doctor's will advise pregnant woman to skip caffeine, otherwise the baby's constant movement will affect the mother's rest.

I know alot of people who takes coffee everyday throughout their pregnancy and their baby also came out healthy, no issues at all...

Think just have to take in moderation, and there shouldn't be any problem lah... Initially my hubby also don't give me any, but the weather so hot, so now he also let me take cold drinks and ice-cream, but cannot too frequent...

SH74

IMO, everything in moderation. those food that r not v good (e.g. caffeine) try not to take so much. if really crave, den take in moderation. totally cant eat wat u crave for, v tormenting 1 leh.

IceQueenie

Hmm.. I also take cold drinks and ice cream leh...

Cold drinks - Everyday.. Really cannot survive without cold drinks.. esp when our body temperature is always so high now..

Ice cream - Moderation..

fern

i drank cold water everyday, till the day of delivery.

was never a coffee drinker, so didn't have to worry about coffee thou. Gynae told me to skip coffee. I actually specifically asked if i can drink cold coke, and he said it is ok :p

Jofeny

i asked this question to my gynae before.

She is ok with cold water and ice cream, but just got to becareful where is the source of it..

the main concern is the bateria in the food (same idea as eating raw food).. Ice, whether the ice has been handled properly? Because there are still some places where they use sharp object to pierce the ice and serve customers (instead of ice cubes) and during the preparation of the "ice", it might be contaminated..

mommysnake

I try to avoid too much cold drinks during the early stage of pregnancy..I'm now 8mths+..i took some esp during hot weather.I have sweet tooth and crave for ice cream often..mmmm, ice cream! Here I come! lol:001_302:

ast0212

Icecream has calcium = good for you!! heheh...

Normally packaged icecream from the supermarket is safest during pregnancy. Icecream from icecreameries may contain raw egg, so be careful about that. Avoid soft-serve icecream if possible! If you crave for soft-serve, check with the store/fast food outlet how often they clean out their machine....still, best to avoid it if you can.

during 1st tri, i tried to avoid cold drinks....aft i reached 2nd tri, i started taking cold drinks....cannot tahan man.....will drink coke, cold green tea, fruit juices, ice cream....etc :001_302:

evelynch

I also afraid to drinking cold water / juice..but am cravings for cold drink coz the weather is so hot..only drinking cold after 5 mths pregnant...wow you all also drink cold / fruits too.. hehe.. my hubby don't stopping me from drink cold.. even my hubby bought some ice-creams for me... :wong19:but anyone drink cold watermelon juice or cold lime juice??

I think, asthma maybe come from family's sickness history..

msck

Can la. I ate fruit gelato though.

And in my 3rd trimester, my mom gave me cold fresh coconut juice everyday. Haha...

felicity

Earlier in my first trimester I hv been drinking n clubbing cos I didn't even know I was pregnant. Throughout the rest of my pregnancy I drink cold fruit juice or fresh milk or soy milk almost everyday during lunch because the weather was so hot!! When it get unbearably hot in mid year, I also drink some iced rootbeer, fanta or 100plus.. No coke cos of caffeine. Chilled coconut was once or twice a week since week 32.