pregnant lady can't use knife and scissor

wanderful

Alpha Male
Anybody heard of this....my friend doesn't allow his wife to do this

Like this very kang khor leh...cannot cut vegetable and meat...

first time heard of this:err:

hakisumi

hmmm...
i heard also.. but is dont use on bed..
cooking should be ok...

abo use hand break the vegetable?? hehehhe

apollo

aiyo can use lahh!! dont use on bed can alrdy.. if really totally cannot use, den hw to cut finger nails?? haha!!

iwan2noe

aiyo can use lahh!! dont use on bed can alrdy.. if really totally cannot use, then hw to cut finger nails?? haha!!
yes, i totally agree. The only myth i heard is that we cant use knife, scissor or any sharp objects on our master bed....

the rest can use la .. hee

angelwendy

Can la.... how can don't use knife & scissor??? if wanna eat western food lei?? how??:err: use fork & spoon?? anyway i trust that we don't normally use this 2 things on bed...

CanCanMum

cannot use it on bed lahhhh, or sofa. Muz STAND when using lols

other than tat why cannot???? I cooked when i was pregnant oso wad....haha.....

i was told my by mom if want to cut anything, be it using scissor or knife don't cut into your own shadow, meaning you should see if your shadow on the cutting board, try to change position don't do the cutting if you see your shadow.

but it depends on individual beliefs lah..

sunburst

i was told my by mom if want to cut anything, be it using scissor or knife dont't cut into your own shadow, meaning you should see if your shadow on the cutting board, try to change position dont't do the cutting if you see your shadow.

but it depends on individual beliefs ..
This is the 1st time I'm hearing this...

I was only told not to use knife, scissors or sharp objects (I suppose nail clippers) on the bed. Preferably to use them not in your bedroom too.

meiteoh

My mum told me cannot cook, clean, sew, and etc - doesn't matter where - when I first got pregnant. Coz a relative of a relative of hers did that and the baby came out deformed, etc. Like I listened. :p If I did, I wouldn't be able to eat at all or survive life being a SAHW!

Renzie

haha. I only heard cannot sew in bed. But I still go around cutting with knives and scissors everywhere else, if sewing, then usually in the living room. If cannot use all those, then how to survive. haha since I have to cook on my lunch and sometimes cut the tags off baby clothes.

autumn82

haha. I only heard cannot sew in bed. But I still go around cutting with knives and scissors everywhere else, if sewing, then usually in the living room. If cannot use all those, then how to survive. haha since I have to cook on my lunch and sometimes cut the tags off baby clothes.
Use lighter burn the tags off.. Wahahaha :p

Although it's good to be safe than sorry, it is pretty inconvenient sometimes too, cannot use hammers and etc.

My hubby and I bought some new simple cabinets (for lil one) and side-tables (for ourselves) from Ikea, only to remember we cannot hammer or nail into anything at home!

Then we thought of 'alternatives' like paying small fee for Ikea to come assemble, my mom said better not ie CANNOT do it at home. Then I thought how about bringing the unassembled pieces to my in-laws (NOT at home rite) and ask my FIL to 'fix' up since he likes handywork, mom said better not (again) ie CANNOT because the boxes containing the pieces are already unopened at home!! :err:

Pigs can fly man :wong29:

Renzie

Although it's good to be safe than sorry, it is pretty inconvenient sometimes too, cannot use hammers and etc.

My hubby and I bought some new simple cabinets (for lil one) and side-tables (for ourselves) from Ikea, only to remember we cannot hammer or nail into anything at home!

Then we thought of 'alternatives' like paying small fee for Ikea to come assemble, my mom said better not ie CANNOT do it at home. Then I thought how about bringing the unassembled pieces to my in-laws (NOT at home rite) and ask my father in law to 'fix' up since he likes handywork, mom said better not (again) ie CANNOT because the boxes containing the pieces are already unopened at home!! :err:

Pigs can fly man :wong29:
For my case, we had to do minor repairs and cleaning up of the house as my SIL has moved out. However, for us, its still possible to do drilling, nailing and such as long as we consult the Chinese calender first, on where the "tai/cai shen" is. As long as he is not in the room where we wish to do the knocking/nailing, its alright. BUT I'm not allow to be in the house when they are doing the stuff, so its only hubby, FIL and SIL doing the work. However, only those things are allowed to be done outside my room. Our own room cannot be touch with painting/drilling or knocking.

Even moving of furniture around, no drilling or nailing or knocking required, also need to consult the calender (those type you tear away day by day). If don't consult and do those stuff....grandmother will give black face.

haha I can't even go to SIL's house when her place is under renovations, only when everything is completed and no more nailing is done then I'm permitted in.

adlieyn

wierd .. hahah .. but for malay right , they said pregnant wpmen need to bering along any sharp items like knife, pen knife, pin scissors went going out ..

LoVeS

I only heard b4 tat cant use on bed nia but nv hear b4 cannot use scissor or knife at all ~

chiro

i use scissors to cut things when i was sitting on the bed.when our room was installing new air con, i even saw the man drilling the wall right in front of me.and my son is normal, no defect or deformation.

iwan2noe

cannot use it on bed lahhhh, or sofa. must STAND when using lols

other than that why cannot???? I cooked when i was pregnant also what....haha.....
Hi CanCanMum,

why cant use on sofa ? u mean if the sofa is in the master bed room, then cant use sharp objects?
I dun use sharp objects in the bed but i used it in the living room on my sofa wor...

diymummy

Actually I did everything. I sewed, cut, chopped, painted. My baby was ok.

I feel that for most myths, there must have been a story behind it just that back then, it probably wasn't extensively known and they evolved into myths.

For things like paint, the lead content could harm the pregnant ladies so it's best to be avoided. Rather than painting the house would cause ugly birthmarks on babies.

As for chopping, cutting, sewing, I believe it would be a case of pregnant people being more tired easily and it could be dangerous for them to be handling such things alone. Don't think it would be good if you chopped veges and cut your finger and then develop and infection out of that. Or chopping into your shadow... It's darker when you're standing in your shadow.. And for sewing on the bed, it's easier to lose the needle. I've lost the needle a couple of times when sewing on my bed or sofa.

Just my 2 cents worth.