pregnant lady can't use knife and scissor

Ting

i only heard dont cut on the bed. if cooking is ok.
imo, though most r old wive's tales, most of us would rather be safe than sorry.
like eg, say if u cut things on the bed then when your kid is born with hare lip, u might blame yourself too. though it might just be a coincidence, but somehow, u might feel tt u didnt do it, your bb would be fine.
n your ILs/parents might also blame u for tt? like say u nv listen to them tts why like tt.

for me, i half believe, cos i did come across some cases which really happened, so better safe than sorry for me.not a chore for me to walk a few steps out of my room to cut/sew.

jmho.

Renzie

Yeah, I'm alright with sewing outside my room, at least dont need to worry about the loose thread dropping everywhere on my bed. Plus my room is pretty dark, so can be quite an hassle.

mrsmahadi

Oh dear, I sew on the bed already :embarrassed: I mean can't allow my hubi to wear torn pants to work right?..but then again its up to an individual's belief. However try to avoid doing so. I mean who knows better than our parents or in-laws. They've been through it much longer than we have.:tlaugh:

About the scissors and knife thing I'm not quite sure. As for me, my parents and in-laws encourage me to carry sharp objects like a nail (rusty), or a small pair of scissors especially when going out at night to ward off any unwanted things.

apollo

Oh dear, I sew on the bed already :embarrassed: I mean can't allow my hubi to wear torn pants to work right?..but then again its up to an individual's belief. However try to avoid doing so. I mean who knows better than our parents or in-laws. They've been through it much longer than we have.:tlaugh:

About the scissors and knife thing I'm not quite sure. As for me, my parents and in-laws encourage me to carry sharp objects like a nail (rusty), or a small pair of scissors especially when going out at night to ward off any unwanted things.

u do it cos u dunno mahh.. dun wry..

all these are 'pantang-ish', if u believe, it will happen, if u dont, nth will happen..

if can, just follow the 'rule' if not, it's okay =)

dont wry k =)

you do it cos you dont know mahh.. dont wry..

all these are 'pantang-ish', if you believe, it will happen, if you dont, nth will happen..

if can, just follow the 'rule' if not, it's okay =)

dont wry k =)

my hubby doesnt allow me to cut anything at all! sian man... i cant even cook at home! cut thread off clothes also muz wait for him to cut for me...maybe coz i m/c before so he became very 'pantang' hahaa but i secretly trim my fringe few days back, but got caught by him:embarrassed:

Ya i agree with you, can follow just follow lor..hehe...

CanCanMum

i ddink dinkkk only chinese believes this

u r indian rite? haha~~~

we have a saying in chinese "as long as u dunnO means no harm"

apollo

my hubby doesnt allow me to cut anything at all! sian man... i cant even cook at home! cut thread off clothes also must wait for him to cut for me...maybe coz i m/c before so he became very 'pantang' hahaa but i secretly trim my fringe few days back, but got caught by him:embarrassed:

Ya i agree with you, can follow just follow ..hehe...
haha! wat if one day u're alone at hm and REALLY need to use scissor? tell ur hubby is okay to use scissor/knife as long as not on the bed. =) but, dun trim ur own fringe lahh! LOL!

haha! what if one day you're alone at hm and REALLY need to use scissor? tell your hubby is okay to use scissor/knife as long as not on the bed. =) but, dont trim your own fringe lahh! LOL!
Hahaa actually sometimes no choice I will cut things la hehee but he really damn pantang now . Last time he used to laugh at pantang ppl, now I see him I wanna laugh. I must trim my own fringe! Been to so many hairstylists, none of them knows what I want n make me look like 'gongster'. By the way, pregnant can color n rebond hair??

jas2909

Hahaa actually sometimes no choice I will cut things hehee but he really damn pantang now . Last time he used to laugh at pantang ppl, now I see him I wanna laugh. I must trim my own fringe! Been to so many hairstylists, none of them knows what I want n make me look like 'gongster'. By the way, pregnant can color n rebond hair??
my gynae got tell me before to stop coloring hair during the pregnancy.. never say about rebonding but i guess they are the same coz u nid to put chemicals on ur hair to do the magic for some time before rinsing off?

cocraze

I heard of this before, but also say only cannot use sharp objects on bed. Which I figured was an old wives' tale evolved from the well-meaning thought that you may somehow hurt yourself (and/or your unborn baby). I didn't follow at all, though.

joelhoon

Anybody heard of this....my friend doesn't allow his wife to do this

Like this very kang khor ...cannot cut vegetable and meat...

first time heard of this:err:
My family doesn't allow me to use knife and scissor. Not stiching work, no fixing bed sheet or pillow's edge....no pinning...

But i have to work, need to use scissor at work....and pin memo on walls...
When at work when i can't avoid...i just don't think about it after i do it...

At home, as long as someone do for me..i follow instruction, cause i don't want anything happenned and they blame is my fault... strees ah~!!