Priority Seat - Rude and Inconsiderate woman. Please help to pass the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanCanMum

Wah this forum and the other forum mum is totally different cos that side said the opp things as what we think here. But i still support here. Hahaha....
which forum???? PM me can?

darlin chuaeil, yr inbox is full ley....heeee...

i oso support here.

autumn82

FU*K THEM LAH.
there is no right or wrong. but there is such thing as morality.
its whether you want to give up your seat to someone who needs it more than you or not.

compare yourself to the person in front of you,
if you can let your seat to make the other person who needs itmore than you, why not?

these Fu*cking people better dont end up in the hospital, because EVERYONE PAY THE SAME FU*KING FEES. SO THERE IS NO such thing as who deserves it first lah? so the one who is seriously ill dont get to go in first lah.. then the doctor dont need to see priority lah! al pay same fees ma. if you got this moral, you will let the more ill to see the doctor first.

then the bloody fu*cking pregnant woman who claims no problem for her.
pls lah, maybe you are very rich, u got very good health. but there are such thing as weaker pregnant woman who suffer from this dizziness and may faint.. not they want to faint, they dont have a choice because they also cannot control themselves.
:Dancing_wub:I agree wif Rainypink!! :tlaugh:

jojoki

FU*K THEM LAH.
there is no right or wrong. but there is such thing as morality.
its whether you want to give up your seat to someone who needs it more than you or not.

compare yourself to the person in front of you,
if you can let your seat to make the other person who needs itmore than you, why not?

these Fu*cking people better dont end up in the hospital, because EVERYONE PAY THE SAME FU*KING FEES. SO THERE IS NO such thing as who deserves it first lah? so the one who is seriously ill dont get to go in first lah.. then the doctor dont need to see priority lah! al pay same fees ma. if you got this moral, you will let the more ill to see the doctor first.

then the bloody fu*cking pregnant woman who claims no problem for her.
pls lah, maybe you are very rich, u got very good health. but there are such thing as weaker pregnant woman who suffer from this dizziness and may faint.. not they want to faint, they dont have a choice because they also cannot control themselves.

wow wats with the (@*$(!#?? relax ... its a democratic country.. wat goes around comes around.

jojoki

I think its a reflection of the society in sg in general... dun be too haste to judge... I once after 5 ms of scrutiny decided that the woman standing in front of me was in her first trimester. So I got up and gave her my seat (I'm not sitting at priority seat fyi) and she declined politely... I also insisted politely and this went on for few seconds and she finally said "I'm not pregnant u know..." Can u imagine how totally embarrassing that was???

Anyway I think if anyone had that kind of kind heartedness or courtesy in them, they will get up n offer a seat to u whether or not they are occupying the priority seat.

As for all the pregnant commuters out there, dont get too worked up... wishing all a very happy, and positive, and peaceful pregnancy. Its not getting angry over strangers...

Stay happy and healthy!

MasMummyOfTwoAct

realorfake - agree wif u... don't be demanding... if they offer juz say thank u, if they don't, think positively... doesn't mean u have to eye on that priority seat only... think... & think harder... very childish... 'dnt friend u'??? :shyxxx:haiz...:shyxxx:

& this taken from one of the stomp comments - wtf12345 said on 02 Feb, 2009

Let's see, can you sue because :
1) The person who was not aware of YOUR HIGHNESS' presence and hence didnt not give up seat?
2) Can you sue maligned who's not aware that you sneakily taking her photo and put it online? Or shld she sue you for publishing her photos and malign her with your lies??!
3) Maybe you can also SMRT for not installing guards to ensure ALL PREGNANT women were seated in train?
4) Maybe you also can sue Maligned and Snauzher for telling the truth here and exposed you as a evil liar? ENOUGH for you to sue??

Last edited:

xtan

Dear all,

I didn't know that many Singaporeans are like that until I read some of the posts in Stomp. Amazing discovery for me as I must have been livng in my lala land for the last 26 years!

I understand from one of the posts in another forum that the other party replied to say that she was asleep/resting and didn't notice me. I'm sure she seen me and my tummy! She crossed her legs and I even had difficulties standing properly in front of her because of my short arms! How I wish there are cameras in the trains! My conscience is clear.

However, I will not pursue this further as I'm pregnant and I do not want this whole thing to affect me (also why I stop logging into Stomp).

Anyway, I will write to SMRT and SBS Transit soon with the other photos that I have taken. By the way, some wrote and scolded me why I didn't take the pictures of the others and only of her -- that's because my whole point was to show the failure of the priority seat labelling! Every photo that I have taken so far contains part of the labelling as proof! Too bad that Stomp only allowed 1500 characters when I wrote in, hence, part of the original message found here has to be cut from the post in Stomp.

MasMummyOfTwoAct

don't make it more worst lah... not only i'm agree with realorfake... but those comments in stomp too... it's getting bad to worst with ur recent explaination/post here... what u should do now is to delete or withdraw all ur posting to whichever website that u had posted if u can lah, but if u can't... juz too bad for u... u r in a big TROUBLE now... too late to regret...:shyxxx: not forgetting those who 100% agree with U... have they realise now or still in daze....???

Last edited:

aunty_faye

totally agree with realorfake. i was one of the poster that gave comment in stomp as another nick as AGcorner. i mysef was a mother too, i do know how tough during my prenancy but this doesnt means that i can took others foto jus becos she's didnt wan to give up her seat. is really up to indivisual choice.

no offence, not cursing u, have u ever thought, if the lady u took picture at, was an extremely nasty lady, she had a bad agurment with u or even have a fight... if anything happened to ur child, issit really worth doing on these?

Last edited:
hi xtan

agree that singaporean really need to do something. i feel ashasmed of ourselves why we can give up seat. i went so many countries there always seat for disable, pregnant or old ppl and ppl are qiuck to offer the seat but his is not the case in singapore. when i was preg, i experience the same thing, close to 9mth preg with very huge tummy nobody offer. in fact i has an horrbile experience with my elder boy, small baby that need to be breastfed cry for two station and nobody offer seat until i had to shout loudly at my boy "how can i brestfeed you when mummy can t find a seat" the worst is everyone look at me and continue to seat and pretend doing their thing. really horrbile. ya we should maybe start taking photo so that ppl will really offer seat. :shyxxx:

EnFlor

Come on, there are other important things in the world to care for, like the war victims at Gaza, Recession, etc then arguing over priority seats and STOMPing rights.

Move on..move on :err:

rainypink

Yes. it is definitely not right to publicise someone photo like this and spread untrue facts about the woman in the photo. If it is really untrue.

But i am shocked by the other unneccesary silly comment like "oh, I am pregnant, I do not need the seat. " "Oh, Pregnant woman think she v big izzit?"
"we all pay same fees, so why should we give up seat?"etc.
that is extremely sickening and inhumane to me. I dont even bother to comment there, so many idiots. u argue with the idiots, u never win, the idiots will bring you down to their level and win you with their idiotic ways.
Like i said in my earlier post, i hope he doesnt end up in the hospital in a serious state that warrants serious attention because EVERYONE PAYS THE SAME FEES. so he can wait. no priority, for him?

I wont be happy if my family member or close friend's photo end up in the web but I am very sure I will not be happy to have a friend like that if what the pregnant woman said is true.

In the first place, that is a priority seat. You took a priority seat so at least make sure and be vigiliant enough to see if there are indeed pregnant and old people who need it more than you. YES. YOU ARE NOT DEFINITELY NOT OBLIGATED TO GIVE UP YOUR SEAT, but that is a priority seat, bigger and more spacious meant for those who need it more.
YES, YOU can choose not to giveup the seat but that is enough to make my blood boil. CORRECT, there is nothing i can do to an ill mannered sickening brat but it does make me feel angered that there are such people living in the world.
If that is my family member, I will be more than ashamed to acknowledge such a relative. thank you.

The law sometimes protects the rich and the so called well educated people who can try to win by going through loop holes.

like i said, it is the moral.
They totally missed the whole point.
Debate on whether its right to publicise photo, but dont argue with whether a pregnant woman needs it or not.

u take her photo, publicise, wrong.
she nvr give up her seat to you even when she is priority seat meant for pregnant and elderly, nothing wrong.
ask singapore to pass a law, whoever take the seat, must be vigilant enough to give up seats to pregnant n elderly.
We live in such a world, such that people abuse law rules.
this is a sick world. or rather , a sick bunch of ill singaporeans.
what is e world coming into nowadays?

no law, no benefits, no gracious acts?

Last edited:

CanCanMum

what rainypink has said is totally correct and i agree with her.

this is not about siding who or whether this is a mummysg forum so we side with pregnant mothers more, but the main thing is about morality. To be a gracious person we have to think moral, and not saying about whether it is compulsory or not. I admit that when i was single i did not give up seats to pregnant ladies also, perhaps sometimes i even pretend to fall asleep or wait for others to give up theirs, that was my mentality when i was young. It is only when i went thru the whole thing then i realised it is actually difficult to stand on public transport, so now whenever i am seated will look out for pregnant mothers more to give up my seat coz i have been thru and knows the hardship. Especially if your feet is swollen and if financially not being to afford one to one transport all the time it is really heart warming to see someone offer their seat to you. And of course we must return with a smile or a word of thanks. If i ever see a pregnant mum standing i would not hesitate to help her ask for a seat also. I have met a few kind souls who chopped a seat for me while i was travelling to work with my boy when he was 8 months old too because if they don't, soon the seat will be gone, and mostly these people are either early 30s or 40s - whom i gathered have also been thru parenthood to understand. There are kind pple still but there are also some not so considerate ones who should learn to be more considerate and caring for others.

Last edited:

chuaeil

Yes. it is definitely not right to publicise someone photo like this and spread untrue facts about the woman in the photo. If it is really untrue.

But i am shocked by the other unneccesary silly comment like "oh, I am pregnant, I do not need the seat. " "Oh, Pregnant woman think she v big izzit?"
"we all pay same fees, so why should we give up seat?"etc.
that is extremely sickening and inhumane to me. I dont even bother to comment there, so many idiots. u argue with the idiots, u never win, the idiots will bring you down to their level and win you with their idiotic ways.
Like i said in my earlier post, i hope he doesnt end up in the hospital in a serious state that warrants serious attention because EVERYONE PAYS THE SAME FEES. so he can wait. no priority, for him?

I wont be happy if my family member or close friend's photo end up in the web but I am very sure I will not be happy to have a friend like that if what the pregnant woman said is true.

In the first place, that is a priority seat. You took a priority seat so at least make sure and be vigiliant enough to see if there are indeed pregnant and old people who need it more than you. YES. YOU ARE NOT DEFINITELY NOT OBLIGATED TO GIVE UP YOUR SEAT, but that is a priority seat, bigger and more spacious meant for those who need it more.
YES, YOU can choose not to giveup the seat but that is enough to make my blood boil. CORRECT, there is nothing i can do to an ill mannered sickening brat but it does make me feel angered that there are such people living in the world.
If that is my family member, I will be more than ashamed to acknowledge such a relative. thank you.

The law sometimes protects the rich and the so called well educated people who can try to win by going through loop holes.

like i said, it is the moral.
They totally missed the whole point.
Debate on whether its right to publicise photo, but dont argue with whether a pregnant woman needs it or not.

u take her photo, publicise, wrong.
she nvr give up her seat to you even when she is priority seat meant for pregnant and elderly, nothing wrong.
ask singapore to pass a law, whoever take the seat, must be vigilant enough to give up seats to pregnant n elderly.
We live in such a world, such that people abuse law rules.
this is a sick world. or rather , a sick bunch of ill singaporeans.
what is e world coming into nowadays?

no law, no benefits, no gracious acts?

I think enough dont comment liao lah... let this pass. Just learn the mistake and move on, whoever it is, it dosen't matter everybody has its own saying and thinking. Let the Xtan have a rest ba... she had enough of all these comments.... Lets forget all this.... Cheers all the super mummies.

CanCanMum

I think enough dont comment liao lah... let this pass. Just learn the mistake and move on, whoever it is, it dosen't matter everybody has its own saying and thinking. Let the Xtan have a rest ba... she had enough of all these comments.... Lets forget all this.... Cheers all the super mummies.
yes yes i think she had a hard time last night....

perhaps ask the moderator to delete this thread to stop any more comments?

just let it pass lor....

aunty_faye

i support ....

u! *peace*... my comment shall ends here *fullstop*

M&M

Sigh... Singaporeans are so inconsiderate lo... no one. no one at all offer their seats when i stood infront of them with my big tummy be it on a bus or mrt... its obvious that i am pregnant and not fat lo! they just pretend to sleep or just look away. as for some who looked...they just pretend that i'm not pregnant lo! if uncles and aunties dun give up seats i understand becos they r old n need the seats too but students leh!? those secondary, poly etc!! wat were they thinking!? saw me but simply just ignore!!! so angry! and to add more oil to the fuel, ppl on the pavement or bus stop walking towards my direction, instead of letting me through expected me to let them through!!! y can't they learn from the japanese? wat's the use of having priority seats for elderly, handicapped and pregnant ladies when ppl dun practise it at all! i think they should impose a heavy fine on those ppl to make them wake up lo!

ckm

Alpha Male
Let's try to avoid group think, look at the facts and be objective here.

1. The lady claims to be sleeping and could not see you. Do you have proof that she was pretending? If not, why the big fuss and frustration?

2. The lady did offer you the seat once she saw you. You should have said thanks instead of being hostile. That's the "moral" thing to do. Despite being a "priority" seat, it still is a privilege not an entitlement. And when you are privileged to be offered the seat, always say thanks, no matter how long you have to wait to get it. It's common courtesy.

3. Taking pictures of the lady and then publicly shaming her online is not only "immoral", it might be downright illegal as well, and hence there's no doubt that it's definitely wrong.

4. I never understand why people have to take pictures of events that they are clearly in control of, and them post them on STOMP/Straits Times Forums/etc. Last time I checked, everyone still had a brain and a mouth? Use your brain to THINK, use your mouth to SPEAK. If you are in need of a seat, ASK. I'm pretty sure most people would give the seat up if you just open your mouth. People here make it seem like it's taboo to ask for something. Asking is not begging. There's no shame in asking. If you don't ask, then don't blame anyone for not providing. Nobody owes anybody else a living, pregnant or not.

5. Don't impose your set of morals on others, as different people have different standards. Muslims don't go around taking pictures of us when we eat pork, even if it might be "immoral" for them to eat pork. Prostitution may be "immoral" to you, but you don't go around taking pictures of prostitutes in Geylang do you? Homosexuality may be "immoral" to you, but you don't go around taking pictures of gays do you? Guns may be "immoral" to you, but in some countries they're legal. The law is the final word, not anyone's morals. Sleeping while seated in a priority seat may be "immoral" to you, but it certainly isn't illegal. She was gracious enough to offer the seat to you once she saw you, despite you making the malicious move of taking her picture first with the clear intent of shaming her online, and this is what she gets for her kindness?

tinkerball

Xtan, i have been pregnant before and i do travel in public transport right up till my last stages of pregnancy, but never once do i board any public transport with a mentality that says 'hey, im pregnant, someone have to give up their seats'. U have to bear in mind being pregnant is a personal choice between two persons (husband and wife) and it is something u have to bear wherever u go. If u felt u must have a seat everywhere u go,then a cab or a car is the way to travel for you. If u choose to get pregnant, let it be your business and our own trouble. Don't make it a virus that spread to other people once u step out in public and thus ending up as other people's business and inconvenience. If u didnt get a seat, fine, but why choose to humiliate them in public? Are u aware she can actually sue u cos she had two witness to verify her story? Wether those witness are credible let the court decide that. However u have to learn to count ur blessings to be living in S'pore where public transort is relatively comfy here. You post ur story here and there to gain support and when u get those support, there are replies from you but where are ur replies for people who have those doubts? This shows u have a mentality of a retarded child. The girl whom u photographed have told her side of story. If u felt u are being a grown up adult then face up to the mess u created and answer whatever disputes there is. Singapore Seen

MasMummyOfTwoAct

yes yes i think she had a hard time last night....

perhaps ask the moderator to delete this thread to stop any more comments?

just let it pass lor....

at the first place she should have started the match... now it's already fire & burning herself out... she should delete or withdraw this forum immediately & others website too... then nobody can leave comment to what she has already started with... 'eyes rolling':shyxxx:

Status
Not open for further replies.