Promoted to become "auntie"

CocoaBear

Feel so old when some kids call me auntie...

Go playground with my child then toddler about the same age as my child is asked to call me "auntie" by his mother.

Trying to get use to being call "auntie".

i think its ok laa

1st: not everyone is sensitive
2nd: call us jie jie instead?
3rd: not like its sec sch students calling us aunties... only children maah

as long as we dont talk and dress like one AUNTIE, then we shouldnt be affected by it laa

princessminn

Feel so old when some kids call me auntie...

Go playground with my child then toddler about the same age as my child is asked to call me "auntie" by his mother.

Trying to get use to being call "auntie".
Tt day i was with my boy waiting 4 bus at busstop,tis 50plus year old aunty come and call me aunty.feel lik whacking her looo.i complain to my mom,she say maybe e aunty tink got children lee so call aunty.so sad looo.i'm not even 25!:( i dun mine kids call me aunty laa,but e aunty call me aunty really sad looo.

that day i was with my boy waiting 4 bus at busstop,tis 50plus year old aunty come and call me aunty.feel lik whacking her looo.i complain to my mom,she say maybe e aunty tink got children lee so call aunty.so sad looo.i'm not even 25!:( i dont mine kids call me aunty laa,but e aunty call me aunty really sad looo.
wahh that old aunty koo koo ahh? then did u reply, "yes lao ahh maa?" :tlaugh:

Last edited:

PinkDiamonds

During CNY we went to hubby friend's house for gathering. His friends around his age 30+ and have kids as well. Then, one of his friend's wife told the kid to call me "jiie jiie". I feel a bit weird cause her kid is about 2 yrs old, and mine is 10 months old. Won't the child be confused?

apollo

last time b4 i was married, or in fact even aft i'm married, i feel quite 'weird' n uncomfy.. but aft ds is born i slowly accept it..

frankly speaking, what's so bad abt ppl calling us auntie? esp when the ones are kids? 'auntie' is just a term, cant expect kids to call us jiejie right? esp when the parents of the kids are our frens, or same generation as us..
we also call our parents' sisters 'auntie' despite their age right? and i feel that by calling one 'auntie' is also a form of respect..

most of mny frens, those unmarried ones, will have v strong reaction when i told ds "let auntie carry u".. i really dun understand y.. cant expect ds to call them jiejie mahh since they are my frens and not nieces.. haha..they are all v amaze and shock when i told other kids to just call me auntie.. haha..

i think we must do sth to let ppl out there noe tt 'auntie' does not mean 'old'.. =)

apollo

that day i was with my boy waiting 4 bus at busstop,tis 50plus year old aunty come and call me aunty.feel lik whacking her looo.i complain to my mom,she say maybe e aunty tink got children lee so call aunty.so sad looo.i'm not even 25!:( i dont mine kids call me aunty laa,but e aunty call me aunty really sad looo.
me too, i'm okay with kids calling me auntie, but not those aunties who are much more OLDER than me! shd call us xiao jie or xiao meii lorr..

tt time i forgot at where liaoo.. i was with ashton, den an auntie called me xiaoo meii, den i sibeh HAPPY LORR!! i told her "auntie u calling me huh?? long time dun hav ppl call me xiaoo mei liaoo lehhH!!!" LOL!!!

me too, i'm okay with kids calling me auntie, but not those aunties who are much more OLDER than me! should call us xiao jie or xiao meii lorr..

that time i forgot at where liaoo.. i was with ashton, then an auntie called me xiaoo meii, then i sibeh HAPPY LORR!! i told her "auntie you calling me huh?? long time dont hav ppl call me xiaoo mei liaoo lehhH!!!" LOL!!!
xiao mei regina xiao mei regina xiao mei regina ~ :001_302:

thepinkdot

actually i don't mind them calling them auntie.. its a form of respect and at least they weren't being rude to me. esp if they're kids..

i mean if AUNTIES call me AUNTY, i think i will also feel T.T.. i'm not that OLD. just hitting mid twenties only ok!

Phoebii Cheng

I also don't mind kids calling me auntie...even my staff also call me auntie I don't mind

I also hv someone older than me calling me auntie esp the cleaner where I currently hv bfast there everymorning with my hubby, at first I was upset....but later hubby told me to look at it on bright side at least she bother to call me auntie as form of respect, so now everymorning she greet me "auntie zhao!" I just accept it lor

apollo

I also dont't mind kids calling me auntie...even my staff also call me auntie I dont't mind

I also have someone older than me calling me auntie esp the cleaner where I currently have bfast there everymorning with my hubby, at first I was upset....but later hubby told me to look at it on bright side at least she bother to call me auntie as form of respect, so now everymorning she greet me "auntie zhao!" I just accept it
quite true.. haha.. but i wonder y thosee who r still singles, have such a big reaction when i feel tt my kid shd call them auntie, simply becos they are the same age as me, cant expect ds to call them jiejie mahh den aft they married den can call auntie.. LOL!

apollo

I also dont't mind kids calling me auntie...even my staff also call me auntie I dont't mind

I also have someone older than me calling me auntie esp the cleaner where I currently have bfast there everymorning with my hubby, at first I was upset....but later hubby told me to look at it on bright side at least she bother to call me auntie as form of respect, so now everymorning she greet me "auntie zhao!" I just accept it
quite true.. haha.. but i wonder y thosee who r still singles, have such a big reaction when i feel that my kid should call them auntie, simply becos they are the same age as me, cant expect dear son to call them jiejie mahh then after they married then can call auntie.. LOL!

Oppsgal

My hubby's colleague ask my baby to call "gor gor". So old already, still "gor gor"? Should call uncle... then his colleague say call uncle he wont answer. :tlaugh:

princessminn

wahh that old aunty koo koo ahh? then did you reply, "yes lao ahh maa?" :tlaugh:
haaa...
no laaa...
i juz tell her which bus to take loooo...

me too, i'm okay with kids calling me auntie, but not those aunties who are much more OLDER than me! should call us xiao jie or xiao meii lorr..

that time i forgot at where liaoo.. i was with ashton, then an auntie called me xiaoo meii, then i sibeh HAPPY LORR!! i told her "auntie you calling me huh?? long time dont hav ppl call me xiaoo mei liaoo lehhH!!!" LOL!!!
actually i dont't mind them calling them auntie.. its a form of respect and at least they weren't being rude to me. esp if they're kids..

i mean if AUNTIES call me AUNTY, i think i will also feel T.T.. i'm not that OLD. just hitting mid twenties only ok!
same,i dun mind kids call mi aunty...
aunties call mi aunty i really feel lik whacking them!!!!!

i'll get my son to lik 'call' my frenz(not married),ahh yii...
then my besties will always say call jie jie!!
wah piang!!!i tell them i nvr ask my son call u aunty veri good liaoo hoh....
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Phoebii Cheng

quite true.. haha.. but i wonder y thosee who r still singles, have such a big reaction when i feel that my kid should call them auntie, simply becos they are the same age as me, cant expect dear son to call them jiejie mahh then after they married then can call auntie.. LOL!
Yes those single ask to call jie jie...but I hv a colleague, she is married, but insist tht my son call her jie jie, cos' she say no kids yet so cannot call aunty...

princessminn

hahhahahaha some men are also very particular ahh... :001_302:
my bro(17year old) make my son call his frenz aunty n uncle when they come my hse visiting...
they all get a shock!!!LOL!!!
but my bro explain to them maa,my son call him uncle of coz call them uncle/aunty oso maaa....

diymummy

my bro(17year old) make my son call his frenz aunty n uncle when they come my house visiting...
they all get a shock!!!LOL!!!
but my bro explain to them maa,my son call him uncle of coz call them uncle/aunty also maaa....
My hubby will say, now you 17 yrs old not yet uncle. But when Dante 17 yrs old, your bro and his friends will be 34... By then really is uncle lorrr.. So might as well start calling first. If not next time difficult to change. LOL!!!

diymummy

Yes those single ask to call jie jie...but I have a colleague, she is married, but insist tht my son call her jie jie, cos' she say no kids yet so cannot call aunty...
:err: :err: :err:

LOL... In denial...

I don't mind anyone calling me anything. Even if they call me ahh mmm... I also don't mind. Hahahaha. I just take it like what Phoebii mummy says, just a form of respect, better than people calling you "eh eh eh"... Hehehehe.