prone for cough

janicecch

Does anyone baby are very prone to cough? Did the doc advise you to thin the milk for your child in order to reduce the cough?

My doc advise me to thin the milk to 5zo of water to 1 scoop of milk powder. :wong19:

What did you do to help reduce the frequency of the cough. i tried seeing doc, Chinese med but still not use. The cough is keeping him awake and cannot slp :embarrassed: whenever he cough he will wake up.

anyone has any good advise to give?

Phoebii Cheng

How long has your bb been coughing? If too long, better go see the doc again....

Normally my son when cough, the PD will give him the type of med called "ventolin" it is to open up the passageway so that he can cough out the phlegm....

But yes, it is good to dilute the milk, cos' mayb the milk is causing the phlegm and mayb oso your bb is irritated by the phlegm.

Pei Qing

You can actually try to see ur kid's phlegm's color. Or try to noticing when he coughs(whether it is mainly at night or day).

Because if his phlegm is green and yellowish, it means he's heaty. And he needs some cooling tea.

But if his phlegm is yellowish and watery at times, and he even coughs at night, he would need some tonics to build up his constitution. I would rec you to buy some tiger's milk and ''dim'' together with the cordyceps. Or you can also buy the hou ning from Eu Ren Sheng.

Lastly pray and hope it works. I still haf a few remedies u could try. But I'm lazy to type too much. Pm me if the remedies I gave dun work. I pass on other remedies for u to try.

diymummy

my baby also has been coughing for a month. PD gave him rhinathiol to try but it didn't work. now my son has developed a sorethroat from the cough so he is on antibiotics prescribed by the PD. PD also gave another med called solumex. after 5 days my son's cough got better. my PD suggested that we stopped feeding him solids and put him on all milk so that the liquids can wash away the viruses or bacteria that is causing the cough. we didn't stop his solids coz we know that my son cannot tahan without solids. coughs could also be due to ear infections so you might want to go to a doc to get that checked out. my PD also suspected that my son had an ear infection but my son has so much wax in his ears that he can't see whether he has an infection or not!! haha.