pump during work

PeiPei A

sterilise pump during work

Hi mummies,

How many times do u pump during working hours?

I would like to pump twice, 3 to 4 hrs between. But how do u sterilise after each pump at office?

Last edited:

diza

I pump twice in the office every 3-4 hours. After pumping, I wash all the parts and put them into the IKEA's SAMLA container with lid. Then I pour hot water into the container. My office has those water cooler with hot water so I just use that.. Once the water is cooled or I need to use the pump, then I will take the parts out. I always use this method when I'm on a holiday.

diza

Thx for sharing the link. I didn't dry the parts with tissue or cloth.. Just drain the water and then use the pump immediately. U can keep it in the fridge/freezer but it will be very cold when u want to use it. Tried it before and didn't like the coldness..

dinoshan

Actually I only wash the parts with tap water and that's it. At the end of the day will wash it with soap at home and then sterilize it. You can even store the whole pump parts in fridge without washing if you are comfortable with it.

Mummies, I'm using the avent single pump. Planning to continue pumping for my lo when I go back to work. To pump in the long run is it better to pump and store in the avent via storage cups/avent bottle.with sealer or bm storage bags then bring home?
- Via storage cups are kinda bulky.
- Avent milk.bottle with sealer need to buy=p
- Storage bags are not very environmental friendly because can only be used once then must throw

diza

It really depends on u. If ur are going to use the EBM immediately then just store in avent milk bottle. But if u intend to freeze it, storage bags might be better.