Quarrel with hubby over baby fullmth party

pkshl

i think your mum suffer from the "panicky-for-first-grandchild-arrival" disease.. she too extreme liaoz lahz... she from start also dont lyk your dear husband izzit??
ya i tink so. worst thing is she like to tel ppl we everything also duno. so when my hubby hear her said this, he very very angry. asked me what is my mum trying to do? sign...

meiteoh

ya i tink so. worst thing is she like to tel ppl we everything also dont know. so when my hubby hear her said this, he very very angry. asked me what is my mum trying to do? sign...
I will actually scold my mum for saying such nonsense, which I have before. She like to say that she have two kids already so she know what she's doing (yeah, like sending disposable diapers from Malaysia to Switzerland =.= ) but I will shoot back at her "Yeah, the last time you had a kid was 30 years ago. A lot has changed you know" and she just diam diam because it's the truth.

I know some people think it's very bad of me to scold my own mum but if what she say/do is going to have a negative impact on me and my husband plus baby, I don't care. For me, my immediate family comes first plus it's only fair that I stand up for my marriage since I expect my husband to do the same if it were his mum giving us problems.

RS79

Alpha Male
So sorry to hear this. Hope you guys can sort things out quickly,you need a lot of rest for your body to recover. TC

BbpHir3

I will actually scold my mum for saying such nonsense, which I have before. She like to say that she have two kids already so she know what she's doing (yeah, like sending disposable diapers from Malaysia to Switzerland =.= ) but I will shoot back at her "Yeah, the last time you had a kid was 30 years ago. A lot has changed you know" and she just diam diam because it's the truth.

I know some people think it's very bad of me to scold my own mum but if what she say/do is going to have a negative impact on me and my husband plus baby, I don't care. For me, my immediate family comes first plus it's only fair that I stand up for my marriage since I expect my husband to do the same if it were his mum giving us problems.
instead of my mum.. my MIL is the one hu sae she noes everything.. but she can look after DD until she full of nappy rash.. den DD cry she still can continue sleeping... WTH lohz...

Ting

I know some people think it's very bad of me to scold my own mum but if what she say/do is going to have a negative impact on me and my husband plus baby, I dont't care. For me, my immediate family comes first plus it's only fair that I stand up for my marriage since I expect my husband to do the same if it were his mum giving us problems.

sometimes i will also scold my mum when she say things very no link.
and when she say certain myths to me, i will ask her, who told her tt, n she tell me OLD PPL.
omg, i say old ppl frm where, she will just say, old ppl is old ppl. (means she dunno who! LOL!)
so i tell her, u also dunno hear from where, n i say mine is DOCTOR tell me de, or i go research online n i find out de.
but mostly, harmless things i wont bother just let her do it.
but from my mum took care of me n my 2 sisters til my younger sis went to sec sch, so i believe she is very experience so i trust what she is doing. n she can take very good care of pin too!
i just hope my future MIL wont pose any probs to me!

Ting

dont let your hubby follow? n your MIL?
how can!
everyone is sure to be excited ma!
when i was in labour, my dad side almost whole family came!!!

pkshl

my mum can tel me dont everything listen to doc when i told her stop giving my son so much water! she dont listen & insisted on her own way until my CL even told her little bit of water is fine, not too much then she keep quiet! super piss!

now my mum changed her mind when i told her i will throw fullmth party as planned. den she said she will call her side ppl come(my aunties & grandma). she so fickler-minded! perviously said NO 1 will be free to come. now come n say ok she will call her side ppl come. crazy!

Last edited:

meiteoh

my mum can tel me dont everything listen to doc when i told her stop giving my son so much water! she dont listen & insisted on her own way until my CL even told her little bit of water is fine, not too much then she keep quiet! super piss!

now my mum changed her mind when i told her i will throw fullmth party as planned. then she said she will call her side ppl come(my aunties & grandma). she so fickler-minded! perviously said NO 1 will be free to come. now come and say ok she will call her side ppl come. crazy!
AIYO, baby dont need water in the first six months (if breastfeeding) and it's dangerous, especially for newborn! Why she doesn't understand that?

Eh, your mum sama with my mum - very fickle-minded! One minute say one thing, another minute say another thing. :/

Last edited:

apollo

now my mum changed her mind when i told her i will throw fullmth party as planned. then she said she will call her side ppl come(my aunties & grandma). she so fickler-minded! perviously said NO 1 will be free to come. now come and say ok she will call her side ppl come. crazy!
just tell your mum, giving TOO MUCH water will only harm your dear son and not do him good... after the pediatrician say not to give water to babies, 1 or 2 drip can, my mum know alrdy dont even dare to ask me give him a drip or water... one thing to add, according to my pd, even FM babies also dun nd water.. =D

haha my mum also very ficker minded, think most women are lik that .. cos i also.. LOL!!

since the celebration thing is confirm alrdy, then just plan and do it happily.. :tlaugh:

annie03

Ya, actually too much water is no good for baby too as it will dilute his blood.. for me i didnt really give my baby water be it my baby feed on breastmilk or formula, i only waited till she's 6mths old then i give my baby water when she started solid.. and i'm angry too that my mother in law go and feed my baby water at 3mths and she's gt choke on it...

but due to this very hot weather, one or two drips is fine and not more than that cos i ever too seek my pediatrician's advise on this too...

and we sometimes cant seem to agree with some of our elderly's methods in looking after the baby but somehow some of their methods can be very useful too.. :bbwink:

Last edited:

apollo

Ya, actually too much water is no good for baby too as it will dilute his blood.. for me i didnt really give my baby water be it my baby feed on breastmilk or formula, i only waited till she's 6mths old then i give my baby water when she started solid.. and i'm angry too that my mother in law go and feed my baby water at 3mths and she's gt choke on it...

but due to this very hot weather, one or two drips is fine and not more than that cos i ever too seek my pediatrician's advise on this too...

and we sometimes cant seem to agree with some of our elderly's methods in looking after the baby but somehow some of their methods can be very useful too.. :bbwink:
my cousin and her mother keep asked y i dun feed ds water! i told them the reason and pd said it's dangerous to feed babies water.. my cousin keep say her boy is 4yr old and last time she also feed him water and nth goes wrong.. then my mother said "last time police wear shorts (bermuda) leh!!!" HAHA!!!

BbpHir3

my cousin and her mother keep asked why i dont feed dear son water! i told them the reason and pediatrician said it's dangerous to feed babies water.. my cousin keep say her boy is 4yr old and last time she also feed him water and nth goes wrong.. then my mother said "last time police wear shorts (bermuda) !!!" HAHA!!!
for me the water thing wasn't a issue.. 1> cuz everytime i'll just tell the "elders" got feed water.. but actually, i never give at all.. lol... 2> dear daughter also dont lyk to drink water... muahahahahaha.........

but to think bout it.. we last time also looked after by our parents.. they also give us drink water.. but we're all here talking still mahz.. kekekekeke.... so it actually on hw we look at those myths..

apollo

for me the water thing wasn't a issue.. 1> cuz everytime i'll just tell the "elders" got feed water.. but actually, i never give at all.. lol... 2> dear daughter also dont lyk to drink water... muahahahahaha.........

but to think bout it.. we last time also looked after by our parents.. they also give us drink water.. but we're all here talking still mahz.. kekekekeke.... so it actually on hw we look at those myths..
tt's what i ask pd before haha!! he then told me tt it's becos nowadays FM milk change alrdy... so taking FM also means taking water liao... if add on somemore (too much) water baby will lao sai and not v good for kidney... tt's y aft i told my mum what pd said,she v scare, nv ever ask "why dun u let baby try some water" haha!!

BbpHir3

oic... no wonder.... when then can give water.. i now give dear daughter drink juice (suitable from 6months to 3 years) dilute somemore with water when weather hot/ she just woke up/ after her cereal meals..

annie03

my cousin and her mother keep asked why i dont feed dear son water! i told them the reason and pediatrician said it's dangerous to feed babies water.. my cousin keep say her boy is 4yr old and last time she also feed him water and nth goes wrong.. then my mother said "last time police wear shorts (bermuda) !!!" HAHA!!!
haha, happy for you cos at least now ur mum understand n supports you... =)

annie03

that's what i ask pediatrician before haha!! he then told me that it's becos nowadays FM milk change alrdy... so taking FM also means taking water ... if add on somemore (too much) water baby will lao sai and not very good for kidney... that's why after i told my mum what pediatrician said,she very scare, never ever ask "why dont you let baby try some water" haha!!
haha, ya that's true cos my pediatrician says that too... and unlike us adult, we need to drink alot of water is becos we do actually sweat and drain out the water in us but baby dont need much water at all cos they dont really perspire like us and if too much water is consume, meaning that their kidney will have difficulty in draining off the water and also excessive water in them also means that their kidney gonna work harder.... good that your mum is understanding unlike some stubborn elders..... =)

annie03

oic... no wonder.... when then can give water.. i now give dear daughter drink juice (suitable from 6months to 3 years) dilute somemore with water when weather hot/ she just woke up/ after her cereal meals..
You can actually give ur child water when they started on solids... if weather is hot n you feel tat u wanna give water to ur baby below 6mths, one or two drips is ok as advised by my pd... =)

Ting

hv been feeding pin with water since day1.
she's still healthy n now, she has a good habit of drinking water. :)

stonston

I TBF my boy so nvr give any water until he started solid food. now he is a 'water bucket'. can hold his bottle n keep drinking non stop :p

apollo

i was told that once they start solid food, can start intro them water alrdy, bit by bit... but if b4 start solid food, wanna feed water also can, but not too much, a few drip like that...