Question on breast feeding

cmeilim

Did u let your PD know abt this? Sounds like bad reflux to me....My baby didn't have this problem, so I don't really have first-hand experience on how to deal with it. But I know a girlfriend whose baby had similar experience took her baby for baby massages and apparently it helped. Perhaps other mummies with similar experiences in their babies can advise you better.

diymummy

Does the regurgitated milk smell sourish or has curds (like tao huey)? If yes, it could be reflux. If no, your baby could be overfed.

Anyway, if you bring her to see a pd, if the vomit happens during burping, it is not counted. Only if the vomitting occurs an hr after feeds and in those quantities, then it is usually a cause for concern.

diymummy

My son has mild reflux. It's at its worst at 4 mths and 5 mths. He outgrew it somewhat by 8 mths.

Even after regurgitating, if your baby is still producing 6-8 wet diapers a day and gaining weight, it should be ok.

jean1986

i dont know where to post this question.
i stopped breastfeeding at 6 weeks as i'm back to work and i always feel horrible (weak) after breastfeeding. now my boy is already 10 weeks, possible to restart breastfeeding as my milk supply has already stopped?

soapsoap

i have an question as i am total breast feed my gal, i was thinking when i go back to work after my maternity leave my mother in law will be taking care of my gal, as i express out the milk and freeze into milk bar, if my MIL want to bring my gal out how can she bring the milk out??

Cos i don don intend to give my gal any forumal milk.

adelynn

i have an question as i am total breast feed my gal, i was thinking when i go back to work after my maternity leave my mother in law will be taking care of my gal, as i express out the milk and freeze into milk bar, if my mother in law want to bring my gal out how can she bring the milk out??

Cos i dont dont intend to give my gal any forumal milk.
this is what my parents/helper/hubby do when they bring baby out without me:
- they put the no. of feeds they estimate they need into her milk bottle and bring it out in the cooler bag (they put ice packs inside to keep it chilled)
- they bring also a tommee tippee thermal flask so that when she wants to drink, they pour the water out and let the milk stand to warm up.

what i like about the tommee tippee travel food & bottle warmer is that its a hot water holder and a bottle/food stander at the same time. no need to bring additional cups. i think they are other models similar to this in the market but for the kinda price it was going for, i would say worth it.

closer to nature ® Travel Bottle Warmer | Tommee Tippee

soapsoap

this is what my parents/helper/hubby do when they bring baby out without me:
- they put the no. of feeds they estimate they need into her milk bottle and bring it out in the cooler bag (they put ice packs inside to keep it chilled)
- they bring also a tommee tippee thermal flask so that when she wants to drink, they pour the water out and let the milk stand to warm up.

what i like about the tommee tippee travel food & bottle warmer is that its a hot water holder and a bottle/food stander at the same time. no need to bring additional cups. i think they are other models similar to this in the market but for the kinda price it was going for, i would say worth it.

closer to nature ® Travel Bottle Warmer | Tommee Tippee

how long is the milk able to last in the cooler bag?

adelynn

how long is the milk able to last in the cooler bag?
if they are going to be out for less than 4 hours, i use 2 ice packs.
if they are going out to be more than that, i use 4 ice packs.

And by the time we want to use the milk, the frozen EBM would still be slightly frozen.

soapsoap

I am back with question again

my gal ow is 1 month 14day old, she have been drinking onli 5-6 min per feed every 2 hour this few day during day time while night time she can drink up to 15 min and only wake up 3 to 4 hour,

is it normal?? i have quite good milk supply and she seem happy havinng poo and pee

she also very very sleepy that she can sleep throught the day onli wake up for feed onli, should i wake her up don let her sleep?

i have an question as i am total breast feed my gal, i was thinking when i go back to work after my maternity leave my mother in law will be taking care of my gal, as i express out the milk and freeze into milk bar, if my mother in law want to bring my gal out how can she bring the milk out??

Cos i dont dont intend to give my gal any forumal milk.
hi soapsoap, what my mother in law did was she bring the EBM out in a cooler bag and also bring hot water out together. so that she can warm up the EBM when it's time to feed baby. Abit troublesome but think this is the only way bah. cos cannot warm the EBM first and bring out . My guy friend also do it this way, when bring baby out himself, will bring EBM and hot water.

hi soapsoap, what my mother in law did was she bring the EBM out in a cooler bag and also bring hot water out together. so that she can warm up the EBM when it's time to feed baby. Abit troublesome but think this is the only way bah. cos cannot warm the EBM first and bring out . My guy friend also do it this way, when bring baby out himself, will bring EBM and hot water.
oops..did not know there is a page 2, the above question answered alrdy..hehehe..

btw, i will not wake my baby up for feed if he is sleeping cos i think when he is hungry he will wake me up...:001_302: and cos old pple say "baby grow more when they are sleepying"

soapsoap

oops..did not know there is a page 2, the above question answered alrdy..hehehe..

btw, i will not wake my baby up for feed if he is sleeping cos i think when he is hungry he will wake me up...:001_302: and cos old pple say "baby grow more when they are sleepying"
My baby gal is very scary she can she the whole day and only wake up for milk and drink onli like 4 or 5 minute and that it. she will continue to sleep no matter how i try to wake her she will not wake up. Maybe she a pre term aby tat y so sleepy