Question on Delivery Day

Astar

Experienced mummies.. would like to prepare myself and hub on what to do on the BIG day.. need some advises...

Say, i'm at home and the water bag burst... we grab our bag and go to the hospital right? Will the water still keep flowing out? ie, in the car, in the hospital?

And upon reaching TMC, where do I proceed to?

:embarrassed:

Scared leh....

CanCanMum

yeah it will keep flowing but its a gush first den trickle trickle...

for me it gushed out and wet the whole floor....den i took a taxi to KKH... i grabbed my work bag and a jacket (to lay it on the taxi seat before i seat on it lols) and when i reached KKH was admitted to delivery suite straightaway....my DH brought my prepacked hospital bag from home to the delivery suite....

but not all will experience waterbag burst and some will leak but in smaller amounts....

not need to be scared juz let nature take its course....when is your EDD???

Astar

Thanks CanCanMum...

Means I have to get towels to sit on.. hehehe.. and our pants will be wet? so weird leh..

My EDD is June 15...

CanCanMum

yeah lor lols

but not all will experience water bag burst la....i dink 20 percent of women...i got this from the back of my mind .....some survey thing....heeheee

so dun worry la....

ochklk

Thanks CanCanMum...

Means I have to get towels to sit on.. hehehe.. and our pants will be wet? so weird leh..

My EDD is June 15...
U can wear a pad and change if u r at home, I wore pantie liner to make sure i nv leak or have stain during my pregnancy.

lisa_ng

yeah lor lols

but not all will experience water bag burst la....i dink 20 percent of women...i got this from the back of my mind .....some survey thing....heeheee

so dun worry la....
true de.. my water bag burst only like mins before my girl came. :001_302:
water gush out for tat moment then dun noe wat happen le.

Astar

Ai yo.. when we watch those drama shows it like almost 100% of their preg woman will experience water bag burst... hahaha

apollo

Ai yo.. when we watch those drama shows it like almost 100% of their preg woman will experience water bag burst... hahaha
u same as my hubby leh!!! he always tell me he'll only send me to the hospital when my waterbag burst.. he said no matter hw pain i'm, as long as waterbag not burst den dun nd go hospital! *faint*

u same as my hubby leh!!! he always tell me he'll only send me to the hospital when my waterbag burst.. he said no matter hw pain i'm, as long as waterbag not burst den dun nd go hospital! *faint*
My waterbag din burst when give birth to my DD my gynea burst the waterbag for me ( feel very uncomfortable )... I go to hospital when I have a show

Catty

Haha!!! Ur hubby very funny leh... :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Scali the baby come out at home how??? :001_302:

apollo

Haha!!! Ur hubby very funny leh... :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Scali the baby come out at home how??? :001_302:
i asked b4 leh.. he said "just PUSH lo, i below catch"... he said if waterbag haven burst mean not ready for labour so go hospital must wait, waste time.. i told him alot ppl's waterbag is burst by gynae or in the labour room, he dun believe, he said i 1st time mummy hw come know so much? #$%^&*%@@#%!

Catty

i asked b4 leh.. he said "just PUSH lo, i below catch"... he said if waterbag haven burst mean not ready for labour so go hospital must wait, waste time.. i told him alot ppl's waterbag is burst by gynae or in the labour room, he dun believe, he said i 1st time mummy hw come know so much? #$%^&*%@@#%!
Should ask your hubby join Mediacorp comedy actor liao.. :tlaugh:

He say very easy hor, just catch only ah? Later when he saw the placenta, dunno wat he's gonna try to play with it liao.. :001_302:

For my gynae, he won't let me waste time in the hospital de lor, my gynae say best is that my contraction pain till cannot stand than admit. :embarrassed:

apollo

Should ask your hubby join Mediacorp comedy actor liao.. :tlaugh:

He say very easy hor, just catch only ah? Later when he saw the placenta, dunno wat he's gonna try to play with it liao.. :001_302:

For my gynae, he won't let me waste time in the hospital de lor, my gynae say best is that my contraction pain till cannot stand than admit. :embarrassed:
HAHA!! he say say only la.. if he realli so li hai,can be gynae liao den my life will be better! LOL... i heard tt if go in too early will ex wor cos the labour room is charge hourly..

Catty

HAHA!! he say say only la.. if he realli so li hai,can be gynae liao den my life will be better! LOL... i heard tt if go in too early will ex wor cos the labour room is charge hourly..
Actually depend on the how many you given birth before.

My 1st gal - 2am start mild contraction than i go bath all this, eat and watch tv till midnight charge finish than i take cab down to hospital till 12+ afternoon than give birth.. :embarrassed:

2nd gal - 10am waterbag burst, same go bath, eat all this than reach hospital 12pm till 3pm bb come out liao..

From what i see majority 1st birth won't be that fast so can slowly take your own sweet time but of cos you also got to monitor your contractions is mild or strong, if too strong than really gt to rush liao lo.. :001_302:

apollo

Actually depend on the how many you given birth before.

My 1st gal - 2am start mild contraction than i go bath all this, eat and watch tv till midnight charge finish than i take cab down to hospital till 12+ afternoon than give birth.. :embarrassed:

2nd gal - 10am waterbag burst, same go bath, eat all this than reach hospital 12pm till 3pm bb come out liao..

From what i see majority 1st birth won't be that fast so can slowly take your own sweet time but of cos you also got to monitor your contractions is mild or strong, if too strong than really gt to rush liao lo.. :001_302:
i'll be going for c-sect... hehe.. yalo heard tt most 1st baby takes more than 10 hrs!! so scary!!!

Catty

i'll be going for c-sect... hehe.. yalo heard tt most 1st baby takes more than 10 hrs!! so scary!!!
actually my 1st birth, mild pain 5 hrs, only the last 5 hrs than strong pain but lucky i got jab epidural if not i sure faint.. :001_302:

lisa_ng

first time mummy may not know whether the pain is mild or strong. hehe
like me, i was calling the nurse many times whenever the pain come.
then nurse asked if the pain still bearable if yes, then stay in the ward first.
but the time i can answer the nurse the pain was alright until the next contraction come again.
but it wasn't the worst until like 4hours before actual labour. even worse was like an hour or so before baby popped.

Beanie

My waterbag burst after i have my dinner at the hawker centre. I feel got something 'pop' inside luckily im wearing pantyliner and the water neber gush out. Just abit of leaking. Faster went bk hm sit on the toiletbowl then the water start to flow out naturally abit at a time.....faster grab my bag then rush dwn to hospital liao.

forbearing

mine is having contraction..water bag burst minutes before bb's out..
when you have regular contraction or bleed or water bag burst..
its about time to go hospital already..
there's a information counter on 1st floor somewhere near the toilet..
the person will advise you what to do..
i just given birth on the 28th april at TMC..hee

Yuki Miaka

mine is having contraction..water bag burst minutes before bb's out..
when you have regular contraction or bleed or water bag burst..
its about time to go hospital already..
there's a information counter on 1st floor somewhere near the toilet..
the person will advise you what to do..
i just given birth on the 28th april at TMC..hee

ehh last night i bleed at 11pm, then early morning 4 am and 7am... but no contraction, no water bag burst,,, rest at home till morning then go see gynae.. he told me onli dilated 1 cm... and ask me go back home and see him next week...

if in between got contraction then go straight to admit hospital.... but i dun know in between in how many hours? days? weeks?:S anyone any idea?