Rashes & Tummy Size

eejess

same here.. hubby n i agree not to spend on presents on special occasions like birthdays or anniversary, instead, we'll bank a certain amt into our joint acc instead.. well, no more flowers n gifts but i dun mind at all..

maneo0302

same here.. hubby n i agree not to spend on presents on special occasions like birthdays or anniversary, instead, we'll bank a certain amt into our joint acc instead.. well, no more flowers n gifts but i dun mind at all..
I agree with savings.. a certain amount every month. But will spend when we have bonus. :)

XenXuan

B4 my our 1st baby,The only thing me n my hubby willing to spend on are food only n online games abit.. Since baby born,we only go have slightly more high end meal once/twice a month or something,e rest all spend on our precious kids.. Seems like all parents r the same from the day they know they are going to be one.. Unspoken sacrifices for their very own children..

eejess

i think is parents natural instinct.. like now i hardly buy anything for myself.. when i clear the credit card bills r all baby stuffs.. hee!

XenXuan

Ya,back then I only knew I was pregnant at 16weeks,was so anxious n worried once I knew I got a baby inside n was still doing all that stuff ppl say pregnant ladies cannot do.. Never stop worry til he was born so healthy n strong.. Now 2nd pregnancy,I'm worrying n panicking over everything again till the day she is born in my arms healthy.. Then start worry about other stuffs for them again lol..

lyra

I'm having rashes too. Glad to know I'm not alone! Can normal moisturizer be used during preg? I can just buy off the counter at pharmacy or do I need to go to shops especially selling things for mums and babies?

XenXuan

I'm having rashes too. Glad to know I'm not alone! Can normal moisturizer be used during preg? I can just buy off the counter at pharmacy or do I need to go to shops especially selling things for mums and babies?
Im using nivea normal moisturizer as i cant stand those stretch mark cream's sticky n itchy feeling on my skin.. i tried using my son's baby johnson's pink moisturizer,realised its not moisturizing enough for my v dry skin in pregnancy.. i avoid those whitening/UV block/vitamin E all those add-ons moisturizers,i juz use the v normal basic ones.. moisturizers on my face oso the same..

maneo0302

Im using nivea normal moisturizer as i cant stand those stretch mark cream's sticky n itchy feeling on my skin.. i tried using my son's baby johnson's pink moisturizer,realised its not moisturizing enough for my v dry skin in pregnancy.. i avoid those whitening/UV block/vitamin E all those add-ons moisturizers,i juz use the v normal basic ones.. moisturizers on my face oso the same..
I'm using Johnson baby oil at night and stretch mark cream in the morning.

Make a pregnancy ticker

lyra

Thanks, mummies! I have a bottle of Johnson's baby moisturiser so I use that first then rub on Stretch mark cream on tummy. Now have to use the moisturiser all over my limbs and my tummy coz rashes are appearing everywhere.

maneo0302

Thanks, mummies! I have a bottle of Johnson's baby moisturiser so I use that first then rub on Stretch mark cream on tummy. Now have to use the moisturiser all over my limbs and my tummy coz rashes are appearing everywhere.
Y have to apply moisturizer then rub stretch mark cream? Im lazy to apply both. :) I have rashes too, but i just dont care so much.

XenXuan

i dun feel stretch mark cream have any much diff from moisturizers haha.. apart from the cocoa butter makes my skin all oily n sticky which makes me feel more itchy haha.. i feel its juz important to keep ur skin moisturized during pregnancy to prevent those stretch marks rite?if really appear stretch marks,those stretch marks cream oso cant help much to reduce it off..

i still got 1 line of stretch mark from my 1st pregnancy that din reduced off untill 1yr back when i massage n use normal moisturizer on it.. was using stretch mark cream on tat line since pregnancy,got worse after i gave birth yet no reduce nor lighten zzz..

maneo0302

i dun feel stretch mark cream have any much diff from moisturizers haha.. apart from the cocoa butter makes my skin all oily n sticky which makes me feel more itchy haha.. i feel its juz important to keep ur skin moisturized during pregnancy to prevent those stretch marks rite?if really appear stretch marks,those stretch marks cream oso cant help much to reduce it off..

i still got 1 line of stretch mark from my 1st pregnancy that din reduced off untill 1yr back when i massage n use normal moisturizer on it.. was using stretch mark cream on tat line since pregnancy,got worse after i gave birth yet no reduce nor lighten zzz..
Maybe I will also get normal moisturizer cream after i finish my strech mark cream!

lyra

Hi! Try not to get stretchmark cream with cocoa butter. Mustela doesn't have. One of my ex-colleagues highly recommend, said this line of product not bad although more ex.

maneo0302

Hi! Try not to get stretchmark cream with cocoa butter. Mustela doesn't have. One of my ex-colleagues highly recommend, said this line of product not bad although more ex.
Oh. I have one unopened stretchmark cream with cocoa butter.

newbiemummy

hello! i am new here! approaching 7th month but everyone says i'm small. its very worrying cos its not like im very skinny naturally. so far I have put on only 3kg!!! i eat normally and gynae says baby is of right size but cant help but worry. Worst pregnancy symptoms are my rashes or eczema. Firstly all over my face, i cannot tahan and went to my GP who gave me creams and it vanished soon after and now I have red little spots over my tummy, back, butt and legs. sigh... how to have pregnancy glow like that?

maneo0302

hello! i am new here! approaching 7th month but everyone says i'm small. its very worrying cos its not like im very skinny naturally. so far I have put on only 3kg!!! i eat normally and gynae says baby is of right size but cant help but worry. Worst pregnancy symptoms are my rashes or eczema. Firstly all over my face, i cannot tahan and went to my GP who gave me creams and it vanished soon after and now I have red little spots over my tummy, back, butt and legs. sigh... how to have pregnancy glow like that?
U dun have to worry about the weight since your gynea says its okay.
Rashes and eczema will disappear later after u deliver.

lyra

My gynae saw my rashes and said it could be eczema. He prescribed special shower oil, moisturiser and medication to apply. I initially used baby lotion but he asked me to stop it. I stopped the lotion and also the stretchmark cream for the time being.

However, the last scanning to see baby is disappointing. He scheduled a last min appointment to talk to hubby and me abt our Oscar test result. He spent more time explaining abt the test, encouraging us to go for amnio and to abort baby if baby is abnormal. We were very certain we want to keep baby regardless, but he kept promoting the amnio so we went back to think abt it. After some lengthly and painful discussion on how we would deal with it if baby really has Down Syndrome, we decide to avoid amnio for the miscarriage risk, and to go through with it no matter what. We prayed to God for baby's health. We are pro-life and believe that all children, no matter what their mental or physical condition is, deserved a chance for life in this world.