Re : Mommies age of 30 and above

Meowmummy

Yes, that is when my boy at 5 months..I quit my job 2 months ago~now I m a Temp stay at home mum.Havent decide to work or be a full time stay at home mum...
Hi JJ2011,
I am thinkin to quit my job after serving my notice at job, though all these will happen only next year, but quitting job mean less income, how did u come about this decision to stay at home?

JJ2011

Hi JJ2011,
I am thinkin to quit my job after serving my notice at job, though all these will happen only next year, but quitting job mean less income, how did u come about this decision to stay at home?
Hi,Meowmummy, a long story to share with you. I am the worry type..(which means I hope to save more $$$ if I decide to be a SAHM. During my pregnancy, my hubby STRONGLY ask me to quit based on several reasons(like: unstable pregnancy, office politic). I object because I wish to save $$ for bb expenses.. Fews months later, I decided to quit when I resumed my work (due to the office politic). And the other reason is bonding.:001_302: . But, I think I still coping to be a SAHM. It is happy to play with your bb, but sometimes I felt bore.(maybe I m not mature yet:embarrassed: ). What is your plan?
**fyi, Yes, look after your child is happy,but are you prepare?**

JJ2011

Hi JJ2011,
Btw, Meowmummy, I take care of the bb, & my hubby take care of the family:eek:

Meowmummy

Hi,Meowmummy, a long story to share with you. I am the worry type..(which means I hope to save more $$$ if I decide to be a SAHM. During my pregnancy, my hubby STRONGLY ask me to quit based on several reasons(like: unstable pregnancy, office politic). I object because I wish to save $$ for bb expenses.. Fews months later, I decided to quit when I resumed my work (due to the office politic). And the other reason is bonding.:001_302: . But, I think I still coping to be a SAHM. It is happy to play with your bb, but sometimes I felt bore.(maybe I m not mature yet:embarrassed: ). What is your plan?
**fyi, Yes, look after your child is happy,but are you prepare?**
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hi JJ2011, yeah this is the same question i am asking myself, so for now i try to save lot and lot of money, haha. Next year, after ML, i try working 1st, i intend to let my mom n mil take care of baby 1st. If i can't do with my dearie baby, i will quit eventually.[/FONT]​

raoow

I'm also a SAHM! Technically not a mom yet cos i'm expecting my first and now 16 weeks. In Boon Keng but will move to Woodlands for 2 months when my place is undergoing Reno.

Qookie

LOL. Primary school monsters?! :) MummyMonica, you're hilarious. Haha.

JJ2011, i totally understand what you're going through. Coz i struggled with going back to work (i liked my job, colleagues and bosses) versus being a SAHM. I chose the latter. I agree it can be boring at times. But the boredom is pretty short lived- they nap for shorter and shorter time as they grow up. And when they are older, they'll be able to do more adult stuff like crafts, shopping and cooking. Yeah, i'm a worry wart too. Trying to save money, which means no more shopping! Haha. Kinda made me realise how those things are unnecessary ;)

JJ2011

Hi JJ2011, yeah this is the same question i am asking myself, so for now i try to save lot and lot of money, haha. Next year, after ML, i try working 1st, i intend to let my mom n mil take care of baby 1st. If i can't do with my dearie baby, i will quit eventually.
Hi,meowmummy, you are lucky as you have mil to help out. After you knock off, you can play with your bb. And while the same time you can earn $$$:tlaugh:..I still struggle with this things on n off:001_302:, therefore, I keep looking new skills & some home base job.

JJ2011

LOL. Primary school monsters?! :) MummyMonica, you're hilarious. Haha.

JJ2011, i totally understand what you're going through. Coz i struggled with going back to work (i liked my job, colleagues and bosses) versus being a SAHM. I chose the latter. I agree it can be boring at times. But the boredom is pretty short lived- they nap for shorter and shorter time as they grow up. And when they are older, they'll be able to do more adult stuff like crafts, shopping and cooking. Yeah, i'm a worry wart too. Trying to save money, which means no more shopping! Haha. Kinda made me realise how those things are unnecessary ;)
Hi,Qookie, I felt embrassing bcos I still shop for myself & bb stuff.:001_302:

Qookie

Hi JJ2011! Haha. I'm sure we've all succumbed to temptation every now and then. As long as it's not as frequent as compared to when we had an income at our disposal! Haha ;)

JJ2011

Hi JJ2011! Haha. I'm sure we've all succumbed to temptation every now and then. As long as it's not as frequent as compared to when we had an income at our disposal! Haha ;)
Hi Qookie, then I think the first & important rule is ban from going out:001_302: (for my case :p)

JuliaKT

I too wanted to be a stay home mom just because I found troublesome hiring the maid and my mother-in-law is not able to take care the baby alone.. Last week, my maid went back home and everything was chaotic. I've to take leave and take care of baby. It is really nice staying at home with my girl but very tired too. For one whole week, busy with house chores and taking care of her is not as easy as I think.. haha.. Yes, sometimes, I found it boring since I couldn't go shopping or surf internet. :D
If possible, I still prefer to be a stay home mom but the timing is not right for me yet.. Hubby still taking part time study and I have to work to save more $$$ for baby's future..
I'm so envied to those mummies who could stay with their babies full time.

Meowmummy

This week my baby is 3mths! But i am really clueless of what to prepare, from diapers to breast pump. Can any mum kindly enlighten me?

Starling

Yup!!! N no more shopping for mi too :( hv to save for now n planning to return back to work (pt) when he is older, like 2yo.

What home base job r u doing? Can share? As I'm also looking for options/alternatives to earn abit of pocket money for myself :eek:

Starling

JJ2011, how old is ur bb? N what is the daily schedule like? I hope I can cope on my own. As currently my mum is helping mi n my bb is super cranky in the afternoon tt I can't do anything. Hv to b carried all the time even when he slps.