Re : Mommies age of 30 and above

Starling

Meowmummy, I feel u. I was clueless back then. I went to robinsons n they hv a checklist of what to prepare for baby. From sleeping, feeding to Travelling. Breastpump is best to get double pump. Saves time.

Meowmummy

Meowmummy, I feel u. I was clueless back then. I went to robinsons n they hv a checklist of what to prepare for baby. From sleeping, feeding to Travelling. Breastpump is best to get double pump. Saves time.
Hi Starling, Yes!, me and hubby is like what to prepare???? thanks, i will go robinsons to take a look.

JJ2011

This week my baby is 3mths! But i am really clueless of what to prepare, from diapers to breast pump. Can any mum kindly enlighten me?
Hi Meowmummy, I can remember abit only (memory loss after birth :p) & dunno how I go thru that period.I remembered last time we shop all the baby fairssssss, buy those baby's magazines, "shop" library too. And ask family / friends & visit any forums that talk about bb stuff.. So, from here & there to collect "informations"

JJ2011

Starling, the pump is manual or auto that you bought?

JJ2011

Yup!!! N no more shopping for mi too :( hv to save for now n planning to return back to work (pt) when he is older, like 2yo.

What home base job r u doing? Can share? As I'm also looking for options/alternatives to earn abit of pocket money for myself :eek:
Starling, I still looking for a job that earn me pocket $$:001_302:..But not that easy..still searching..Btw, I do join some survey..

JJ2011

JJ2011, how old is ur bb? N what is the daily schedule like? I hope I can cope on my own. As currently my mum is helping mi n my bb is super cranky in the afternoon tt I can't do anything. Hv to b carried all the time even when he slps.
Hi, my bb is 10month now.My schedule is normal..when he woke up, will bath him. Let him watch videos(song) & make him sleep.In the afternoon, After he wake up, feed n play with him. I will bring him to park for a walk if no rains. He likes to "eat" the teething rusks..will spend some time there..I Will let him crawl here n there in the living room..will let him "listen" some CD(nursery songs)..sometimes,window shopping for him & shopping for me :001_302:..In the evening, feed him ,bath him, hubby play with him n sleep. Paisay, dunno whether this will help u or not..This activity not fix.Depend on his mood.

Starling

JJ2011, the pump I bought is auto. Save alot of time n energy. Usually pump for 15 mins aft my night feed. But the amt is very miserable. Need to store some excess when I go back work to serve my notice.

Hmmm, u able to cook n do other hse chores? Like laundry, vaccum etc? Cos now my bb so clinging n cranky I can hardly even go toilet. He just wants to b carried n cannot go into deep slp.

JuliaKT

This week my baby is 3mths! But i am really clueless of what to prepare, from diapers to breast pump. Can any mum kindly enlighten me?
I feel the same too.. I was clueless what to do back then..
1. Buy Loads of Diapers and Wipes
2. Breast pumps (I bought Ameda dual electric pump) + Pumpinpal strap and Super Shield(bought from mumsfairy Mumsfairy - For all your baby breastfeeding and breastpumping needs. The website for motherhood and pregnancy. Everything on maternity, breast pumps, breast milk storage, increase milk supply, best breast pumps, boost milk supply and frozen breast mi)
3. Milk bottles, Milk storage, Ice packs
4. bottles Sterilizer
5.Bottle and food warmer
6. beaba babycook ( if you want to introduce solid early)
7. Already have the baby cot, baby stroller etc?
8. Baby map for her to play and for tummy time. next time, it is used for crawling too :D
9. Lots of baby books to read, baby songs vcds, and toys ( my daughter likes me reading for her as small as 3months)

That's all I remember which I bought during my baby is 3-4 months.. Any other things to add?? I went to every baby fair and collect things slowly....

Qookie

I heard there's a big OG baby fair now till 14th April. MeowMummy, you can check that out. Your baby is 3 months old? Or you're 3 months pregnant? Sorry, i'm blur here. Hee.

JJ2011

JJ2011, the pump I bought is auto. Save alot of time n energy. Usually pump for 15 mins aft my night feed. But the amt is very miserable. Need to store some excess when I go back work to serve my notice.

Hmmm, u able to cook n do other hse chores? Like laundry, vaccum etc? Cos now my bb so clinging n cranky I can hardly even go toilet. He just wants to b carried n cannot go into deep slp.
Hi, Normally I will wake up around 6am++ to cook his porridge,sweep/Mop the floor,wash his clothes or our laundary. If he wake up late, I can even eat breakfast & take a shower. I cook once awhile only.
Mine also auto. But, my fren said manual is better..And me too..I dun have many milk~last time I feel depressed too (due to hormone,I think:001_302:)

shee

Hi girls.. I have a 19 mths old girl..

Meowmummy - I have a list of things to get. If u want, I can email to u.

Qookie

Hey MeowMummy, good luck on your pregnancy! ;)

Maybe you can do some research online on the essential baby stuff and start buying them when there's a good sale (like GSS should be coming soon!) and when you're in your 2nd trimester.

One advice is to get only the essential stuff first. Things like stroller, car seat (if you own a car), baby cot, sterilizer, basic newborn onesies (don't get too many, they outgrow them fast), diapers (again, not too many), mittens, booties, nursing bras and breast pump (if you want).

You don't need to get a lot of the non-essentials till later when your baby is born, because some babies hate being swaddled, refuse to suck pacifiers and can be quite picky with their milk bottle teats. Different babies different preferences.

Meowmummy

Hey MeowMummy, good luck on your pregnancy! ;)

Maybe you can do some research online on the essential baby stuff and start buying them when there's a good sale (like GSS should be coming soon!) and when you're in your 2nd trimester.

One advice is to get only the essential stuff first. Things like stroller, car seat (if you own a car), baby cot, sterilizer, basic newborn onesies (don't get too many, they outgrow them fast), diapers (again, not too many), mittens, booties, nursing bras and breast pump (if you want).

You don't need to get a lot of the non-essentials till later when your baby is born, because some babies hate being swaddled, refuse to suck pacifiers and can be quite picky with their milk bottle teats. Different babies different preferences.
Yeah,Qookie, i am doing my research thru forum and asking my friends aro.I also just went to breastfeeding workshop learn more about breastfeed. i guess this is another journey of learning!

Wisdom Rain

Hi mommies,

I'm 34 this year and just got to know I'm pregnant. EDD Dec13. Joining this forum to learn from all experience mommies!

Hi mommies,

I'm 34 this year and just got to know I'm pregnant. EDD Dec13. Joining this forum to learn from all experience mommies!
Congrats and enjoy the journey!
BTW I am past the 35 'bracket' and looking forward to welcome baby no. 3 in just a few weeks' time. This is what I call hitting the 'reset' button as my 2 kiddos are already in Pri sch. . :wong19: