Recipe for Chocolate Cornflakes???

camom

You are referring to the non-bake type right?

Ingredients
100 g cooking chocolate
Cornflakes - crushed
Hundreds & Thousands

1) Melt chocolate. Add cornflakes, make sure well coated by chocolate.
2) Scoop mixture with teaspoon and put into disposable patty cups.
3) Sprinkle hundreds and thousands.
4) Refrigerate to harden. Keep in air tight container

apollo

camom mummy, may i know which chocolate u used? dark or milk? or can mix?? can i use microwave to melt the chocolate instead of using the stove??

angelwendy

You are referring to the non-bake type right?

Ingredients
100 g cooking chocolate
Cornflakes - crushed
Hundreds & Thousands

1) Melt chocolate. Add cornflakes, make sure well coated by chocolate.
2) Scoop mixture with teaspoon and put into disposable patty cups.
3) Sprinkle hundreds and thousands.
4) Refrigerate to harden. Keep in air tight container

May i knw wat is cooking chocolate ? is it buy from the baking store??

lis

u can get cooking chocolate from baking store or even big supermarkets like cold storage, they shud have it..

camom

camom mummy, may i know which chocolate you used? dark or milk? or can mix?? can i use microwave to melt the chocolate instead of using the stove??
I use cooking chocolate. I get from either Pooh Huat or Sun Lik at Seah street.

Can use microwave. With microwave, I set like 10 sec each, then stir. Don't wait till chocolate is fully melted before you stop cos it'll burn very fast. The residual heat is enuf to melt the remaining lumps.

For stove, must double boil and make sure you don't get water into the chocolate cos it'll seize and u can't use it anymore.

xicloudix

is this receipe the one same as chocolate rice puffs??? Once my colleague let me try chocolate rice puff, very nice and i keep asking how to make it, she told me its made by her sis and its juz chocolate mix with rice puffs (those like corn flakes) but i tried mixing it..

but not sucessful coz either chocolate too hard cannot bite or the rice puffs all not crispy, seems soggy soggy...

apollo

May i knw what is cooking chocolate ? is it buy from the baking store??
cooking choco is those choco that has to be cook b4 eating (if i'm not wrong) instead of those instant one which we can just eat it :001_302: correct me if i'm wrong :001_302:

meiteoh

The chocolate we eat is sweetened and contains more milk, sugar, etc (referring to milk chocolate and not dark chocolate variety) but baking chocolate is often bitter or unsweetened and contains anywhere from 50 to 58 percent cocoa butter. Good quality ones have a higher content. Some like chocolate chips are semi-sweet. Usually, if the recipe doesn't state to use semi-sweet (or not), assume that it is in reference to unsweetened baking chocolate.

You can get baking or cooking chocolate from places like Fair Price, Cold Storage and so forth. Just look under baking supplies AND not the chocolate section. :p