Red spots after high fever

tinkerball

My boy have been having continous high fever for the past 4 days. today the fever stopped but when i took him for a shower this morning i noticed red spots all over his body including face. he's not scratching though. dun think its his medication cos previously he's been taking the same medicine without problems. im waiting to see if it gets worse tomorrow before deciding to take him to the doctor. any mummies experience this?need advice pls.

annie

yea diymummy is right. its normal. dun worry too much bout it. my pd was telling me no need to do anything to the rash. will go off in a few days.

diymummy

does this means i dont need to bring him to doctor?
LOL. I didn't say it is normal. I only refered you to a thread.

You should seek medical attention immediately.

Here's more info of the condition:
Roseola

Roseola is just my guess because it's similar to what the other thread describes. It could be a another condition/disease/bug we don't know abt so you should bring your son to a doctor very soon.

tinkerball

LOL. I didn't say it is normal. I only refered you to a thread.

You should seek medical attention immediately.

Here's more info of the condition:
Roseola

Roseola is just my guess because it's similar to what the other thread describes. It could be a another condition/disease/bug we dont't know about so you should bring your son to a doctor very soon.
Ic.. ic.. diymummy thank u so much. never experience this before. totally clueless. the info really helps a lot.:tlaugh:

jojoki

if got rashes means fever break! the rash will keep spreading ... fr few days thn fade off. no need see doctor.. just put calamine lotion to soothe him more..

wenz

dun worry dear, the rashes will goes off in few days, encounter this twice, they call it fake/false measles, usually it occurs on baby after having high/prolonged fever and the body will expel toxin out so there are rashes all over baby...
but if the rashes lasted more then 1 week, then its better to seek medical advice...

Ting

hmmmm, IMO, if u r really concerned n it is affecting or bothering u, just bring him to the doc to hv it checked.
afterall, we r not professionals, we also dunno exactly what kind of rashes/red spots u r talking abt.
cos in any case, if we r wrong, it is not just a "normal" situation, n anything bad (touchwood) happens, then how?
so best is to seek advice from your doc n give yourself a peace of mind.
and for me, by the 2nd night if my child's high fever has not subside, i will alr bring her to the doctor n not wait more than 3 days.

n also allergies to medications or whatever food, sometimes symptoms only appear in the later stage.
so even if he is not allergic to something b4, dun mean he wont in the future.

Last edited:

Evon

My son was having high fever last thurs too, then on fri morning he also have alot of rashes on the whole body. I brought him to KK hospital. The doc prescride him calament lotion and was better after that.

lekdao

My boy have been having continous high fever for the past 4 days. today the fever stopped but when i took him for a shower this morning i noticed red spots all over his body including face. he's not scratching though. dont think its his medication cos previously he's been taking the same medicine without problems. im waiting to see if it gets worse tomorrow before deciding to take him to the doctor. any mummies experience this?need advice pls.
Dun worry, its normal. My gal just had rashes after a few days of high fever.
When i spotted the rashes, i knew is normal but to be safe i brought her to PD. PD told me is the germs inside the body, not to worry. It will goes off in 3-5 days time, gave some medication standby if it itch.

Juan

hi, my girl also had the rashes after a few days continuos of fever. The rashes will gone in one or two days. No need to worry so much..

meiteoh

Eva too developed this recently - well, actually this morning! She had a low-grade fever for two days and it broke yesterday. I'm not particularly worried because she's still quite active and eating well. My take is that if she can fuss and demand for stuff, she's fine. :p

I'll only worry if she appears lethargic, take stuff that she doesn't like without a fight and etc.

Of course if the rash is still there for a week, then it's a visit to the paed for her. :)

hpc

Baby develop rashes when they got fever,sometimes is heaty .Baby who drink formula milk must drink water,juices,boil chinese bartley water with rock sugar,give them every wk.Now as weather is dam hot,boil apple or pear juice with nan bei xin(almond),honey dates.These drink will help ur little ones ,less fevish,normal poo poo,stomach-flu,lesser cough.Trust me I have been boiling for my little ones n they sedlom falls sick.(doctor can close door already)hehehehe:001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302: