Reduce water retention

lyra

Anyone knows how to prevent or reduce water retention? I nvr had it until 7 mth preg. Sigh I thot I could escape water retention. It's a bit irritating as my hands feel swollen n my shoes seem too small. Also has weird burning sensation on palms n feet :(

Divameow

Anyone knows how to prevent or reduce water retention? I never had it until 7 month preg. Sigh I thot I could escape water retention. It's a bit irritating as my hands feel swollen n my shoes seem too small. Also has weird burning sensation on palms n feet :(

get a pool of warm lukewater and place your feet into it. try for 15 mins and see if the water retention subsized. bear in mind, this is only temporarily. for me, i do have water retention during my pregnancy and i went to swimming pool for a swim without knowing that by 'soaking' your feet into water could really subsized it temporarily.

Drink more water! My water retention was mild, can c the swell swell but cant feel it. Super fun to poke press n watch that area dent in n slowly 'come up'.

lyra

Lol U even c it as fun haha. I thot I shdn't drink too much water actually... I'm drinking a lot of liquid coz of the higher body temp n the hot weather. Not sure whether drinking too much water at night aggreviate it...
Drink more water! My water retention was mild, can c the swell swell but cant feel it. Super fun to poke press n watch that area dent in n slowly 'come up'.

xiaodaisy

previously i took red bean soup to reduce the water retention ..

donno if it works for everyone but hope it helps ..

hotmilktea

eat less salty food for sure. and lift ur legs up when u sleep at night.
my gynae said legs sldnt be swell in the morning, if it does, it is quite bad.
i hasnt got it yet, but i guess its hard to escape in the later part of the pregnancy like probably 8 or 9 months.

Alisa

i only have finger retention abit, not that swell but already cannot wear my wedding ring liao. fingers will feel pain too like when i wan to staple paper...

I use to think is drink too much water then will have. End up then know is cos u dont drink enough thats y yr body retent (store),the water. Not sure how true but for me i drink at least 4l of water daily n has lil water retention issue when i was pregnant. But of cos will end up go toilet alot la.
Not that i love drinking water, but ever since i kana UTI i start making myself drink alot water till now habit already. Plain water..

pixie

Yes, drink lots of water...just plain ones, that should help to improve dehydration/reduction of water.

XenXuan

Get a pillow under ur feet/lower leg area when u sleep or lie down to rest.this will help the blood circulation better n reduce water retention.the pillow should be big firm but not too hard or high type,slightly heavier pillow so tat u won't kick the pillow off when asleep.drink more water in mouthfuls n small sips not more than 1/2 cup each time,dun drink in large amount as it will cause u more swelling n toilet trips as the water wasn't really absorbed into body.rem to take ur supplements to keep the nutrition intake well to reduce numbness.if really bad,get a leg /body massage can help the retention n pain too.

bangalah

i only have finger retention abit, not that swell but already cannot wear my wedding ring . fingers will feel pain too like when i want to staple paper...
Hi Alisa, i shared the same problem as you.. can't wear my wedding ring. My hands feel pain n numb especially when wake up...

Phoebii Cheng

Yes reduce salt intake....even when u drink soup or eat soupy stuff outside, dun drink the soup cos' it is "tasty" hence might contain salt....

and drink more water......

Alisa

Yes reduce salt intake....even when u drink soup or eat soupy stuff outside, dun drink the soup cos' it is "tasty" hence might contain salt....

and drink more water......
huh.. thats what i like best! i always finish every drop of soup! haahha...

Gem2505

I had very bad water retention back then.
Gynae asked me to drink 100+.
can try..
100+ has no sugar and it burn off easily compared to normal water ( i suppose )

Alisa

I had very bad water retention back then.
Gynae asked me to drink 100+.
can try..
100+ has no sugar and it burn off easily compared to normal water ( i suppose )
Great!!! now i have reason to tell my hubby i wan to drink 100+ liao!!! Thank u!!

hotmilktea

But i thought 100+ has salt and we didn't exercise enough to have the need to replenish.
Water retention sld hv less salt intake. strange.

No prob. i had 100+ till i scared. haha. if only coke can have the same effect. LOLx!

Last edited:

lyra

Exactly, hotmilktea! I wad drinking 100+ until I got water retention n I thot the salt content isn't helping so I cut down... So it's can take or cannot take? I kind of like 100+...