Reno Contractor to recommend

Oppsgal

Ooohhh for this kind of simple bedframe its actually cheaper to buy outside. This design is quite simple, can find it at ikea oredi

IKEA | Bedroom furniture | Double beds

most furniture shops have this kind of simple bedframe costing less than 800 i think.
Dont feel like buying as I am thinking built in will have less dust to clean. Too much dust behind the bed frame. Built in also easier to paint the surrounding walls. Got a line already so easier to touch up.

lis

cancan.. i wanna reno my kitchen.. maybe u can PM ur contact details.. so i can call or kip in touch w u.. so u can help me it.. my budget around 4-5k.. w these budget, wot stuffs can i do..? like hacking old dish washing area.. change PVC piping to copper or stainless steel piping.. build cabinets.. enuf anot uh..??

CanCanMum

Dont feel like buying as I am thinking built in will have less dust to clean. Too much dust behind the bed frame. Built in also easier to paint the surrounding walls. Got a line already so easier to touch up.
built in has its pros and cons. Actually sometimes i prefer loose coz i can move out the bed to clean. But definitely will prefer built in for something tat is different from wads selling outside.

in tat case i would recommend u to just do a wall backing for your bed, so tat your bed rests flat against the backing, becoz its really not worth it to custom make a bed tat can be bought easily outside with tat design. Unless u wan something different den its worth the $ and effort.

some pple buy a divan set without bedhead, so they custom make the bedhead alone, oso another cost effective option.

Oppsgal

built in has its pros and cons. Actually sometimes i prefer loose coz i can move out the bed to clean. But definitely will prefer built in for something that is different from wads selling outside.

in that case i would recommend you to just do a wall backing for your bed, so that your bed rests flat against the backing, becoz its really not worth it to custom make a bed that can be bought easily outside with that design. Unless you want something different then its worth the $ and effort.

some pple buy a divan set without bedhead, so they custom make the bedhead alone, also another cost effective option.
Thanks for the information. Maybe I wont do the built in then. :001_302:

tinkerball

Can can, is it possible to built in stove on existing cabinets? the flat i just bought got lower cabinet but no stove. or need to hack everything down and built a new one?

CanCanMum

Can can, is it possible to built in stove on existing cabinets? the flat i just bought got lower cabinet but no stove. or need to hack everything down and built a new one?
built in stove works by cutting a hole on table top and cabinets and slot it in.

but u need consider

1. Where to put gas cylinder? Do u have space to house the gas cylinder under the new stove in the extg cabinet?
  2. Strength of the existing cabinet - how good the condition is, make sure it doesnt cause the stove to "drop" after cutting and the plywood is chipped etc or the original contractor did a thin ply tat cannot hold stove (coz last time not catered for supporting a stove)
  3. Wat table top is it? IF its those concrete tiled top then its not possible to cut.
  4. Make sure your new stove operates by battery ignition or sparks gun, if u buy an electricity ignition stove, needs power point
so far tats all i can think of ...................

tinkerball

built in stove works by cutting a hole on table top and cabinets and slot it in.

but you need consider
  1. Where to put gas cylinder? Do you have space to house the gas cylinder under the new stove in the extg cabinet?
  2. Strength of the existing cabinet - how good the condition is, make sure it doesnt cause the stove to "drop" after cutting and the plywood is chipped etc or the original contractor did a thin ply that cannot hold stove (coz last time not catered for supporting a stove)
  3. what table top is it? IF its those concrete tiled top then its not possible to cut.
  4. Make sure your new stove operates by battery ignition or sparks gun, if you buy an electricity ignition stove, needs power point
so far tats all i can think of ...................
wah quite headache.. its wooden table top. dunno wat it is called.. my flat is NG model. if i want to built just a simple cabinet that has got stove as well. from your website i saw one model i like. I-PRO V-17. can roughly tell me the cost?

CocoaBear

Any good painters to intro? Thinking of redoing the painting. How much for 4 room flat if using anti fungal, ordorless nippon paint plus also need a coat of those waterproof for bathroom ceiling which is full of fungi.

tinkerball

wah quite headache.. its wooden table top. dont know what it is called.. my flat is NG model. if i want to built just a simple cabinet that has got stove as well. from your website i saw one model i like. I-PRO very-17. can roughly tell me the cost?
cac can:shyxxx:. where are u??????

tinkerball

paisehhh i was bz whole day lOlzzzz

ermmm i saw oredi that one you like is black/white with glass kitchen rite?????

can give me the length???
alamak length im not too sure lehh cos i have not gotten my keys yet but the flat is 3 rm NG model and the kitchen quite big. however i dont intend to fill the kitchen up with cabinets cos i wan to create more space for dining area. i like the size of the one in the picture except i may want to add two more doors to create and L shape. another thing will it cost much to hack the upper half of a wall that leads to the kitchen?

Casse

Hi just wanna check

I haven get my flat, but would be getting a 3 room one.
I have seen many and also at your side

The open concept Kitchen .......
Anyone any comments ? the price? Expensive, i am on a tight budget.
If best everything can DIY i would want to..
But i know the open concept kitchen is cool

Wanna save up to do .
Anyone knows if a BTO ? 3 room flat able to do ? Or only Condos can do this concept?

=)

CanCanMum

Hi just wanna check

I have not get my flat, but would be getting a 3 room one.

Wanna save up to do .
Anyone knows if a BTO ? 3 room flat able to do ? Or only Condos can do this concept?

=)
hi Casse,

whether or not an open concept kitchen is feasible depends very much on your plan layout more than whether its a 3room or 4room or condo.

however, open concept kitchens usually costs more than normal kitchens due to hacking of walls and making good damaged tiles/plasterings etc. And in the process of doing it, u incur costs in some electrical wiring works as well as plumbing works (for sink relocation) if its affected too.

perhaps u can post a floorplan of your new house tat we can suggest how to go about doing the open concept kitchen or whether it is possible or not.

Coz nowadays most BTO kitchens are squarish in shape and its not big.

cocraze

Hi just wanna check

I have not get my flat, but would be getting a 3 room one.

Wanna save up to do .

=)
Hi Casse, BTO also can do open concept, as long as the kitchen wall can be hacked. Many of my future new neighbours do that as our BTO is fully hackable on the inside walls(except household shelter). Support beams all on outer walls.

Im not doing open concept kitchen cos me and hubby not keen. concerned about washing and smells. plus, I am SAHM, so I think I would cook quite regularly.

I think there would be quite a few people who blog about their renovation, including the process and cost of their open concept kitchen. I did a search for you on the forum that I use but didnt verify whether each of the following threads did include their owners doing open concept kitchen. You may wish to check these threads out on the forum .

Home Proud :)
Hobbiton @ 1B
Auslia & Mabel @ Blk 1A
OJ & Kyrieleison @ 1A - Completed Pix at Page 5
Weg's 1st Home
Kenneth & Serena @ 1D
Siron @ Blk G
Fia's Home
Kooltweety @ 1A
Maxxum & Snowy @ Blk 1A
R&D @ 1F

Few of my friends' places are done up by my designer friend. Most of his works are by referrals coz of his service n transparency of quotations i think. His name is Kelvin. He does commercial, offices and residential. Let me know if ya keen!:wong29:

kogepan

reno on a tight budget

hi mummies im new here

jus wanna check with can can mum, if were to do the built in
cabi for kitchen roughly how much ?
many thks

CanCanMum

Re: reno on a tight budget

hi mummies im new here

just wanna check with can can mum, if were to do the built in
cabi for kitchen roughly how much ?
many thks
hi hi,

can be a wide range from 2.5k to 5k, depends on how long your cabinets are.